Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crystal Ball Time

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
So as we stand at the eve of a New Year where we be at this time in 2017?

1. At The Valley in the top tier of English football

2. At The Valley in the second tier of English football

3. At a new ground somewhere like Ebbsfleet or West Malling in Kent

4. At a superground (The Dome?) in SE London merged with one or both of Millwall and Palace

5. Out of existence

6. None of the above but if you vote this elaborate

Comments

• 6. Playing at the Olympic Stadium as Charlton Orient
  • 1. or 4. Without the merger says my heart
  • 7 = Glasgow Charlton
  • The way the gap in class and wealth is growing between the Premiership and the Championship and the divisions below i think unless we get promoted in the next few seasons and get a big influx of cash we will be left behind just playing for the sake of playing,more than likley part time footie

If we merger with Millsmall or Palarse i won't bother going.If they move out to the sticks it won't be Charlton anymore but West Malling Wanderers or Ebbsfleet Athletic and the heart of the club would be gone

Mind you by 2017 football will have been banned under Islamic Law of Great Britainistan so it won't bloody matter.
  • 1. No harm in having ambition.

I know it's just a bit of fun - but I don't really do crystal ball stuff as I love the unfolding drama of the day to day soap opera which is Charlton Athletic.

This time 10 years ago, we were striving for a playoff place but inconsistant. Who'd have forecast that stunning long winning run without conceding a goal, taking us to the playoff final, Premiership football for 8 of the 9 next seasons, a team packed with internationals and capacity 27,000 crowds - and beating Arsenal 4-2 at Highbury?

We've come a long way. By the end of 2017, no doubt there is going to be untold triumphs and disappointments, promotions & relegations, enlarged ground or move, new owners, Arab money(!), booing when we score, Kevin Lisbie as manager, etc,

And Colchester at home tomorrow...... :o)
  • 1. bottom of the division, welcomimg backl fromer manager Alan Pardew onto the pitch and I'll be 60 and if 1965 is write we won't be playing Football, but Kabbadi
  • Kap - And you'll call yourself, Kabbadi 10?
  • 2. But second in the league and looking strong for promotion!
  • 6. none of the above , playing in the third tier near the bottom and saying if we go down it wont be a bad thing cos we'll win more games and get new grounds to go to;-(
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]6. none of the above , playing in the third tier near the bottom and saying if we go down it wont be a bad thing cos we'll win more games and get new grounds to go to;-(
    i was waiting for this one!