Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travel to Rotherham - Saturday 20th September

Since the fixtures came out I’ve been waiting for trains to go on sale for this one. A mate has just booked returns via Doncaster for £18 each. There should be a good turn out due to us ground hoppers, if you are going then get on it now while it’s very cheap!

Comments

• is that wioth a railcard? i signed up to thetrainline for alerts when cheap tickets became available and received nothing! Thanks for the info.
  • Red Panda am very interested. Was this booked at any site or just through British Rail. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • No rail card although there may have been a reduction as we're a group of 4. Go on East Coast's site and there are single fares to/from Rotherham for £12 or Doncaster for £10.
  • cheers mate
  • Booked up. Thanks Red Panda. There's literally only a few really cheap ones left.
    I also signed up for the trainline alert and didn't get one.
  • It's infuriating as I checked when the fixtures came out and the earliest advance singles on the trainline were £9 eachway (Sheffield). Normally i'm not that arsed but i'm waiting for pay from a new job so I wanted to get stuck in as early as possible. Anyway cheers RedPanda, all aboard the Rotherham Express!!!
  • Let's hope it doesn't get moved for Sky.
  • Just booked too works out with booking fee for 5 people £140! saving £292!!!
  • edited July 2014
    Nice one Phil(Mr Panda).
    The best way is for a London to Doncaster return, 2 £10 singles then get a £6 South Yorkshire daytripper(this can be bought on the day). I have just booked on the 9.03 out and 19.37 back and they advised only two tickets left at these prices.
    If all else fails, East Midlands will release tickets later but you will probably be looking at about £35 return(before railcard discounts) via Sheffield
    Also, numerous trains from Doncaster to Rotherham
  • The one away game I wanted to do but far too busy at work that time of the year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just got a return from King's Cross to Rotherham (via Doncaster) for just over £20 on thetrainline.com. 12:03 out of KX, 17:39 back. That is with a railcard.

• Just got a return from King's Cross to Rotherham (via Doncaster) for just over £20 on thetrainline.com. 12:03 out of KX, 17:39 back. That is with a railcard.

Does anyone know if you can get over 48 railcards?
  • edited July 2014
    I have just been able to book a return to Doncaster on East Coast Trains for £16 return. Then I'll be following Elfsbourg's advice for the £6 Daytripper ticket.

I was able to do this as Time Out are running an offer on East Coast trains. Details are here and you need to book quickly.

http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/07/13/exclusive-east-coast-trains-discounts-via-time-out/

Out on the 10:30 and back on the 18:39. There was availability on the earlier train back as well but wasn't sure if this was cutting it fine if there was any delay at the game or the train from Rotherham to Donny.

Hope somebody else can make use of this deal.

1739 is a bit tight isn't it?

Just got a return from King's Cross to Rotherham (via Doncaster) for just over £20 on thetrainline.com. 12:03 out of KX, 17:39 back. That is with a railcard.

You can probably buy as many as you like as long as you have the wedge for them
  • Back from Med Cruise on the Friday then South Yorkshire on the Saturday. Going by car with moany old Golfie and his little 'un. New ground, looking forward to it already.
  • The station is next to the ground.
  • Fumbluff said:

Just got a return from King's Cross to Rotherham (via Doncaster) for just over £20 on thetrainline.com. 12:03 out of KX, 17:39 back. That is with a railcard.

1739 is a bit tight isn't it?

You can probably buy as many as you like as long as you have the wedge for them
    You'll never make a comedian dear boy.

There is a 17.05 after the game, this you can get but is a brisk walk allowing you ten minutes to get there.

There is a 17.05 after the game, this you can get but is a brisk walk allowing you ten minutes to get there.
    The 17.05 would be doable but tight in my view.I went there for a JPT game when I was doing the 92.

I would allow at least 10 minutes from the away end which is at the opposite side of the ground to the station. Millers fans would have a massive head start and it is a smallish station.

• Richard J said:

The station is next to the ground.

The 17.05 would be doable but tight in my view.I went there for a JPT game when I was doing the 92.

I would allow at least 10 minutes from the away end which is at the opposite side of the ground to the station. Millers fans would have a massive head start and it is a smallish station.

Yeah suppose your right there.
    I went to see them play Torquay the day after we lost to the feathered f******, and was in the home end.
    Having said that if we are losing by two goals just leave early!
  • Sponsored links:

• Eastcoast are doing a sale on tickets between now until 2nd September £8-00 single between Kings Cross & Doncaster on a few trains in either direction available.
  • clive said:

Eastcoast are doing a sale on tickets between now until 2nd September £8-00 single between Kings Cross & Doncaster on a few trains in either direction available.

I want a refund on the difference on my already purchased tickets.
  • Match tickets on sale 2 per S/T holder today. Just got 6.
  • clive said:

Eastcoast are doing a sale on tickets between now until 2nd September £8-00 single between Kings Cross & Doncaster on a few trains in either direction available.

how do you find this mate
  • cheers pal
  • cheers helped alot :)