Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Leatherhead FC train in Dartford. I'm sure there are plenty of semi pro clubs that train nowhere near where they play.
  • Looks like Long Lane's ground to me.
  • They'll have the nets and posts stolen over night!
  • Margate have trained in other areas of Kent in previous seasons as have other East Kent clubs. They tend to pick somewhere convenient to the majority of players and, in Margate's case anyway, very few players have been local for a while now.
  • LenGlover said:

Margate have trained in other areas of Kent in previous seasons as have other East Kent clubs. They tend to pick somewhere convenient to the majority of players and, in Margate's case anyway, very few players have been local for a while now.

Yes, not to blame Margate at all, but it's symbolic of a much larger problem the area has in attracting employment.
  • Yes it is Long Lane a team that I have managed a youth side in the past. My old senior side Erith 147 train there on there 3g pitch, but it over subscribed where we decided to go elsewhere.
    There pitches have not been affected by the bad weather this year, Good luck to them, we on the other hand are playing football till the end of May because of the back log, because clubs pitches have been waterlogged. There is a big demand for 3g pitches, and I do hope that some priority is given to local league clubs at the forthcoming Sparrows lane academy application as it mentions. As we play in Bexley and the STC ground is around the corner from Sparrows lane I would like to think that we will get some consideration, the application does specify this in it's supporting statement it would be great news to think that we could use this facility, as I am sure we will be not alone in our enquires?
  • Allot of my mates play for Erith 147. Not sure how many of them will be there next year mind, seem to be falling apart a bit towards the end of the season.
  • Small world eh!...
    I was the reserve team manager, for 147..... two seasons ago, and we left to form Bexley Sports. We are hoping to get into the Kent league as we have been playing in the South alliance.
    Yeah 147 we right up there, I know Charlie Abbott the coach,as he used to run the Longlane team that my lads played in, and his lad played for me in another team. Andy the manager has got them through 2 divisions and lots of finals, but he is very 'focused', and that causes issues, as you can only play 11 men at any one time. None of the reserves would play for him as they knew they would be 'bench warmers', after he 'borrowed' our centre forward shall we say.! .....But we all do that as managers, you will probably know my son's then plaaayer !
  • Haha Ken, Charlie is my uncle and obviously Joe is my cousin!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I played there earlier this season against their 1st team and the pitch was in decent condition but had loads of sand underneath the grass

Have to get you down here for a game Gary!. Charlie did my new roof for me last year, excellent job.

• edited April 2014
    Joe is your cousin Gary? Joes one of my pals. Was having a beer with him in the Queens Head yesterday afternoon. Haha, proper small world.

I obviously know Charlie as well we were all in the Fanny last Sunday and will be this week as it's closing down.

What are your sons names Ken? I've been over to watch 147 a few times this year. A few of them play for Lessa on a Sunday including Joe and they're 3 wins away from winning the league.
  • I think one of my other pals Hotdogs dad runs one of the Long Lane sides, Dennis O'Connor. Proper nice fella, just retired from the Fire Brigade.
  • Yeah Charlie is my mum's brother!

Joe is a great lad when he's keeping himself out of trouble haha

• Fanny closing up !
    Used to go there a lot
    Is that for good?
  • I back onto Long Lane. During the Olympics, the teams playing at Wembley trained there the days before their matches. One team was allocated Long Lane and the other Eltham College. They put six foot high screens around each pitch to stop anyone looking in. The main pitch had the same dimensions as the Wembley pitch and there was about six months work beforehand upgrading the facilities to Olympic standards, including new drainage.
  • Plaaayer said:

Joe is your cousin Gary? Joes one of my pals. Was having a beer with him in the Queens Head yesterday afternoon. Haha, proper small world.

I obviously know Charlie as well we were all in the Fanny last Sunday and will be this week as it's closing down.

What are your sons names Ken? I've been over to watch 147 a few times this year. A few of them play for Lessa on a Sunday including Joe and they're 3 wins away from winning the league.

As I said we left to form Bexley Sport in the Alliance.
    Nick and Niall : The twins.
    My sons went to school with Joe, so good friends. Joe loves his football and trains with us some times, Both clubs have a lot of mates in common, they go out socially, go on holiday etc.
    I was due to go to see '147' at Metrogas last week, but had a family social event. They won today and just have Contrast as a difficult game so for there first season in the premier they have done very well.
  • Fanny closing up !
    Used to go there a lot
    Is that for good?

They're not allowed to build on the land for 2 years apparently so someone else should be taking the licence. Since they sold the back bit to developers the council have been looking for an excuse to close the pub.

Yeah Charlie is my mum's brother!

Joe is a great lad when he's keeping himself out of trouble haha

Haha, that doesn't sound like any of my lot to be honest! We're in benidorm the end of June, I'm not sure whether I'm excited or scared! Ask about how we had £200s worth of pizza for nothing next time you see him!

Plaaayer said:

As I said we left to form Bexley Sport in the Alliance.
    Nick and Niall : The twins.
    My sons went to school with Joe, so good friends. Joe loves his football and trains with us some times, Both clubs have a lot of mates in common, they go out socially, go on holiday etc.
    I was due to go to see '147' at Metrogas last week, but had a family social event. They won today and just have Contrast as a difficult game so for there first season in the premier they have done very well.

Seeing him tomorrow. I think I know who your boys are, decent players as well. We was going to start a team from the Fanny for next year but obviously that's not going to happen. I'd dusted off my boots and everything.
  • Pizza
  • Sponsored links:

'the 147 family' der der der de CLAP CLAP der der de de CLAP CLAP......