Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Birthday to you!

Charlton Life went live 8 years ago today in 2006!

Thanks to all who have made our little corner of the internet what it is.

@LoOkOuT & @AFKA_Bartram

Comments

• Greenie said:

Cake?

Good job Yaya Touré's not a member....

Many happy returns!
  • What came before Charlton Life? I remember the email ring thing but the last one I got was around 2003.
  • you do realise the countries GDP is down 1% because of this site.

Thanks for all your time, effort and money.
  • Just want to say thanks for running such a great site and taking time out of your own lives to ensure it's as good as it is . There will never be a better football forum so cheers.
  • edited August 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

What came before Charlton Life? I remember the email ring thing but the last one I got was around 2003.

Cafc-Fans which was replaced by Real-Cafc-Fans
    Addickted.net came in just before Charlton Life then got taken over by loads of spam-bots a few years later (around 2009 I think)
    Cafc-Babes
  • Wow amazing! Would also like to say thank you to both Afka and Lookout for this fantastic site, genuinely do not know what I would do without it some times, it's brilliant for all things including those non football related. Hands down the best fans forum on the net. Thanks again guys and many happy returns!
  • Ross said:

JiMMy 85 said:

What came before Charlton Life? I remember the email ring thing but the last one I got was around 2003.

Cafc-Fans which was replaced by Real-Cafc-Fans
    Addickted.net came in just before Charlton Life then got taken over by loads of spam-bots a few years later (around 2009 I think)
    Cafc-Babes
    Not forgetting Netaddicks where a lot of us previously resided.
  • I remember escaping the weird mess that Netaddicks had become and setting up camp here just a few months after CL had begun.

To see it grow from that into what it is now has been quite incredible. I can't believe that there are (m)any better football forums around in terms of content or community spirit.
  • Wow amazing! Would also like to say thank you to both Afka and Lookout for this fantastic site, genuinely do not know what I would do without it some times, it's brilliant for all things including those non football related. Hands down the best fans forum on the net. Thanks again guys and many happy returns!

Are you sure you're not the milkman's? :-) So unlike your father!

Seriously I agree with you 100%.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers to both of you.
  • Many thanks to you both and all Mods too, here's to another 8 years!
  • thank you everyone
  • JiMMy 85 said:

BBC 606 pages
  • Charlton life BC - "before curbs" (departure)

:)

Been a member since 2007 but only really started using it in last 2/3 years.

Its great.
  • I can't speak for all exiles but I know I wouldn't feel as connected to the club as I do if it wasn't for Charlton Life keeping me updated on what's going on so in that respect it's invaluable to me. Thanks for all you do and here's to many more years of japery and shenanigans :-)
  • I had never been on an internet geek site before and this is where I lost my virginity and have stayed loyal ever since
    Although I've had a few flirtations with an away fans forum but Charlotn Life is very understanding of me straying in that direction
    Happy birthday and thanks to lookie and Afka and every fruit on here
  • Happy Birthday!
  • Happy birthday and from this Addick, many thanks for an invaluable service.

Quite simply the best football forum there is.
  • Hate it. That's why I am never on here!

Happy birthday
  • Sponsored links:

• I was on the Glynne Jones email list for forever back in the day...
  • There's a real community feel to this site.
    It's great - well done and congratulations.

After 606 changed it's original format I tried to stay loyal to CAFCBabes, until I started to feel like Billy-no-mates as everyone deserted.
    This feels like home now
  • Is there not a bit of room for nostalgia? - how about posting the link for the original thread?
  • Is there not a bit of room for nostalgia? - how about posting the link for the original thread?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussions/p1159

first page, not first thread.

Still have my Charlton Life badge

Have I every told you the story of when I introduced this guy with an idea for a fanzine and a guy with an idea for a website and suggested they they could be the Elton John and Bernie Taupin of Charlton? No? Never?

Well it went like this.... (DELETED BY ADMIN)
  • I can't believe Henry hasn't been banned in those eight years.
  • I had never been on an internet geek site before and this is where I lost my virginity and have stayed loyal ever since
    Although I've had a few flirtations with an away fans forum but Charlotn Life is very understanding of me straying in that direction
    Happy birthday and thanks to lookie and Afka and every fruit on here

Only a few flirtations away oohaah....and yet you bang on at the rest of us who only manage a few ourselves!!!!

;-)

Happy Birthday guys. Don't know what I'd do without you. The boss suggests work, but that's just being silly!!!
  • Not a patch on Into The Valley. ;-)

HB CL!
  • A la Bella Emberg , I'd just like to say " I love you all !"
  • Happy Birthday, best Football site by a mile.
  • Frankie Valley