Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Searching for a book - long shot

Morning all.

Quick query and I realise the odds of CL coming up trumps are fairly astronomical (but I've got faith in you all), but I'm a Music student going into my final year of study at the University of Bristol. I'm gearing up to write a 10,000 word dissertation on the influence of the year 1959 in Jazz (and in particular in New York); to that end, I'm on the lookout for a book called Experimentalism Otherwise by Benjamin Piekut, which focuses on the avant-garde scene in 1964 New York. Is there anyone out there who can help me, or whose mate's sister's gardener's second cousin's ex-wife (or whatever) can help? Would be massively appreciated and obviously it'd be just a loan (for a fairly long period of time, admittedly); there'd definitely be a drink or something in it too.

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    Paddy - Available on Amazon for about 26 USD if you can't get one free from here.
  • Options
    Hi
    This book is available on amazon
  • Options
    Hmm.

Guess I probably shouldn't have searched solely for the hardback ISBN... Cheers guys.
  • Options
    Fair few copies on Ebay that work out just over £18
  • Options
    Several copies on Ebay. Cheapest £18.53 including postage from Norwich.
  • Options
    Hi Paddy,

Abebooks or amazon marketplace always the best place to start for secondhand copies.

Abebooks currently has it for 13.46 plus postage.

Or get yourself and inter library loan from the Bristol Uni library.
  • Options
    My ex - father in law is a well known jazz journalist and critic but I have no intention of contacting him.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

My ex - father in law is a well known jazz journalist and critic but I have no intention of contacting him.

What's his name? It might help paddy to contact him for an interview in order to get more material.

• Options
    Also, if anyone can help, I'm looking for Fly Fishing by J.R. Hartley...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rikofold said:

He's probably dead by now... :-)

• Options
    rikofold said:

£35 to you

• Options
    PL54 said:

Hmmm - Nice.