Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Morrison

I gather Morrison was not on the bench today. Is he injured or fallen out of the reckoning?

Comments

• Options
    Injured
  • Options
    He fell off the bench and got injured I reckon
  • Options
    He has splinters.
  • Options
    Off to Tours...
  • Options
    Think Gomez simply offers a bit more versatility and with his good performance on Tuesday got the shout over Morro
  • Options
    He will still have a role to play. I think he has been unlucky that Bikey and Ben Haim have performed with distinction so far this season. For the past couple of years he has been one of the first names on the team sheet. Just goes to show how much stronger the team is this season. I hope he plays against Derby in the week and shows Big Bob that he's ready for when he's called upon in the league games. He's not used to playing second fiddle. Been a very consistent performer but he must be gutted after signing his new contract. But that's football.
  • Options
    So he is not injured ,then?
  • Options
    Fox and Gomez can play centre
  • Options
    Early days, in what is a marathon league. Morro will have a significant role for us this season, I'm sure.
  • Options
    As the season goes on he will get a chance because of injuries, suspensions, loss of form etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Its reassuring knowing we have someone of Morrison's ability and commitment waiting for a chance to prove himself all over again to another manager. It must be frustrating for Morrison but from a manager's and a fan's perspective it's a great situation to be in.
  • Options
    Never been a fan of him, too nervous on the ball and isn't strong enough, when he played in the COC he looked tiny compared to the other defenders, glad we got 2 quality cb's ahead of him and Gomez too
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Never been a fan of him, too nervous on the ball and isn't strong enough, when he played in the COC he looked tiny compared to the other defenders, glad we got 2 quality cb's ahead of him and Gomez too

I am a fan of his on the defensive side, but agree that he is very limited when on the ball. He is a long ball defender rather than having the ability to play out from the back.

That said though, over the last couple of years we have been very limited as a team and the only player that we could trust to hold onto the ball was Yann, therefore he was always the target for everyone. Now we have Buyans in the middle, Cousins is a year older and we have the outlet of JBG we may see a different player on the ball as he has more trust in the players around him
  • Options
    For the past 3 seasons our defense has been solid, Morro has been at the heart of that despite multiple keepers behind him, Solly and Wiggins fitness worries and a different centre back alongside him.

Morro will get his chance this season.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with morrison andvin ability as a defender, nor as a footballer has not let us down since he came one of my fave signings of the recent past
  • Options
    Morro is a good centre half who will come back in to the side at some point. Long old season
  • Options
    If Morro is fit, we may well see him back in the starting line up in Derby tomorrow evening.
  • Options

Nothing wrong with morrison andvin ability as a defender, nor as a footballer has not let us down since he came one of my fave signings of the recent past

This all day long. I am not sold on new centre backs I think Morrison is quality and our defence is what was good. I don't see our defence as improved now and we have conceded in every league game.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

This all day long. I am not sold on new centre backs I think Morrison is quality and our defence is what was good. I don't see our defence as improved now and we have conceded in every league game.
    From the three games I have seen I would say the current defensive pairing is better both defensively and offensively. Morrison is a good old fashioned defensive centre half but lacks footballing ability. However, he will have opportunities to play and win back the shirt. the good thing is we have strong competition for some key places.
  • Options
    I'm sure he'll be in the starting eleven on Saturday, along with Andy Delort...,