Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

transfer window and Pards

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
according to the OS Pards and Murray have had conversations but as Window isn't open nothing can be done.

For his family's sake I hope he didn't have the same view regarding xmas.......no shopping until the 25th so no pressies or turkey this year then.

Also, Leicester want to sign Steve Howard in time to play tomorrow.......how ??? Can they sign him before midnight, ie outside the window and play him on tuesday (like us with HH). If so, any other clubs stealing a march ?

Don't think much of the names bandied about here earlier.......Villa wont let Harewood go I'm sure and Jason Roberts is attracting interest from other Prem clubs, Also Steve Howard is too much of a lump IMHO and Leicester are welcome to him.

I feel a few loans/signings from abroad are in the pot ala Semedo and moo2. I'll eat my hat if we sign a "name" in January.

Comments

• Eat your hat - promise, Golfie......? That'll be worth a laugh! :o)

You can sign a player outside the window whenever you like.
    You just can't play him.

We signed Herman & Dicko outside the window and they had to wait until thety were eligible.

Most clubs won't release even squad players before Jan 1st in case they are needed to play over Xmas.
    Many deals are already done but with an embargo to keep silent until 1st Jan.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]according to the OS Pards and Murray have had conversations but as Window isn't open nothing can be done.

For his family's sake I hope he didn't have the same view regarding xmas.......no shopping until the 25th so no pressies or turkey this year then.

Also, Leicester want to sign Steve Howard in time to play tomorrow.......how ??? Can they sign him before midnight, ie outside the window and play him on tuesday (like us with HH). If so, any other clubs stealing a march ?

Don't think much of the names bandied about here earlier.......Villa wont let Harewood go I'm sure and Jason Roberts is attracting interest from other Prem clubs, Also Steve Howard is too much of a lump IMHO and Leicester are welcome to him.

I feel a few loans/signings from abroad are in the pot ala Semedo and moo2. I'll eat my hat if we sign a "name" in January.

I've emailed Pards in case he didn't know the workings of the transfer window. He said that he's been trying to open the window this morning but it's stuck. He has contacted maintenance dept at Sparrows Lane but they are off until 7th Jan. RM is currently skiing in Austria and doesn't have a mobile or internet access and so can't do anything until he returns on 17th Jan, assuming his EasyJet flight via Krakow is okay. Expect some deals to be done around the 27th once RM and AP have met at McDonalds in Woolwich for a transfer window chat by which time RM may have been able to afford to top up his pay-as-you-go mobile on the You-Plank network.
  • that's quite funny LA!
  • nice one Large.

Personally, i think this window is absolutely crucial to us. Lets hope its not a month of frustration.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] i think this window is absolutely crucial to us.

most definitely gonna be a make or break window get it right and we could be pushing west brom (only 7 points behind) get it wrong and we'll drift to mid table obscurity(we're only 7 points above 14th spot)
  • Leicester have done one deal where they are buying a player but have signed him on an emergency loan so that he can play tomorrow !!!!
  • by my reckoning the window has been open for nearly 10 hours now and we STILL haven't signed anyone. I've just got out of bed expecting to see that we've signed at least two new players and nothing. What's going on ffs - SORT it out Pardew!!!
  • I was expecting Kris Commons and some chap from France to have been unveiled by now! looks like we'll re-sign Lisbie on 30th January instead