Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The big game this weekend in SE7

No, not Charlton v Burnley but Gridlockers V Petts Wood Owls U9s at the Marathon Ground.

Gridlockers have already won the league and Villacourt Rovers are second having played all their games, one point ahead of Petts Wood.

So a draw against Gridlockers will put Petts Wood 2nd as they have the better goal difference.

In the SELKENT league they have half year promotion so a draw will take the Owls up in second place from the C league to the B league.

Forget your pampered Championship fancy dans with their staying in position and passing the ball to each other rubbish. This is "real" football.

Comments

• Do you stand on the touchline & yell abuse at the players & the referee, Henry, like all the other parents? Or do you watch silently, like a true Valley Golder? Ha ha ha.
  • I know a fella playing the biggest game of his life tonight for Horsham YMCA v Swansea on Sky TV tonight in the FA Cup...good luck Rooky!
  • [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Do you stand on the touchline & yell abuse at the players & the referee, Henry, like all the other parents? Or do you watch silently, like a true Valley Golder? Ha ha ha.

No, I don't shout at the refs, normally just remind Joe to stay goal side and in position . Total waste of breath of course : - )

And I'm not in Valley Gold.
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I know a fella playing the biggest game of his life tonight for Horsham YMCA v Swansea on Sky TV tonight in the FA Cup...good luck Rooky!

Ketman. what's that Vets team you play for? What talking to a guy who plays for HSBC Vets in Beckenham and couldn't remember if that was your team.
  • Shouldn't football for under 11s be about enjoyment, instead of must win games?
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Shouldn't football for under 11s be about enjoyment, instead of must win games?

True but try telling the kids it doesn't matter if they win or lose. Maybe that is coaches and parents putting that in their minds too early but they want to win the training games and Joe was really pleased that he scored two goals this week in training.

To be fair the coach doesn't go over the top when they win or start having a go when they lose and they are likely to lose a lot more games if they do go up.
  • edited November 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I know a fella playing the biggest game of his life tonight for Horsham YMCA v Swansea on Sky TV tonight in the FA Cup...good luck Rooky!

Ketman. what's that Vets team you play for? What talking to a guy who plays for HSBC Vets in Beckenham and couldn't remember if that was your team.[/quote]

Ben It's Lloyds TSB Goalden Oldies & we spank everyone.....apart from Metrogas only defeat so far this season.
  • OK, I'll ask the guy again if he's played against a tart wearing a West Ham scarf : - )

His names Jason Bush in case that rings a bell
  • I think that they should ban all parents from the sidelines at kids football matches. Nothing worse than seeing a load of parents screaming at there kids and talking a load of old shi*e from the sidelines. It does not instill any confidence in them to play and ENJOY there football. I played in the Bexley League as a kid and still play adult sunday football and I still laugh at the nobhead parents that take it so bloody seriously.
  • Bet Henrys sneaked on to their Board under some dubious bung. I think an all encompassing enquiry is needed.Im sure hes first at the oranges at half time.
  • Oi Henry

What was the score then.
  • Sponsored links:

• in torrential rain, we had little uns on the next pitch to us at the Meridian yesterday, 6 or 7 yr olds, and i could hardly concentrate on my team due to my disbelief at demented mum's screaming 'get stuck in', 'don't bottle it' and the like. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Really want to get involved in kids coaching in the next few years, but really don't think i could deal with the parents.
  • Lost a good game 2-1. My Joe had a rotten cold so didn't play anyway.

Got to hope that with the two two teams promoted out of the league they have a good chance to go up in summer.

The whole squad is coming to the Ipswich game. Not sure what have they done to deserve that! : - (
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]in torrential rain, we had little uns on the next pitch to us at the Meridian yesterday, 6 or 7 yr olds, and i could hardly concentrate on my team due to my disbelief at demented mum's screaming 'get stuck in', 'don't bottle it' and the like. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Really want to get involved in kids coaching in the next few years, but really don't think i could deal with the parents.[/quote]

In my opinion they should ban all parents from kids football. The kids are too scared to do anything, in case they get screamed at by a very loud parent.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No, not Charlton v Burnley but Gridlockers V Petts Wood Owls U9s at the Marathon Ground.

Gridlockers have already won the league and Villacourt Rovers are second having played all their games, one point ahead of Petts Wood.

So a draw against Gridlockers will put Petts Wood 2nd as they have the better goal difference.

In the SELKENT league they have half year promotion so a draw will take the Owls up in second place from the C league to the B league.

Forget your pampered Championship fancy dans with their staying in position and passing the ball to each other rubbish. This is "real" football.

Wasn't the Gridlockers team founded by a couple of ex-Charlton community coaches? I know a couple of children who were invited by Charlton to attend the advanced skills centre but were then 'poached' by Gridlockers
  • I heard an interview recently with Harry Redknapp and he said that Ron Greenwood banned any shouting from the touchline by adults (parents and otherwise) at the youth matches at Chadwell Heath. If someone shouted, Ron would have a kind word in their ear and tell them not to come again for the sake of their son.