Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sort of quiz: How many can you find?

In the spring, Hazel liked a picnic in the wood. Sam rose early and went on the picnic too with Stuart. Sam was a daily walker. They set off in a haze. They went where it was wilder near the white house past the marsh with borrowed ale and food – salmon, tuna and whitebait as well as a pringle or two.

“Any ‘am an’ bacon?” Stuart asked Sam. “’Azel would usually bring ham on d’bone”. They walked to the town’s end past the church through some ferns and foliage and into the green fields.
“Mac and Stacey will come in their Jensen – or is it a Rolls Royce?” asked Sam. They leave cars on yellow lines. “Isn’t Mac loud?” observed Hazel. “They just want to hunt – pheasant, partridge – even parrot or peacock. They once saw a moo to kill. They make pates, you know”. However, Mac was a smart man though, having made money from stocks.

They met and sat down with a pitcher of ale while Stacey got out the Primus stove to cook. Mac’s glass was fuller than Sam’s, but suddenly went off to a horse field. “He ride arse on any old nag” said Hazel. “He’s more ridiculous than anyone. He sticks his butt on any horse”.

Thomas the tiler arrived unexpectedly. “Tutt, tutt”, said Hazel. “You’re late. Have a litre of ale. You busy, Thomas?” she asked.

“I’ve plenty of fish to fry”, replied Thomas as he gave Hazel a garland. “I have some hints – always show grit, be bolder then you’ll make a fortune. There are some duff and bent crooks out there but you have my bond I always tile well. Bonds are important”. Thomas was a bright man and had done some hard work.

“I’ll grant you that. You’re on the button”, said Hazel. “Many tilers go for a burton. They spring up, work on their tod but have no hope”.

Stuart suddenly said “I know a song”. He was a great Scot and used to be in a Welsh choir. He sang at chapel when he was young. Stuart’s voice soars and Stacey shields her ears.

“I fancy a Costa coffee” remarked Stacey as Mac returned with his two red setters. “I prefer teas from Holland & Barrett for sure”, said Mac.
“You madden me, Mac. Your teas are dire – they’re more green than brown”.
“How do you know? You’re speculating ‘n’ guessin’”. He looked angry. “Sod yer”, he said. “You always have to be right”.
“You act like Captain Mark Phillips” spat Stacey. “You’re a right Phillips. And, I hate your hair. You’re better when shorn”.
The picnic ended.

Comments

• I lost count after the first paragraph very good tho, maybe someone with time can write them all down and get the exact figure lol
  • All of them... ;)

Very good quiz
  • edited May 2014
    I make it 74 (edit 92) different ones.
  • I'm really confused. How many what can I find?
  • I love the your a right Phillips at the end
  • @Ross‌ Charlton players e.g. Jensen.
  • I lost count at 60.
    It's a very good piece, although some of the names are spelt correctly, I'm guessin ;)
  • @Ross‌ Charlton players e.g. Jensen.

Right, makes sense now. If it said that in the original post.....
  • I lost count at 60.
    It's a very good piece, although some of the names are spelt correctly, I'm guessin ;)

Indeed, the spellings aren't always right. One or two are really stretching it, but it's my quiz so I can do what I like ;-)
  • In the spring, Hazel liked a picnic in the wood. Sam rose early and went on the picnic too with Stuart. Sam was a daily walker. They set off in a haze. They went where it was wilder near the white house past the marsh with borrowed ale and food – salmon, tuna and whitebait as well as a pringle or two.

“Any ‘am an’ bacon?” Stuart asked Sam. “’Azel would usually bring ham on d’bone”. They walked to the town’s end past the church through some ferns and foliage and into the green fields.
    “Mac and Stacey will come in their Jensen – or is it a Rolls Royce?” asked Sam. They leave cars on yellow lines. “Isn’t Mac loud?” observed Hazel. “They just want to hunt – pheasant, partridge – even parrot or peacock. They once saw a moo to kill. They make pates, you know”. However, Mac was a smart man though, having made money from stocks.

They met and sat down with a pitcher of ale while Stacey got out the Primus stove to cook. Mac’s glass was fuller than Sam’s, but suddenly went off to a horse field. “He ride arse on any old nag” said Hazel. “He’s more ridiculous than anyone. He sticks his butt on any horse”.

Thomas the tiler arrived unexpectedly. “Tutt, tutt”, said Hazel. “You’re late. Have a litre of ale. You busy, Thomas?” she asked.

“I’ve plenty of fish to fry”, replied Thomas as he gave Hazel a garland. “I have some hints – always show grit, be bolder then you’ll make a fortune. There are some duff and bent crooks out there but you have my bond I always tile well. Bonds are important”. Thomas was a bright man and had done some hard work.

“I’ll grant you that. You’re on the button”, said Hazel. “Many tilers go for a burton. They spring up, work on their tod but have no hope”.

Stuart suddenly said “I know a song”. He was a great Scot and used to be in a Welsh choir. He sang at chapel when he was young. Stuart’s voice soars and Stacey shields her ears.

“I fancy a Costa coffee” remarked Stacey as Mac returned with his two red setters. “I prefer teas from Holland & Barrett for sure”, said Mac.
    “How do you know? You’re speculating ‘n’ guessin’”. He looked angry. “Sod yer”, he said. “You always have to be right”.
    “You act like Captain Mark Phillips” spat Stacey. “You’re a right Phillips. And, I hate your hair. You’re better when shorn”.
    The picnic ended.

I've probably missed some....
  • Sponsored links:

• "speculatin 'n' guessin" - like!
  • edited May 2014
    Pedro45 said:

In the spring, Hazel liked a picnic in the wood. Sam rose early and went on the picnic too with Stuart. Sam was a daily walker. They set off in a haze. They went where it was wilder near the white house past the marsh with borrowed ale and food – salmon, tuna and whitebait as well as a pringle or two.

The picnic ended.

I've probably missed some....

Greg Shields is one I can spot you missed
  • And Button
  • And Spring :)
  • Amman is tenuous ;)
  • edited May 2014
    Sheilds I agree I missed, but I highlighted "Butt On" (6th para from bottom) and Spring too (3rd para from bottom)...that's the thing, many are repeated. I make that 72 in total - agreed?
  • “Any ‘am an’
    Ammann?
  • red_murph said:

Amman is tenuous ;)

I prefer my 'am tenuous rather than fatty

• Oops - I missed a paragraph - I make it 92.....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2014
    Teas = Matt Tees
    Sod yer = Sodje
    Hints = Paul Hince

• Sod yer = Sodje

That one surely dont count

• Sod yer = Sodje

Come on, it's close.

• Sod yer = Sodje

Come on, it's close.
    na If the spelling is different thats fine but the words are different, even if you try and say it in different accents it dont work, two different vowel sounds, try again on that one LOL
  • Paulie can you highlight them?
  • Paul Went.
  • Paul Went.

I am still here :-) LOL
  • Christian Dailly.
  • David Stocks
  • Leroy Lita (litre).