Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BT Sport - would I be able to buy it and watch it here?

So how does BT Sport work then, guys and gals? They offer pay-per-view, right? And can you, if you choose, watch it on your computer, as opposed to TV? In which case, since I now have a free VPN, would I be able to buy it and watch it here? And if so, is it worth it to pay, rather than watching on a free stream? Would the quality definitely be superior, over the same ADSL line?

and on a related question, is it generally the case that when watching a stream, I will se a significant difference if the ADSL speed is 25Mbps rather than 8Mbps?

I thank you.

Comments

• Don't think there is day passes if that's what you mean.

Yes if you have paid for it you can watch on your computer.
  • I have the BT sport app as I have BT broadband. The quality of the picture is miles better than sky's equivalent.

I don't think BT sport is PPV. So you'll be better off finding a stream which they'll be plenty of
  • The quality will almost certainly be better direct from BT Sports, you'd probably be able to stream it in HD. From an illegal stream the image will most likely be heavily compressed so no matter what your internet speed it will be the same quality. If you're watching an official stream (read as: one that streams in HD and from the official source) a higher speed will mean you (should) experience next to no streaming problems even if streaming in HD.

I'm not entirely sure about BT Sports streaming services, but Sky have SkyGo which you can watch on a computer/games console/tablet so i'll be surprised if BT don't offer something similar

I've watched both the QPR and Sheff Wed games on illegal streams and the quality was pretty crap depending on what streaming services.

Hope that helps
  • edited February 2014
    install adblocker I recommended it in a previous thread makes streaming so much easier.

• If you've got Sky can you pay for BT sport for one month then cancel it?
  • Ok I get it now. You have to have a BT broadband line, which of course I cannot have, or an extra sub on Sky Digital but no PPV. I suppose there is some chance that one of the pubs here has invested in a sub on top of their existing Sky Digital subs.
  • I have the BT sport app as I have BT broadband. The quality of the picture is miles better than sky's equivalent.

I don't think BT sport is PPV. So you'll be better off finding a stream which they'll be plenty of

I didn't know I could get it free - brilliant, thanks!
  • PA what you need is someone you know back here that has BT sport via a BT account online . They can give you their log in details and then you can watch it for free. Unlike sky go they don't limit the number of devices.
  • buckshee said:

PA what you need is someone you know back here that has BT sport via a BT account online . They can give you their log in details and then you can watch it for free. Unlike sky go they don't limit the number of devices.

You mean that if I got their login I could watch it on my computer here?

Thanks for the tip!

• Sponsored links:

• @prague, download the Live Media app, on the App store, they have BT sport on there, available to stream, should hopefully work in prague!!
  • I watched a BT sports game on desktop, over BT Openzone last week. I couldn't see the ball.

True story.
  • edited February 2014
    Talal said:

If you've got Sky can you pay for BT sport for one month then cancel it?

No, minimum 12 month contract paid via Direct Debit - you have a contract with BT & not Sky as well
  • I would have thought non UK FA Cup rights are totally different and probably sold as a single package?
  • edited February 2014
  • their site says

http://sport.bt.com/pages/sport/BT-Sport-on-Sky/

"Alternatively

From £12 per monthAlternatively, add BT Sport to your Sky Digital Satellite Platform for £12 a month plus a one-off £15 activation fee. One-month minimum term."
  • edited February 2014
    cafcbrown said:

@prague, download the Live Media app, on the App store, they have BT sport on there, available to stream, should hopefully work in prague!!

This one ?

• That's the one @PragueAddick‌ , watched the sheff wed game Monday night, perfect picture . You can stream most channels in the world!!
  • cafcbrown said:

That's the one @PragueAddick‌ , watched the sheff wed game Monday night, perfect picture . You can stream most channels in the world!!

Sounds amazing, thanks a lot!

• No problem, if you need any help figuring it out, inbox me
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't want to rain on the parade of @PragueAddick‌ but I am pretty sure that the BT Sports app will be geo-blocked because of rights issues.

If he has a VPN then this should be bypassable but may be a problem.
  • edited February 2014
  • Have had BT Vision for years. A few months back I signed up for unlimited broadband and BT Sport. I tried for a couple of days to sort out the Sport and eventually gave up and phoned them with my difficulties. Turns out that my Vision box is Silver and it needs to be Black. That's another £50 for that I was told!!! I don't have BT Sport access now as I threw my toys out of the pram.
  • Don't want to rain on the parade of @PragueAddick‌ but I am pretty sure that the BT Sports app will be geo-blocked because of rights issues.

If he has a VPN then this should be bypassable but may be a problem.

I will test it in advance, but I do have a new VPN, can't remember what it's called but it protects your data too and so far is doing a great job. I lost a lot of
    my BBC coverage by satellite a couple of weeks ago when they moved to a new satellite, and the VPN software is allowing me to access Iplayer.

• whats happening with the satellite thing? does it no longer cover Europe?
  • razil said:

whats happening with the satellite thing? does it no longer cover Europe?

Didn't I tell you? The f***ers moved all the UK programmes to a new satellite with a tight spot beam, 3 weeks ago. I get intermittent signals, depending on the weather. But its on BT anyway so the satellite wouldnt help me.

You know who sabotaged us? Greg Dyke, when he was BBC D-G. Good job I wasn't around when you were brown-nosing him.:-)
  • The streams that were mentioning here for the Sheff Weds game were great. The App for I - pad revealed some very interesting channels last night when I had a scan.
  • For us paupers out there who survive on catch-up TV without a TV Licence, I was very disappointed after downloading the BT Sport App to read the following on http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44489/~/what-do-i-need-to-access-the-bt-sport-app?:

Do I need a TV Licence to watch BT Sport on the App or on btsport.com?

Yes. If you're watching BT Sport live on the BT Sport App or on btsport.com, you must have a TV licence.

How I wish that this was not the case. That has spoilt my Sunday viewing.
  • Prague

messaged you
  • You can watch it for free through the bt website if a bt customer you know was willing to lend you their log in details.