Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What would you do?

Watch this 3 minute video and tell me.. What would you if you was Maggie???

t.co/1gGnNCY8DW

Comments

• Well, as it's in Scotland, I'd try to talk him round with a bag of heroin and a deep fried mars bar..................
  • Well, as it's in Scotland, I'd try to talk him round with a bag of heroin and a deep fried mars bar..................

And if that didn't work???
  • press my panic button and start talking to the guy.

Call for back up and an ambulance on the walkie talkie

Tell him to put down the weapon for the sake of the baby while drawing my own weapon

All the while shitting myself.

Don't envy them being in that situation at all and well done to those that do.
  • In all seriousness, Cases like this show why all our police should carry tasers. Could easily be my sister who's a copper in Plumstead, like the woman in the video, she's divorced with 2 kids..............
  • In all seriousness, Cases like this show why all our police should carry tasers. Could easily be my sister who's a copper in Plumstead, like the woman in the video, she's divorced with 2 kids..............

Have you seen the figures for the number of kids getting tasered by the Bill? Given them greater access to weapons is not something I want to see.
  • Tasers are needed for all frontline officers. The increase of incidents where officers are being injured means officers should be given suitable equipment to protect themselves and members of the public...
  • Tasers are needed for all frontline officers. The increase of incidents where officers are being injured means officers should be given suitable equipment to protect themselves and members of the public...

The taser is not a protective item, it is a deadly weapon. There have been over 500 deaths in the US from use by their police. How long before someone dies here? The figures on usage in this country imply over use, especially against children.
  • edited March 2014
    If a 15 stone druggie was lunging at me, I would consider the taser to be protective.

The taser is not a protective item, it is a deadly weapon. There have been over 500 deaths in the US from use by their police. How long before someone dies here? The figures on usage in this country imply over use, especially against children.
    It's protective because it acts as a possible deterrent to those who threaten officers.

Do you think British officers are anything like US counterparts?

In the US firearms are legal therefore use of force is even higher in fact it's around 95% higher. Around 12 officers over in the US die a month.

Where have you got your figures? Taser has had many many positive stories since it's introduction here. Unless your basing your opinion on daily mail stories.

Children? Do you mean 16/17/18 year olds who carry knives and threaten members of the public?

Or maybe the police wait outside primary schools at the ready. I don't get some people who have such a negative attitude towards the police.
  • I know someone who is a school's police officer in inner London. There is a 13..... Yes 13 year old CHILD who arms himself with a knife. He threatens other school children by taking their money/phones and other belongings and he pulled the knife out on the officer.... This child is a problem and things like this happen on a regular basis to police officers in London.

My friend has told me many stories about officers who are threatened and injured with weapons to protect the people of London......but those stories are never in the news.... Why should officers not be given the appropriate equipment to protects themselves. Especially in London where the knife culture is ever increasing?
  • Sponsored links:

• I know someone who is a school's police officer in inner London. There is a 13..... Yes 13 year old CHILD who arms himself with a knife. He threatens other school children by taking their money/phones and other belongings and he pulled the knife out on the officer.... This child is a problem and things like this happen on a regular basis to police officers in London.

My friend has told me many stories about officers who are threatened and injured with weapons to protect the people of London......but those stories are never in the news.... Why should officers not be given the appropriate equipment to protects themselves. Especially in London where the knife culture is ever increasing?

Very good post. The media always promotes the negative.