Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quote of the day

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
"My aim is just to keep working hard. Football might be a glitzy game now and high profile, but you've got to put in the hard graft."

Guess who?
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3005256,00.html

Comments

• I'll get a mop and bucket out and clean up the irony shall I?
  • [cite]Posted By: fatkit[/cite]I'll get a mop and bucket out and clean up the irony shall I?

And a few dollops of sick as well...
  • That's laughable.

As soon as he puts pen to paper on a permanent deal, the effort and goals will dry up. Playing fo 10 or so clubs before you hit 30 years old tells the story.

Luckily for us, he was linked with Steve Bruce's Birmingham many times, so this move should happen. Poor Wigan..ha ha.
  • edited December 2007
    Still, at least he's scoring on the pitch with Wigan.

Last season, he only ever scored in a hotel room.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Still, at least he's scoring on the pitch with Wigan.

Last season, he only ever scored in a hotel room.

Now THAT is the quote of the day !
  • Ooooh Marcus Bent footballing ray of light reflecting back in the face of all that is wrong with the modern game.

Bleurgh

I still find it astonishing people persist with this prick having not learned that as Paddy said 10 or more clubs before one reaches 30 years of age is not in essence a good thing nor is it a good character reference. But Brucey knows best eh??

7 premiershit goals must make him worth more than £2mill. Go on Brucie, you know you want to
  • I can't get over him. The bloke's beyond belief.
  • edited December 2007
    we all know he's a bit of a c*** but i wouldn't mind some of his goals in our team .
    yeah his attitude stinks at times but he's obviously got a bit of talent that he hasn't utilised for us.
    i say bring home the prodigal son and give him a chance , he's got to be better than the clown ffs i mean a sub subbed how bad can he get
  • edited December 2007
    get stuffed he's had plenty of chances with us. he might be the highest scoring englishman in the PLbut he's not welcome here
  • Sponsored links:

• don't bite your nose to spite your face, if he improves our team(which wont be that difficult if he brings his current form with him) then i'm all for it or would we rather have a real hard tryer who is just shit
  • Do you honestly think he will have the slightest intention of trying to exert himself for us if we drag him back??

A leopard never changes its spots mate
  • Dave Whelan: "Bent has also impressed me, he never stops running and has a very big heart."

Unbelievable
  • marcus bent has a tattoo of his own name on his arm.

nuff said.