Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Baby Bent to WHam?

edited December 2007 in Rumours
From the BBC newspaper round-up:
West Ham boss Alan Curbishley has forgiven Spurs striker Darren Bent for his summer snub and will move for the £17m striker when the transfer window opens. (The Sun)

Would be good business for us - Spurs will have to pay-up the outstanding transfer fee immediately. That could be the boost to the coffers Pards needs for January...

Comments

• i am getting pissed of with wanky spurs and west ham fans slagging Bent off.

Hammers fans were on the radio this morning giving it the big un sayting Curbs should be sacked if he buys Bent as he is crap and over rated. I know he's not a Charlton player anymore but I got a soft spot for that young man because of his attitude and commitment he showed to us last year and these other tossers haven't a clue about him. We saw the best of him because we played to his strengths and Curbs will if he get him and then we'll hear a different tune.

Come home Dazza we still love ya
  • totally agree Ledge. if people just actually looked at the stats that mattered in the past three years they will see that he is in the top two/three english strikers bar none
  • Good post Ledge - agree entirely. I think he's a genuinely decent bloke and a fine footballer to boot.
  • Just ignorance mate. If these morons had seen what we'd seen they'd have a different view.

Before he left us, most people had just seen an England game, and the Boro cup away on tele, and based their judgments on that.
  • Great post Ledge.

Up front with a fully fit Ashton he will be class.
  • As boggzy has said, its ignorance.
    We haven't seen the benefit of him playing week in week out like you lot have.
    Yes he done the business for your lot, but he hasn't at spurs has he (granted given limited chances).

Just out of curiosity, why does that make us "morons" or "wanky fans"?
    A lot of west ham fans being against the move will be with regards to him snubbing us in the summer, and especially for tottenham who we are not exactly fond of.
    We're not exactly a forgiving bunch us wanky west ham fans.
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Would be good business for us - Spurs will have to pay-up the outstanding transfer fee immediately. That could be the boost to the coffers Pards needs for January...

That's why it will never happen ... Spurs owe 13 millionish, West Ham will pay 10 in installments ...
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]Great post Ledge.

Up front with a fully fit Ashton he will be class.

Agree with that, although Bellamy when fit would be a hard player to overlook.

For what its worth, I think he is a cracking player and would love to have him here, but his snubbing us for tottenham (supposidly a "big" club) is hard to forgive & forget.
  • I think the 'snubbing' had a lot to do with him not wanting to work with a certain Mr Curbishley - another reason that I can't see this happening....

He just hasn't been given a chance at all at Tottenham. Would love to see him go to another club and show what he's capable of (especially if that means we get our cash!)...
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]As boggzy has said, its ignorance.
    We haven't seen the benefit of him playing week in week out like you lot have.
    Yes he done the business for your lot, but he hasn't at spurs has he (granted given limited chances).

Just out of curiosity, why does that make us "morons" or "wanky fans"?
    A lot of west ham fans being against the move will be with regards to him snubbing us in the summer, and especially for tottenham who we are not exactly fond of.
    We're not exactly a forgiving bunch us wanky west ham fans.

ok i shouldn't put you all in the same category but give Benty his due he did say he didn't want to work with Curbs again so soon after working with him at CAFC and he wasn't "snubbing" West Ham - the wanky fans that have been ringing up TAALKSPORT deserve that tag not the likes of you obviously.

I did say Spurs fans have been doing the same as well which is bloody unfair because he's hardly played. Play him week in week out and I am confident he will outscore Defoe, Ashton,Crouch and any other english player out there.
  • Sponsored links:

• give Benty his due he did say he didn't want to work with Curbs again so soon after working with him at CAFC
    I must've been on another planet on this one - what exactly did he say? Was it nasty or just a case of wanting something different?
  • He probably wanted to play with a midfield..

(sarky comment re Curbs, I don't know what style of play he's adopted with WH)

In fact, Mortain I'm interested... Is he playing attacking football or the usual 10-man defence? I would hope with the likes of greedy c**t and bowyer there, there's actually some decent midfield play going on?
  • Was talking to a West Ham season ticket holder at work yesterday and he reckons that the general feeling is that Curbs shoud go - which seems a bit of an odd one to me.
  • My brother-in-law is West Ham- he thinks the same about Curbs - seems there's many at Upton Valley who don't like him.
  • yeah,they must be gutted to be mid table in the prem.i bet they all wished they had gone down like us.
  • is their a big sell on clause if bent goes west ham .
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]yeah,they must be gutted to be mid table in the prem.i bet they all wished they had gone down like us.

well it's so much more exciting losing to burnley rather than man utd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]yeah,they must be gutted to be mid table in the prem.i bet they all wished they had gone down like us.

well it's so much more exciting losing to burnley rather than man utd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not sure if that was tongue in cheek or not but losing is losing mate no matter who it is to????

I'd rather we were winning more often than losing no matter the opposition but hey ho
  • [cite]Posted By: kmem4[/cite]is their a big sell on clause if bent goes west ham .

No but it's very unlikely that Spudz paid the whole fee up front so if they sell him, presumably the balance would become payable.
  • edited December 2007
    Interview with Bent in The Guardian today...

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2231451,00.html
  • Sponsored links:

• really good interview - good to see he hasn't changed.
  • hold on people - to criticise spurs fans for having a go at benty when he hasnt even been playing week in week out??

are these the same people that have been slating mccloud??
  • [cite]Posted By: balham red[/cite]hold on people - to criticise spurs fans for having a go at benty when he hasnt even been playing week in week out??

are these the same people that have been slating mccloud??

I hate Tottenham regardless but I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment there mate
  • i hate charlton
  • i hate you Alex!
  • [cite]Posted By: sexyleeds[/cite]i hate charlton

signed up 23 hours ago and manages a such a witty retort so soon after. I'm impressed.
  • [cite]Posted By: sexyleeds[/cite]i hate charlton

sexy leeds ... that's one of those oxymoron things ain't it ? ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: sexyleeds[/cite]i hate charlton[/quote]

sexy leeds ... that's one of those oxymoron things ain't it ? ;-)[/quote]

Nope just plain old Moron !!!