Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**** The 2013/14 Annual Charlton Life Statbank ****

Unfortunately things have been a little difficult over the last couple of months, and certain things haven't progressed as planned. So apologies to anyone wanting / expecting this earlier, particularly Lancashire Lad as the delay was entirely down to me.

But the 2013/14 Statbank is now HERE!

What's more, its bigger than ever, See who won our Statbank Player of the Year amid 20 pages packed with Charlton stats, with a full breakdown of.....

Player ratings and performance, breakdown of the season, comparative Championship stats, attendances and Social Media.

So welcome to the FIFTH Annual Charlton Life Statbank.

Click HERE - or on the PDF below

Comments

• Great effort, I'm off for a dump!
  • Good read.
  • Thanks for the hard work that was put in to collate these statistics - interesting reading
  • Brilliant! Thanks for all the hard work put in. Sadly I love this stuff. Wouldn't mind helping out in future and if you've got this data all in spreadheets maybe producing a few graphs as I think they bring some of the stats to life.
  • The proof reader in me has to point out an error - sorry!

Evina is shown twice in the worst performances table against Brum (H), with scores of 3.00 and 3.79.

Fantastic effort all round though to pull this all together!

Well done!!!
  • edited July 2014
    A great read, I love statistics. Thanks for all the hard work putting it together.
    cafc-west said:

Brilliant! Thanks for all the hard work put in. Sadly I love this stuff. Wouldn't mind helping out in future and if you've got this data all in spreadheets maybe producing a few graphs as I think they bring some of the stats to life.

I would love pie charts! I'm a bit of a geek.
  • cheers cafc-west, that had been my intention for this one, but things just didn't go to plan. Will give you a shout going forwards.

Was the breakdown of the player marks across the season roughly what people were expecting, or do any surprise you ?
  • Church 24 attempts on target, 3 goals. Truly a sponge foot.
  • @AFKABartram‌ - thanks for all the hard work put into compiling this tome. Sad as I am it will be a good read when I come down for the Brentford match.
  • Sponsored links:

• @ExiledinManchester‌ its @lancashire lad‌ who deserves the bulk of the thanks, he does by far the majority of the stat compilation.
  • @lancashire lad‌ apologies for not recognising your contribution
  • Brilliant piece of work. I am always fascinated with the fact that there is this obsession with possession. It doesn't seem to matter much except, possibly, at the very highest level.
  • Great read, a few things that surprised me
    The fact that Cameron Stewart was so high up the list on marks
    Stephens having 36 shots of target
    The fact Morrison started 5 games more than any other player
    and that Jackson had 7 yellows

and Millwalls average attendance did make me laugh
  • surprised at Wigan's average attendance
  • @lancashire lad‌ apologies for not recognising your contribution

no problem EinM, but without the players marks given by you and many other Lifers the stats would be pointless (pun unintended)
  • Thank's for all the effort that has gone into this; much appreciated
  • Really interesting - thanks for pulling all that together
  • How on earth can Millwall have more Twitter followers than us?
  • How on earth can Millwall have more Twitter followers than us?

I believe you are allowed internet in jail these days...
  • Sponsored links:

• Great stuff!
  • Astonishingly good. Totally brilliant, the absolute most authoritative statistics of all.
  • no wins from any of our 4 games with highest possession... 2 wins from the 4 games with lowest possession. Shows how irrelevant possession statistics can be.

How on earth has it transpired that we had more shots per game on average this season than any of the previous 4. It felt like we had one attempt on goal per month last season.
  • Brilliant piece of work. I am always fascinated with the fact that there is this obsession with possession. It doesn't seem to matter much except, possibly, at the very highest level.

It can be an important aspect but like many stats taking it in isolation doesn't really show that much. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a rugby style territory stat added into the regular ones shown in football as it would compliment possession well.
  • Lancashire Lad. I don't know if you can or if you would be willing to but do you have the match by match data? Being the geek I am I wouldn't mind playing around with it myself. If you could share somehow that would be great.
  • colthe3rd said:

Lancashire Lad. I don't know if you can or if you would be willing to but do you have the match by match data? Being the geek I am I wouldn't mind playing around with it myself. If you could share somehow that would be great.

not sure what you are asking for Col but after every competitive game I publish a pdf of the stats for that match and the season so far under the title "Statbank"
  • I understand that but surely you have a central database or spreadsheet in which to produce the season's total stats that contains each games' results?
  • colthe3rd said:

I understand that but surely you have a central database or spreadsheet in which to produce the season's total stats that contains each games' results?

yes I do but the spreadsheets remain with me and are not for public consumption, as I have said the information from them is published on CL after each match
  • Fair enough