Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sky Box Office / Sky+ / Ricky Hatton advice needed...

Anyone on here an expert in these matters?

I need some definitive advice before Sat, as I really don't want to cock it up!...

To cut a long story short, can I pay for the fight and then Sky+ it?

And if for some reason the recording fails (as happened with the Preston game, not a happy chappy),
does my £15 entitle me to watch the repeats on Sunday?

Just want to get all this clear to avoid 4 furious mates sat round my flat on Sunday.

Any help much appreciated.

(before anyone pipes up, sitting up to watch it live like a real man would, is not an option due to a girlfriend situation)

Comments

• I don't know about the Sky+ bit, but the £15 entitles you to all the repeat showings on the Sunday - I heard that on Sky Sports News last night.
  • Great, cheers for that.

Hopefully someone can answer the Sky+ query, as a mate of mine has placed a seed of doubt now, saying it might be encrypted so you can't record.
  • [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]Great, cheers for that.

Hopefully someone can answer the Sky+ query, as a mate of mine has placed a seed of doubt now, saying it might be encrypted so you can't record.

To be honest, I would imagine that you couldn't Sky+ the fight because what's to stop someone recording it then copying it via a recordable DVD player...... just a thought!
  • Check out with their customer service but PPV tv used t be that you could sky+ it and you would only be charged when you opened/ watched it.

That was a while ago so check it out.
  • Well I know you can sky+ sky boxoffice movies, so encryption isn't a problem, really it's down to whether or not sky want to allow recording of it, and only they can tell you that I'm afraid
  • i seem to think that if you have sky + you can record the event but you only have 24hrs to watch it before it gets deleted. I'm sure that's what happens with the movies anyway.
  • edited December 2007
    For everyone else - Don't pay them a penny, get your mates around with a crate of beer, sopcast it on the laptop, wire it to your widescreen telly and watch hatton knock him out!
  • Can someone tell me that if it says it is being replayed at 9am. does that mean the whole programme (i.e.) the earlier fights or will it go straight into the Hatton fight.

And by the way, what does pound for pound fighter mean?
  • exactly the same weight? I dunno
  • It's a term of comparing boxers at different weights
  • Sponsored links:

• so are they different weights then?

and does anyone who's watched one of these pay per view things before know if the 9am replay will go straight into the hatton fight? Carter?
  • It's like Sash said a way of comparing boxers from different weight divisions.

Some might say that Ali was the greatest pound for pound fighter others might say he was only the best Heavyweight.
  • I was under the impression that you can Sky + a Box Office item and you only pay for it if you view it!

It works with Box Office movies
  • It's a way of comparing a heavyweight to a wealterweight, or a middleweight to a lightweight.

Mayweather and Hatton are both at Wealterweight.
  • thats a good explanation. ta.
  • That explains why, when I came home late from golf and very pi55ed tonight, my wife is a better pound for pound fighter than me :)
  • In case anyone is interested for future reference, you can Sky+ box office events and then watch them whenever/how ever many times as you want.
  • only for a limited period though, the Hatton fight will stay on until 20/12
  • Should be Sky+'d up again on Friday - can't wait!
  • Sponsored links:

• as far as I know all sky box office sky plus recordings have a time limit to watch them in, usually specified when you do the ordering.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]only for a limited period though, the Hatton fight will stay on until 20/12
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]as far as I know all sky box office sky plus recordings have a time limit to watch them in, usually specified when you do the ordering.

cheers, i didn't realise that.