Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luis Suarez Ban Overturned?

Sounds like Suarez might get his ban overturned

The CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport ) has said the Barcelona striker's four-month ban for biting could be repealed, although his international suspension would still stand

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2014/07/24/4980341/suarez-ban-to-be-reduced-by-cas?ICID=HP_BN_3

Comments

• Big club get decision overturned............Wow, never heard of that happening before.

Hope he eats Messi, that'll teach em........................
  • Not allowed to disadvantage Barca, that would be wrong, we all know the rules do not apply to them. Therefore it is only right the ban is overturned......what a load of rubbish if it happens.
  • Real Madrid play Barcelona on 26/10/2014.
    Suarez's ban is lifted on...26/10/2014.

You couldnt make it up!

(Disclaimer - have copied and pasted that from elsewhere so havent checked it for accuracy!)
  • edited July 2014
    That's why I loathe them so much. Big club, different treatment. Then when they break the rules (ie the Neymar fiasco) it's all a plot.
  • the thing is this has nothing to do with FIFA/UEFA its the CAS that have decided this, maybe if he was still a Liverpool player and they went to The CAS the result would of been the same
  • the thing is this has nothing to do with FIFA/UEFA its the CAS that have decided this, maybe if he was still a Liverpool player and they went to The CAS the result would of been the same

Could well have been - Liverpool are one of the big clubs.
  • before we go OTT what is that website and what evidence do they actually have?
  • Before the conspiracy theorists start - Real Madrid/Barca always play each other around that time of the season. It is deliberately set up so that they don't draw each other in the opening weeks.

Though its a little bit convenient, its unlikely Suarez will be ready for that game as he wouldn't have played any matches and wouldn't even be allowed to train with the first team until that day.
  • Which we could have used the court back in the day to scupper Mills festive holiday plans.
  • It's punishing Suarez. Barcelona are irrelevant. It should stand. Maybe his club will do more to stop him if they know they are missing out as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mixed news for Barcelona concerning their £75million signing from Liverpool, Luis Suarez. The striker's ban is upheld but we're hearing he can now train with the La Liga giants.

@SkySportsNewsHQ
    BREAKING NEWS: Luis Suarez four month ban has been upheld by Court of Arbitration for Sport.
  • Mixed news for Barcelona concerning their £75million signing from Liverpool, Luis Suarez. The striker's ban is upheld but we're hearing he can now train with the La Liga giants.

@SkySportsNewsHQ
    BREAKING NEWS: Luis Suarez four month ban has been upheld by Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Good. Thought it was a bit much preventing him from training with his teammates, but the length of the ban is perfectly just for a third offence of this nature.

@SkySportsNewsHQ

Glad they upheld the ban and do agree the no training thing was a bit OTT. Good decision.
  • edited August 2014
    Glad to see the tough stance has been kept. Too often that these types of decisions get overturmed or reduced to a lesser punishment. Of course if it had been CAFC appealing they would probably have added on another month for a frivolous appeal
  • Barcelona's £75million summer signing Luis Suarez could play in Monday's Joan Gamper Trophy friendly against Mexican club Leon at the Nou Camp - a match being shown live on Sky Sports 5 HD (coverage begins at 6.30pm).

@SkyAnton
    According to FIFA's own rules - Official matches are "not including friendly and trial matches". So Suarez should be free to play on Monday
  • Is this one of the very few times quite a lot of people have said FIFAs stance is too harsh?
  • Good decision. I'm very surprised. I was confident FIFA would back down.

• @SkyAnton
    According to FIFA's own rules - Official matches are "not including friendly and trial matches". So Suarez should be free to play on Monday

But I thought he was banned from any football activity?

• @SkyAnton

But I thought he was banned from any football activity?
    I think that part of the ban has been removed as he is also now allowed to train with his team
  • That is right - can practice biting them..

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• He is quoted on the BBC as saying "I feel like a footballer".

I hope he doesn't eat a whole one.