Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carlsberg Bar

Anyone had anything to do with this place?.

It seems to be in what I knew as the Empire Leicester Square - just organising some drinks for one of the England World Cup games and it looks harmless enough and a bit different.

Comments

• Shit beer..............
  • Decent for live sport - but as tangoflash says, shit beer.
  • £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££+£
  • Shit beer..............

You are absolutely right Tango. I have often wondered how they are allowed to get away with their catchphrase, "Probably, the best beer in the world". It absolutely, definately is nothing like the best beer in the world. There is not one single measure by which it could be called the best beer. Does using the word 'probably' mean that you are allowed to follow up with the most outrageous lie and have absolutely no comeback?
  • Thankfully we're going for the sport not a CAMRA meeting
  • Carlsberg export is nice just saying like...
  • You don't have to be in CAMRA to appreciate the quality of beer. There are lots of good lagers and other non-real ales but you won't get them at this venue.
  • Carlsberg export is nice just saying like...

Agree - Export's a decent larger.
  • edited March 2014
    Special brew, now that's a beer in its own league....................

• Elephant pretty good.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Thankfully we're going for the sport not a CAMRA meeting

But if some of your party like real beer, wouldn't a venue that can cater for everyone be more appropriate?
  • If the venue is full of totty who cares what the beer is.
  • edited March 2014

If the venue is full of totty who cares what the beer is.

Sadly we are not all blessed with the kind of looks that guarantee pulling in a "venue" where any totty is almost certainly going to be there with her bloke watching the football too...

So I take the beer every time. :-)
  • Export bottles are great but don't like standard carlsberg.
  • If the venue is full of totty who cares what the beer is.

Sadly we are not all blessed with the kind of looks that guarantee pulling in a "venue" where any totty is almost certainly going to be there with her bloke watching the football too...

So I take the beer every time. :-)
    Don't put yourself down Algarve, I'm sure you have more chance of scoring than Rooney has. ;-)
  • PL54 said:

But if some of your party like real beer, wouldn't a venue that can cater for everyone be more appropriate?
    They don't, their average age is about 25
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

They don't, their average age is about 25
    Age has no bearing on taste, but if you know they are all fizz drinkers then that's fair enough mate. :-)
  • Special brew, now that's a beer in its own league....................

Mikel Alonso has seen better days.......

• Stig said:

Shit beer..............

You are absolutely right Tango. I have often wondered how they are allowed to get away with their catchphrase, "Probably, the best beer in the world". It absolutely, definately is nothing like the best beer in the world. There is not one single measure by which it could be called the best beer. Does using the word 'probably' mean that you are allowed to follow up with the most outrageous lie and have absolutely no comeback?
    Probably
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it Carlsberg with that new cider drink out with that clever apple add ?
    Clever take off
  • I've wondered for a while why you don't get special brew on draught in pubs/bars-that would be a session...
  • RedMist said:

I've wondered for a while why you don't get special brew on draught in pubs/bars-that would be a session...

because it'll end up in a big tramp swedge after a couple of hours

• "decent" + "lager" don't belong in the same sentance.

Did some filming there last year, pretty nice venue!

Cool - thanks

Au contraire. There are some excellent lagers but they aren't the industrial effluent produced by the big multinationals. Budvar is a typical example of a good one, there are lots made in Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, even The Netherlands. Closer to home, Samuel Smiths do a pleasant organic one.
  • What happened to Carling Premier beer. Not seen it for years.

The Natwest staff bar used to do Tenants Extra and Tenants Super on draft. Wondered why didn't do much work in the afternoon.