Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WHY SO NEGATIVE!?!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a few think we have reached our peak already...
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/championship/table
  • Options
    I think the original question can best be answered around the end of September when we know who is on our books and for how long, and what sort of a start we have had.

People make judgments based on the little they know. There has been no suggestion of signing replacements for any of the seasoned pros we have lost, (or our unseasoned POTY if he goes). But let's see who comes in before being too negative. I reserve the right to resurrect this thread and have a right good moan if we are in the bottom three at the end of September and playing hoofball having gone out of the league cup at the hands of Colchester, (even if we are doing it on the best playing surface in the country). I doubt I would be alone in that.
  • Options
    addix said:

Sounds like a few think we have reached our peak already...
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/championship/table

I'll settle for that and a good cup run :)

• Options
    We are Charlton it's what we do!
  • Options
    To name but a few. If questions were never asked ... the Qatar World Cup bid would have been above board. The Pope would have remained silent on child abuse. Tony Blair would be a good bloke who alerted the world to WMD and as for Jimmy Saville - a marvellous fund raising entertainer. OK, mum and dad didn’t lie to me when I asked about Father Christmas … but they did go quiet on me.
  • Options

I think the original question can best be answered around the end of September when we know who is on our books and for how long, and what sort of a start we have had.

People make judgments based on the little they know. There has been no suggestion of signing replacements for any of the seasoned pros we have lost, (or our unseasoned POTY if he goes). But let's see who comes in before being too negative. I reserve the right to resurrect this thread and have a right good moan if we are in the bottom three at the end of September and playing hoofball having gone out of the league cup at the hands of Colchester, (even if we are doing it on the best playing surface in the country). I doubt I would be alone in that.

Absolutely agree!!!
    I am not saying everything is great, we are going to finish top 6 etc and of course I respect other people's opinions.
    I just think "what's the point of being so negative" of course we have a un tried manager in English football so it could all go tits up if he doesn't get the right calibre players. Of course the proof is in the pudding but until then I am fully behind our new owner and manager and of course our new look squad!!!....... Whoever they may be!
    COYR....

• Options

To name but a few. If questions were never asked ... the Qatar World Cup bid would have been above board. The Pope would have remained silent on child abuse. Tony Blair would be a good bloke who alerted the world to WMD and as for Jimmy Saville - a marvellous fund raising entertainer. OK, mum and dad didn’t lie to me when I asked about Father Christmas … but they did go quiet on me.

Surely you are not blaming Mr Duchatelet. With all due respect I think you are taking my comments a little toooo serious mentioning this in the same breath as above!!!
    Don't forget football is after all only a game.
  • Options
    Hi VFF...
    Whether the glass is half full or half empty it is still not totally full.

The difference is that the 'empty' brigade expect everything to get worse, and the'full brigade' see opportunities to improve, move forward, and reach for the stars. Negativity can damage, positivity brings hope, good spirit and can unite the situation. Am I sure ? Actually I'm positive
  • Options
    I am not smiley and happy clappy. I've read and appreciated the so called positive and negative comments. It has all left me feeling concerned and uncertain. Is that allowed?
  • Options
    @RichCawleySLP: Also a feature on the work going on at Valley - #cafc owner Roland Duchatelet spending in the region of £1million.

More positives from rd !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Surely you are not blaming Mr Duchatelet. With all due respect I think you are taking my comments a little toooo serious mentioning this in the same breath as above!!!
    Don't forget football is after all only a game.
    You’re absolutely right CW - I say those very words every time Charlton lose - it is only a game.

I wasn’t criticising RD - It was meant more as a ‘tongue in cheek’ swipe at the notion that you can’t even question the regime. I was merely trying to prove that sometimes good is borne out of challenging (or questioning) the accepted norm and that an open mind is better than a closed one.

On reflection the analogies I drew were OTT. Apologies for that.