Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well done Morgan Fox

When Wiggins was ruled out for the season, I thought we could do without this.
So well done fella, you filled in admirably. Better be on your toes Rhoys but not the one you broke of course.

Comments

• Great cross for Jacko's goal.
  • Thought he was solid all game, the cross for JJ's goal was brilliant, whipped into space perfectly. good to see another youngster be good enough for the first team
  • Agreed well done Fox, come in has not looked out of place at all. Without trying to sound horrible but bye bye Cedric Evina.
  • Been very impressed with him. Like many, I feared the worse when Wiggins was ruled out of remaining games, but Fox has slotted in seamlessly.

Think we've got a decent player there................................
  • the conveyor belt keeps turning
  • Clearly a good prospect, occasionally his inexperience shows up defensively, but he was up against a good Watford team (going forward anyway)
  • I think it helps a lot that his mates harriott, Diego, cousins and piggot are in and around the team as well. Would be good to see Harry Lennon play against Blackpool as well. In fact, I think the lineup against Blackpool could be quite telling about the direction the clubs going in (in terms of youth players). Exciting times.
  • Yep -- great to see him -- another one that looks comfortable at this level already, defo one of the reasons that we ve managed to secure a place in Champ.
  • Personally can't get as excited as everyone else. Think he has been solid and that is about it.

• Sponsored links:

• He did well last night

Didn't think Wilson looked great in front if Solly
  • PL54 said:

Didn't think Wilson looked great in front if Solly

I felt Wilson being there enabled Solly to get forward more (as whoever wasnt attacking would sit back in the Right-Back slot).. then makes it harder for the opposition players on that side to mark X player because we can chop and change who is going forward

Was a great cross from Fox for Jackson's assist, again I've said it before but the Notts County loan has helped him exactly the same way as it helped Scott Parker when we went on loan to Norwich, even more pleasing for Fox because there have been a couple of times where he wasnt going to be offered a new Contract as a youngster yet management decided to take a gamble on him.. He'll have the No.3 shirt next season
  • Personally can't get as excited as everyone else. Think he has been solid and that is about it.

Not everyone else Clem, I am with you on this one. He has the potential to be very good indeed, he isn't yet. Still stands off the winger instead of getting tight, passing down the line goes into touch quite frequently, there is a naivety to his game. All that will come with time but Solly was a much better player at the same age.
  • thenewbie said:

Personally can't get as excited as everyone else. Think he has been solid and that is about it.

Still stands off the winger instead of getting tight, passing down the line goes into touch quite frequently, there is a naivety to his game. All that will come with time but Solly was a much better player at the same age.
    Probably depends who that winger is... the last two games its been Joshua King and Ikechi Anya and the problem with Fox becoming a First-Team LB at this level is he doesnt have the best of pace, those two guys mentioned are quick so he cant get too close to them else he'll be skinned too easily
  • Think he needs to get up the wing more, but was better lst night. Probably understandable given that he used to play in the middle.
  • edited April 2014
    Shocking miss when he got in the box : - )

I think he was trying to bend it into the far corner and caught it wrong but I can forgive that. Got an assist and was generally good.

• thenewbie said:

Personally can't get as excited as everyone else. Think he has been solid and that is about it.

Still stands off the winger instead of getting tight, passing down the line goes into touch quite frequently, there is a naivety to his game. All that will come with time but Solly was a much better player at the same age.
    Probably depends who that winger is... the last two games its been Joshua King and Ikechi Anya and the problem with Fox becoming a First-Team LB at this level is he doesnt have the best of pace, those two guys mentioned are quick so he cant get too close to them else he'll be skinned too easily
    That is very true, and I do truly believe he could go on to become a left footed Solly in time. He's been thrown in under pressure and handled himself admirably against some tricky and pacy wingers, a baptism of fire. Give him a preseason with the 1st 11 and the boy will come good I am sure.
  • Shocking miss when he got in the box : - )

I think he was trying to bend it into the far corner and caught it wrong but I can forgive that. Got an assist and was generally good.

:) - He made a joking comment about it on twitter after the game... still... Obika took the worst shot award last night (edge of the area and hit the ball out for a throw)
  • I think the lad has done very well indeed and he should be awarded with a nice ditty...

*Song Time*

Give the ball to Fox
    Give the ball to Morgan Fox
    He will get it in the box
    Just give the ball to Morgan Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sq8VDXlWQk

Probally the best song a footballer would ever received based on a one hit wonder from the 80's.
    (BTW I'm not serious, but why not give him a song for next season - if he's here?)
  • Shocking miss when he got in the box : - )

Not exactly the fox in the box :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• As said before seen him many times in last couple of years playing for the U21's. Based on that he has an excellent left foot (can take a main free kick at goal), is very good in the air and regularly overlaps like the new style full backs of this era. This will develop in time as he gains confidence playing for the 1st team. He is also a good talker.

He is slow on the turn and susceptible to being beaten by a trick, but he is improving all the time and if coached, think he can improve his defending.

Overall, the lack of pace is my main concern. Who was it who had the "FOXY" banner in the lower north?
  • Was told that Hart didn't fancy him and wanted to let him go.....
  • Grant Basey playalike
  • I've been impressed.
  • Been very impressed with him and can see him being a decent championship player. Defended Anya perfectly, everyone knows Anya is one of the quickest player's in the championship and would be foolish to go tight to him, you can let him cross from deep because he doesn't have that in his locker, otherwise he'd be playing for someone better than Watford. Also felt he got the better of Alan Hutton when we played diamond vs Diamond against Bolton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

• Reserving judgment for the moment. Promising signs but pace may be an issue.
  • Was told that Hart didn't fancy him and wanted to let him go.....

That was in the January. Fox asked him if he was on course to get a contract, and Hart told him "As things stand, no".
    Fox went away and worked so hard at his game that Hart changed his mind, and he earned himself a contract. Not the most gifted player, but fantastic attitude.

• The Wiggins injury was a huge blow given the situation we found ourselves in. Didn't know much about Fox but thought he might be out of his depth in a relegation scrap. I was wrong and he looks like next season he will be an able back up for Rhoys while he continues to learn his trade. What's not to like.
  • edited April 2014
    He's better than Evina that's for sure.