Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scarborough

As a day at the seaside Is aving it, lovely beach , clean sea, donkey rides,arcades,cracking ice cream,

Bit far for all of us on a day trip except the nthn lads, but seeing as we stayed up here for a couple of days , it's a definite returner the place and people are really great

Comments

• Robin hood bay is not too far from there, lovely place.
  • On the plan for today, after the boat trip rd the coast, nice weather up here got burnt yest and looks the same again today
  • Nice, have taken a couple of days off work and was due to be going down to Dymchurch for the day. Wife's come down with a bug so day in garden instead.

• Whitby, Sandsend and Staithes are all nearby and worth a trip.
  • Am thinking of buying a place in Scarborough. I usually stay at a friends place overlooking the bay. Going up there in September to watch the new Ayckbourn Play at the Stephen Joseph theatre. Great theatre in the round.

This all the way - I love Whitby, and stayed at Staithes for a weeks holiday once twenty odd years ago. Yorkshire is lovely.

Lovely hotel called Raithwaite Hall near Sandsend, handy for Whitby (I stayed there for the last away match at Middlesbrough.)

Agreed, with places like this who needs the hassle of going abroad.
    Great coastal walking from Filey to Saltburn. Did it all a few years ago as part of the Cleveland way.
  • In-laws live in Pickering, at the edge of the moors... Love it up there, beautiful...and all great beaches that you have mentioned...sadly I won't be up there this summer...I'll file a report at Christmas...can guarantee I won't be getting sun burnt...

Enjoy.
  • Helmsley is a top spot up there, for a pint or afternoon tea.

Love North Yorks Moors, gorgeous part of the world. Fish n Chips at Whitby on the beach outta the paper...
  • Sponsored links:

• Be a shame if you couldn't get to Whitby, cracking fish and chips and a few nice pubs too boot.
  • Whitby is the dogs b.........s.
    Enjoy your trip NLA.
  • This isn't your personal blog NLA
  • In-laws live in Pickering, at the edge of the moors... Love it up there, beautiful...and all great beaches that you have mentioned...sadly I won't be up there this summer...I'll file a report at Christmas...can guarantee I won't be getting sun burnt...

Enjoy.

My sister moved there a couple of years ago after 20 years in scarborough.
  • Agree with all this - Whitby, Helmsley, Robin Hood's Bay and the Cleveland Way - and no airports involved!
  • Says who col
  • Lovely place Scarborough.

One of my daughters was at university and lived there for four years.

Many years prior to that a friend lived on the Yorkshire moors in a little village called Goathland which subsequently became famous as "Aidensfield" in Heartbeat. I used to go with him to the Scarborough cricket festival when Kent were in it playing for the Fenner trophy in the early seventies.

Great days visiting Whitby and surrounding areas.
  • Says who col

Says I
  • That's OK then I thought it was the mods, I will carry on as per normal
  • Hemsley is a top spot up there, for a pint or afternoon tea.

Love North Yorks Moors, gorgeous part of the world. Fish n Chips at Whitby on the beach outta the paper...