Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

notice Peterborough have signed Barnet striker

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
and Barnet in turn have signed a replacement - does this mean mr mclean is on his way to us

Comments

• That's what I was thinking !
  • hmmm, do we really need another unproven lower league McStriker. I am hoping we can loan a Todorov quality replacement. BTW when a player has a long term injury like Todorov do we get any form of insurance payment covering wages etc,
  • Earnshaw rumour will start again soon I suspect. I wouldn't say no to him
  • Maybe Barnet will be in for Izale
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Earnshaw rumour will start again soon I suspect. I wouldn't say no to him

i would he's injured plus no manager seems to give him a run of games so something can;t be right with him.

[cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]hmmm, do we really need another unproven lower league McStriker. I am hoping we can loan a Todorov quality replacement. BTW when a player has a long term injury like Todorov do we get any form of insurance payment covering wages etc,

take your point but he's banged in 17/18 goals already and someone will take a punt with him so why not us
  • Earnshaw is a yoyo player.

Very good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premiership.
  • I see QPR have wraspped up a loan deal for a defender from Man U
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]hmmm, do we really need another unproven lower league McStriker. I am hoping we can loan a Todorov quality replacement. BTW when a player has a long term injury like Todorov do we get any form of insurance payment covering wages etc

take your point but he's banged in 17/18 goals already and someone will take a punt with him so why not us,
    [/quote]

McLeod, Varney and Dickson are all players that have done it at lower leagues and for one reason or another the punt on them have not yet paid off at Championship level, I think we need someone who has been there and bought the t-shirt, at this stage.
  • kap 10 please - dickson hasn;t been given a game so how can it have not come off. Varney has been the victim of Pardew changing the system but has still looked the best forward on the books.
  • Ledge - I did say "yet" all three could well come off, however my point is that we should now be looking for a player who has a pedigree at this level to come in, not another in the same mold and level of experience as those three.
  • Sponsored links:

• varney reminds me of Garry Nelson - lots of effort but not quite prolific. I think he'll come good but needs to score a few more
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Ledge - I did say "yet" all three could well come off, however my point is that we should now be looking for a player who has a pedigree at this level to come in, not another in the same mold and level of experience as those three.

yeah i know mate fair enough.

there isn't any out there though.
  • Zemora --- Lita-----Earnshaw theres three id have before the Peterboro guy.

Our main problem is midfield it was before Reid got injured and has been since Parker left. We need a quality midfield General and i dont think there is anyone out there(we can afford).

I also think the Miles and Sodji thing stinks like a month old fish and there is no way we should be lookin to keep either.

I live in hope that we will sign a good experienced forward. A midfield general. and maybe if we ask /beg / crawl to the Goonershit then they might lend us some out their 3rd team ten year olds !! Or the two Hoyts and Song would be ok ta very much and i promise to not burn any more glory hunting sarf london gooners on Blackheath (maybe).
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Or the two Hoyts and Song would be ok ta very much and i promise to not burn any more glory hunting sarf london gooners on Blackheath (maybe).

I think Song is off to the African Cup of Nations