Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's Fabio next

Good or bad, this guy wants a challenge and is a winner.

Discuss.

Comments

• Loads of comments from Managers and Players re Capello, however the great self publicist, ex England captain and Capello player has kept quiet, possibly looking for his hundredth cap? Where is david beckham?
  • Good, as I like his approach - we can't play champagne football regularly. Reading into his record in knock-out competitions I am a tad worried though - it is much more of a sprint at international level IMO. I am thinking tournaments here - but he should at least get us there (2008, sigh)
  • cant believe they chose fabio crap ello for the job! whats a soppy italian 0-0 merchant gonna bring to the job! i say give it to that old 90 odd year old woman who won a prize at sports personality of the year seeing as how she did ask for it!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]cant believe they chose fabio crap ello for the job! whats a soppy italian 0-0 merchant gonna bring to the job! i say give it to that old 90 odd year old woman who won a prize at sports personality of the year seeing as how she did ask for it!!!

Tatical nous, proven winning ability, dropping underperforming players.......
  • edited December 2007
    I say we give the guy a chance.

First 45 minutes against Switzerland. If we aren't playing them off the park completely by half time then we start slagging him off as an old, overpaid, poncy art loving eye-tie (sic).

If on the other hand we start winning we as a nation can enjoy months and years of self-abuse as we bemoan the fact that it takes an Italian to sort out our over paid players, how much better dressed he is and why do no English managers collect art.

Forza Inglateria
  • edited December 2007
    I can't believe the FA are making the same mistake again, over paid too long contract, etc, frankly I'd prefer to have any of the young english managers on a sensible salary 2 year deal with performance related big bonuses. Perhaps an option for another 2 years, would anyone sign it though..?
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I can't believe the FA are making the same mistake again, over paid too long contract, etc, frankly I'd prefer to have any of the young english managers on a sensible salary 2 year deal with performance related big bonuses. Perhaps an option for another 2 years, would anyone sign it though..?

What young English manager out there has the ability to coach our overpaid prima donna players and earn their respect? None. Capello will instantly command respect and get results. Players will want to play for him.
    And if they don't start to produce the goods we'll know it's down to the players, certainly not the manager. If Capello can't deliver then it's time to accept we'll always be 2nd rate.
  • Like Sven did, I think not.. I guess he at least got us qualified tho
  • Capello is a much better manager than Sven. Sure Sven has won some titles but mainly by spending about £100m at Lazio. Capello has won everything and managed some of the greatest players in the modern game
  • ok I guess we'll see then..
  • Sponsored links:

• my only reservation is the FA insisting he has english back room. That's fine if it is a Shearer or tony adams but it'll be obvious he'll ask that irritating mug David Platt because he can speak italian. I hate listening to David Pratt when he commentates on England so god knows how irritating he could be at that level.
  • All my Italian colleagues are congratulating me (us) on the appointment, even fans of non-Capello managed clubs. He won't take shit from anyone, irrespective of status or hype.

I personally am looking forward to see these ponces starting to graft.
  • The thing is he doesn't understand English, which means he won't give a toss what the the tabloid papers say about him.

A shrewd move by the FA...
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]The thing is he doesn't understand English, which means he won't give a toss what the the tabloid papers say about him.

A shrewd move by the FA...

true enough BFR

Also he has been used to the Italian media in the past which to some extent is even worse than ours when it comes to football.
  • A victory for england is now just as much a victory for Italian coaching and organisation. I am bitterly disappointed by this decision.
  • Actually, he does speak English, not fluently but enough.
  • Well, the deed is done and he's England manager whether we like him or not.

Give the man a chance.

Why slag him off before England kick a ball........
  • ...err, cos that's the English way! ;-)
  • You have to ask the question though.what is the point of international football if the key personal don't have to be from the relevant country.

I'm sure he's a very good manager......... but the FA preside over the development of the game in this country, and buy appointing a foregion manager they have admitted their own failure.

English football will continue fail I'm afraid....... and this is from someone who followed england home and away all through the 90's.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]what is the point of international football if the key personal don't have to be from the relevant country.

Very good point. It's hardly England if the coaching staff are Italian, is it? Maybe we should be allowed 3 foreign players too. We could use Ambramovitch's money to buy Guttuso and Matterazi for example.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]You have to ask the question though.what is the point of international football if the key personal don't have to be from the relevant country. [/quote]

Southgate was having a big moan about the exact point in the lite today.
  • [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]You have to ask the question though.what is the point of international football if the key personal don't have to be from the relevant country.

I'm sure he's a very good manager......... but the FA preside over the development of the game in this country, and buy appointing a foregion manager they have admitted their own failure.

English football will continue fail I'm afraid....... and this is from someone who followed england home and away all through the 90's.

All good points, but the big clubs in England are managed by foreigners, currently there isn't an English candidate who looks remotely close to being of the right standard with the necessary experience. I think the last English manager to win something was McClaren (League cup with Boro) and before that who?

If you are going to criticise England for appointing an Italian, then you need to look at the pool of managers in the Premiership and therefore I can see why the FA have appointed Capello.
  • Unsure on him but time will tell