Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Apostrophes

Tricky buggers, aren't they?

Comments

• I've given up worrying about what other people do with them, but I'll always try to get them right myself.
  • Innit'!
  • edited August 2014
    Was he the bloke that shouted Eureka or the one who witnessed the eruption at Pompeii?
  • Your not wrong
  • Your not wrong

That's not an apostrophe issue. It's just the wrong word.
  • Rizzo said:

Your not wrong

Damn, youre right. Serves me write for tying too be clever before the first coffee of the day.
  • Rizzo said:

Your not wrong

Damn, youre right. Serves me write for tying too be clever before the first coffee of the day.
    And it's "its"
  • Sponsored links:

• Rizzo said:

Your not wrong

And it's "its"
    I'm guessing he knew that. He was educated in the 1960's I expect.
  • cafcfan said:

Rizzo said:

Your not wrong

And it's "its"
    1960s, or did I just whoosh?
  • Greenie said:

Didn't Jesus have 12 of them?

Philistine :-)
  • Rizzo said:

Your not wrong

And it's "its"
    I believe it's requires an apostrophe when being short for it is but not when the meaning is possessive. So it's it's. Perhaps I'm wrong and its its. Tits on the other hand requires no apostrophe.
  • RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

theyve just had a ceasefire with Israel

• edited August 2014
    lolwray said:

RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

Now do I risk a whoosh?............ Yes, faint heart and all that 'They've just had a ceasefire with Israel' :-)
  • Apostrophes are very useful, as the people who send spam email and virus attachments 'from your bank' seem incapable of using them correctly, thus making them easy to spot!
  • RedChaser said:

lolwray said:

RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

Now do I risk a whoosh?............ Yes, faint heart and all that 'They've just had a ceasefire with Israel' :-)
    Whoooosh! ;o)
  • RedChaser said:

lolwray said:

RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

Whoooosh! ;o)
    Cheers Brendan :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Lot's of woosh's on this thread.
  • Who's he signing from?
  • I'll admit I'm a bit of a grammar and spelling nazi. Not silly individual mistakes, but it does irritate me when people obviously don't bother to try throughout a paragraph or throughout their life. I do get confused about putting apostrophes at the end of a word though.
  • Uboat said:

cafcfan said:

Rizzo said:

Your not wrong

And it's "its"
    1960s, or did I just whoosh?
    Big time!
  • I need apostrophes in my life, otherwise my last name becomes Death.
  • I thought I would try to get a definitive answer from our friendly rivals down the road so posted this on Spanner Online. Just got a four letter reply back beginning with C and ending with T...
  • I thought I would try to get a definitive answer from our friendly rivals down the road so posted this on Spanner Online. Just got a four letter reply back beginning with C and ending with T...

Can't?

• My team's colour is red uses an ' instead of writing "My team, its colour is red". All my teams' colour is red is instead of writing "All my teams, their colour is red". Why not their colours are red? - even more confusing.
  • edited August 2014
    There's only one red, Dippy.

Allez Les Rouges!
  • Oggy Red said:

There's only one red, Dippy.

Allez Les Rouges!

rouches