Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our new owners

Looking at a number of posts today and over the last 3 or 4 weeks, I do not understand the ‘outrage’ that a number of supporters seem to have with the new board.

Yes, the takeover rumours continued over many months and there was a lot of frustration (justified) with the former board and questions raised as to the intention of potential new owners (ground move, change of manager, etc) but there is no reason ... at this stage ... to continue that frustration against the new owners.

It’s almost as if a cadre of fans want something to go wrong so that we can ‘re-mobilise’ as we did ... to great effect ... many years ago. At this stage, there is no evidence that we have a need to do so.

I know many fans do not agree with me but I believe that a new model is being built by Duchatelet that has a reasonable chance of success. Some appear to have already made their minds up and expect it to fail.

Fine, that’s your choice ... from my perspective, I see progress and a lot of potential and I see no need to snipe at the club for perceived unjustified injustices.

Comments

• Anna I agree some of our hot prospects will be sold but not until they are 22ish and have given us 3/4 seasons and we can sell them for loads more. If we get promoted RD will get so much money we won't need to sell and build from there, all the while improving youth system and thus producing even better players. I for one think the future is bright.
  • stonemuse said:

Looking at a number of posts today and over the last 3 or 4 weeks, I do not understand the ‘outrage’ that a number of supporters seem to have with the new board.

Yes, the takeover rumours continued over many months and there was a lot of frustration (justified) with the former board and questions raised as to the intention of potential new owners (ground move, change of manager, etc) but there is no reason ... at this stage ... to continue that frustration against the new owners.

It’s almost as if a cadre of fans want something to go wrong so that we can ‘re-mobilise’ as we did ... to great effect ... many years ago. At this stage, there is no evidence that we have a need to do so.

I know many fans do not agree with me but I believe that a new model is being built by Duchatelet that has a reasonable chance of success. Some appear to have already made their minds up and expect it to fail.

Fine, that’s your choice ... from my perspective, I see progress and a lot of potential and I see no need to snipe at the club for perceived unjustified injustices.

Shame you feel that you may get shot down for a post that is spot on.
  • I think Roland is great, personally can see a bright future 100% Support
  • Vincent said:

stonemuse said:

Shame you feel that you may get shot down for a post that is spot on.
    Unfortunately positive views on here can sometimes create a hostile environment.
  • We need to stay up, like Murray said, before we can really see the benefits. I still question selling Dale and Yann when he did but I suppose we'll know more about whether or not that was a good decision in May.
  • Stephens was mediocre
  • Yann started in 3 of our five wins before he left scoring 3 goals we will not miss him or Stephens and results in the coming weeks will prove this
  • Its too early to judge Roland and his regime. Potentially we will be able sell players that we have developed when we want to and not in fire sales so be able to maximise the return. That means we could potentially sell players at the value that Southampton have over the last 10 years.

This money can then be reinvested to build a stronger squad.

However, what we don't know is if Roland will just keep a large share of the transfer money or reinvest it into another one of his clubs. Its a time of uncertainty so some will be pessimistic, others will look on the bright side.

From an admin and off field management perspective its early days, the new regime has not covered itself in glory with some of the communications such as cancellations, however the club has been run into the ground and we are in unusual circumstances ... multiple postponements, a prospective and realistic chance of a semi final. However, we also see them receiving stick unjustifiably, from a few, ... free / subsidised travel, kick off times, youth player contracts.

Folks its early days, the first real time to judge is end of season, then beginning of the next season and then on going .. like the team is only as good as its last result so too the ownership its last action. Along the way there will be some wins and some losses, as with any club, the real judgement will come from the balanceof wins against losses over time not a couple of months.

• Kap10 said:

From an admin and off field management perspective its early days, the new regime has not covered itself in glory with some of the communications such as cancellations, however the club has been run into the ground and we are in unusual circumstances ... multiple postponements, a prospective and realistic chance of a semi final. However, we also see them receiving stick unjustifiably, from a few, ... free / subsidised travel, kick off times, youth player contracts.

I don't think you should equate any criticism of the club with criticism of the owner. He inherited a number of problems internally and nobody would expect these to have been resolved at the outset. For example, I think it's poor the club has made no attempt to communicate any position on the SUFC kick-off time, but I wouldn't expect the Belgians to do that. It's an issue for the senior management, as was the attempt to avoid responsibility for what happened around the Barnsley game and position the ground staff as to blame. I'd anticipate the Belgians will address the bigger picture in due course, rather than intervene now every time the people in charge mess up.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2014
    From a club sliding down a slippery slope to being 90 minutes from Wembley in less than two months looks and feels quite spectacular. Enjoy the ride and whether we make it to Wembley / climb out of the bottom three or not there will be plenty of time to reflect over the summer.
    The direction of travel for our club has clearly shifted and, as Airman intimates, what we see and feel as symptoms will be addressed over time.
    Perhaps some can offer guidance And there will surely be different interpretations of results, performances and player signings / releases...
    Lot of football to be played and I for one am looking forward to it!
  • What a difference a week can make in terms of fan perception if all things CAFC.

The major issue is that we can now breath a very long sigh of relief that Administration is no longer a real threat. On the financial side we have a model that will potentially see the club being stable with a FFP friendly business model.

It should be noted that a number of high spending and indebted championship clubs are trying to take legal action against the football league in terms of the large penalties they could face under the FFP rules. If the penalties are issued this could see the likes of Bolton Blackburn Blackpool QPR are being threatened by insolvency and administration which would see them potentially slide down the divisions.

So in context C a FC are in a relatively good space and the squad of players appear motivated and for us fans the inclusion of four or five Academy graduates is a real thumbs up!

So I'm not at all disappointed by the early start made by the current owners and who knows there could be some truth in the rumour that they could become part of a joint-venture as the year progresses.
  • Kap10 said:

I don't think you should equate any criticism of the club with criticism of the owner. He inherited a number of problems internally and nobody would expect these to have been resolved at the outset. For example, I think it's poor the club has made no attempt to communicate any position on the SUFC kick-off time, but I wouldn't expect the Belgians to do that. It's an issue for the senior management, as was the attempt to avoid responsibility for what happened around the Barnsley game and position the ground staff as to blame. I'd anticipate the Belgians will address the bigger picture in due course, rather than intervene now every time the people in charge mess up.
    I agree but there are people that do.
  • I'd like RD a lot more if he sorted out CP's contract...
  • The future is bright long term, but if we go down due to a lack of a sufficient short term plan then the new lot are to blame for not listening to Powell and giving him what he needed (ie Kermorgant, strikers in early Jan etc).

Some times short term plans are as important as long term ones and can save millions.