Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ideas for a One Night Stay with the Missus

Hi Everyone, need help, thinking of taking the missus away in a few weeks for an overnight stay on a Saturday as we have had a poo few weeks recently.

Either a spa break or just a hotel stay. Kent or Sussex.

Cheers.

Comments

• Zanzibar St Leonards
    The whoda thought it, Maidstone way I think

get in
  • edited July 2014

Hi Everyone, need help, thinking of taking the missus away in a few weeks for an overnight stay on a Saturday as we have had a poo few weeks recently.

Either a spa break or just a hotel stay. Kent or Sussex.

Cheers.

Decent hotel/spa, Ashford International Hotel. Cab drive away from the station, nice spa, can get treatments etc. Near the shopping outlet and town centre for dinner and drinks too.

Went for a weekend a while back.
  • Take her up the Oxo tower
  • The penthouse room at Zanzibar is amazing but all rooms decent.
    One of the rooms at the whoda has a large steel Pole in the middle of the room, no idea what for though......................
  • Gumbo said:

Take her up the Oxo tower

I am not Alan McCormack haha
  • Buy a massive bottle of baby oil and book a hotel room with a queen size bed and order room service. Done!
  • Zanzibar St Leonards
    The whoda thought it, Maidstone way I think

get in

either of these were my first 2 thoughts, both amazing
  • Rowhill grange is pretty nice, i think they do spa/dinner/room packages too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rowhill Grange in Wilmington is quite nice. Hotel and a spa there
  • Me and the missus do a yearly trip to the races then onto a hotel after.

Last year we went to Sandown and stayed in Cobham. I know thats in Surrey, but a beautiful part of the South East.
  • Travelodge Woolwich
  • +1 for Rowhill Grange. I'm taking my wife there next weekend for her 40th. They've got various deals/packages available.
  • Take a look at the Millstream Hotel in Bosham near Chichester. It's in a lovely location near an inlet from the sea that is tidal, there are pleasant walks, a decent pub in the village and the hotel itself does good food and beer. Chichester is a nice city which is nearby.
  • I know it's not Kent or Sussex but I would recommend the Bath Spa Hotel
  • A great spa hotel is Pennyhill Park in Bagshot Surrey. A couple of notches above anything in Kent.
  • Cheers for this, appreciate it.

Travelodge Woolwich is the winner so far ;)
  • +1 for Rowhill Grange. I'm taking my wife there next weekend for her 40th. They've got various deals/packages available.

Alexander House is part of the same group and was very good - RH10 postcode
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a spa but heard only good reviews on the aspinall foundation safari experience at port lympne.
  • Yeah zanibar or hastings house down that way and as my old mate brunello says , pennyhill park is quality . Ashdown park hotel is lovely as well
  • Saw this gaff on 4 in a bed tv programme , looks interesting!

http://www.the-salutation.com/testimonials/
  • Cheers for this, appreciate it.

Travelodge Woolwich is the winner so far ;)

Ypu know it makes sense ;-)

• Rowhill Grange in Wilmington is quite nice. Hotel and a spa there

Booked my wife and a friend a weekend there a couple of years ago.
    They loved it. Me and the friends husband went for a beer and a curry.
    Perfect weekend.
  • Tunbridge Wells. Potter around the Pantiles and High Street - lots of cafes, bars and restaurants. Lots of good B&B's there - see Tripadvisor. If a spa is part of the weekend, there's a spa hotel (haven't stayed there) just outside of town.
  • If you have the budget for it (and can get booked up) the Eurostar to Paris and a hotel close to one of the landmarks make for a stunning weekend. Maybe even eat in the restaurant up the Eiffel Tower (there is a competitively priced one).

That way the two of you get a couple of hours to chat on the train both ways and good food and some spectacular sights.

It's also supposed to be one of the most romantic cities in the world.
  • The George at Rye is decent and 5 minutes from Camber Sands etc.

http://www.thegeorgeinrye.com/
  • Take her Bognor. Lovely place
  • Isn't the hotel the posh couple from goggle box own in Kent?
    You know, the ones that do wife swapping and dogging orgies.
    Apologies if already suggested.