Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 'Red Card' Scheme

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
Seems quite ironic given our current plight :-)

Right, help me out here. Now i would put myself in the top category of 'Charlton-ness'. I'm a season ticket holder, i do a few away games, and my involvement with this means i think and talk about Charlton most of my waking day.

So is there anyone else out there that hasn't really got a clue what this red card scheme is about, what their red card number might be etc etc ???

Not a moan, it may just be down to my uselessness. But if it turns out there are quite a few similar who class themselves as 'more than regular fans' but don't know too much about it, then the club might want to do a better selling drive.

So are there others in the dark, or am i on my own ?

Comments

• i know what its about - mainly because i used to buy a lot of extra home game tickets for mates. We all receive one dont we. Mine is in my purse. I shall use it when i next purchase away tickets
  • nope, i'm aware of it but i thought it was simply a membership scheme for those who did not have a season ticket.

Surely a season ticket automatically makes you a red card holder? What's my number though? Where is it? Am i meant to have an actual card?

God knows.
  • I got sent three of them for some reason. I am not sure what they are for to be honest. For a laugh, I flashed it at Jakarta Airport to try to get into a Business Class Lounge when I was travelling economy. It worked to some extent, as the guy on the door only want a 30,000 Rupiah bribe (about £2) to get in and drink free gin and tonic.
  • HAVN'T GOT MY CARD on me but I know the number off by heart (sad isn't it) but then again I can remember phone numbers of school friends from 25 years ago but can't remember, for instance, who scored our goals against Leicester at home.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]nope, i'm aware of it but i thought it was simply a membership scheme for those who did not have a season ticket.

Surely a season ticket automatically makes you a red card holder? What's my number though? Where is it? Am i meant to have an actual card?

God knows.

it is quoted on your season ticket insert I think, should start CON......
  • this 'red card holders only for away games' is a bad idea imo as every person who has ever bought a ticket for a home game automatically gets a red card.
  • As I understand it, it is a way of allocating priority when selling tickets. I assume I'll get loyalty points when I flash my Red Card when buying tickets for away games. A bit like a Sainsburys or Tescos (I'm loyal to both of them as well). Then when a special offer comes up - or more likely a limited number of tickets for Blackpool - I'll be at the front of the queue cos I've only missed three away games this season and got lots of points. The red card in itself is worthless, it'll be the points you have on your red card that will make them valuable. AFKA will be behind me in the queue - quite rightly - cos he only goes away occasionally. Not sure where the VG members are, and quite honestly don't care.

I think the players have misunderstood the red card scheme this season though.
  • But I think that is the point SX, the club do not have a scoobies that you've been to every game for 10 years including the China tour whereas AFKA only went to the Welling friendly, so the red card is still worthless as a priority card, and that is why they are saying in typical Charltonese that you don't now longer need to save you away stubs but keep them anyway just in case!

By the way Thai Malaysia - I reckon you got my red card, I have applied twice and never received one, bit like the 25 notes they got out of my for the International membership bollox - I never got jack back on that either.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]nope, i'm aware of it but i thought it was simply a membership scheme for those who did not have a season ticket.

God knows.

it is quoted on your season ticket insert I think, should start CON......

This is correct Large. So says Rick Everitt anyway and thats good enough for me.
  • This is surely just a cheap-arse replacement for a proper loyalty scheme, no?

After my experience with a stolen ticket, I wonder if *all* purchases will be recorded...
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought they were meant to be keeping a record for the last couple of seasons anyway??
  • Nope. They don't record purchases at the ticket office (and definitely not on matchdays).
  • Hmmm, every single ticket I've bought in advance (home or away) I ask them if they've made a note on my red card number, and they always *say* yes. I remember asking them to make a note when I bought one for Chesterfield etc.

Even if they used to, it's probably been wiped clean with this new database.
  • Are the players jealous that we have Red Cards, do you think? They all seem to want one too.
  • I Don't have a season ticket but i have a Red Card, the club sent me a flyer prior to the Hull City game offering me tickets at £10.00 each.

When i wanted to purchase 2 tickets for Norwich away i had to produce my Red Card along with 2 C vouchers from 2 different season ticket holders.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]HAVN'T GOT MY CARD on me but I know the number off by heart (sad isn't it) .

well you are a proper fan

AFKA haven't a clue what it's for - noticed when I have been in club shop it offers discounts and I always hand it over and the club shop staff have just looked at me as if to say "yeah what do you want me to do with that" - shove it up your arris sideways preferably
  • ne1 know if you can get knew 1s because ive lost mine i think.
  • edited December 2007
    Nice and red.....
  • [cite]Posted By: RedRoss[/cite]ne1 know if you can get knew 1s because ive lost mine i think.

done no bruv, know i-dear m8.
  • nasty off-it nasty.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]nasty off-it nasty.

I was just trying to be "down". Did I not pull it off?
  • I Shall be using my Red Card On new years day to purchase 2 tickets for Watford away.