Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BP disappointed to miss out on Delort

Comments

• So you're telling me....
  • He is still not saying whether there will be any more signings, but he obviously would like a striker instead of Delort
  • Bob looks like he's squeezing out a difficult fart in that pic.
  • Sorry but we definitely need another striker. Church and Piggy are not the answer. Actually the only sub I disagreed with today should have been Moussa not Church.
  • Sorry but we definitely need another striker. Church and Piggy are not the answer. Actually the only sub I disagreed with today should have been Moussa not Church.

According to people on here who were there, Church had a good game with an assist to his name. If you were there, do you think Moussa could do more and what. Interested in your opinion
  • I am sure RD and BP would have other players in mind in case Delort went elsewhere, just hope they have time to get them in
  • ross1 said:

Sorry but we definitely need another striker. Church and Piggy are not the answer. Actually the only sub I disagreed with today should have been Moussa not Church.

According to people on here who were there, Church had a good game with an assist to his name. If you were there, do you think Moussa could do more and what. Interested in your opinion
    Funny because although he had an assist, and I was there, I thought he looked disinterested and didn't bother to do much chasing around, closing down etc. and from what I've seen of Moussa I'd prefer him over Church. In fact, I'd have preferred us to go 4-5-1 with Igor up top on his own with Moussa in the hole. Only my opinion of course.

• edited August 2014
    Lack of closing down looks like an instruction to me. It was the same in the home games. We've let teams pass it around at the back and rarely closed down the goalkeeper. Saving energy and keeping shape over chasing players in no position to threaten our goal I guess. We've seen Church charge around after lost causes game after game to little effect, I'm sure he'd do that if that's what the manager wanted.
  • Sponsored links:

• I feel like we are being ridiculously harsh right now on church, he has barely played, scored a goal, got an assist and been a nuisance to Brighton today. He has had a decent season so far and maybe if he is given more of a chance when vetokele is rested, he may shine and show that last season was a blip

Well said that man.
  • I feel like we are being ridiculously harsh right now on church, he has barely played, scored a goal, got an assist and been a nuisance to Brighton today. He has had a decent season so far and maybe if he is given more of a chance when vetokele is rested, he may shine and show that last season was a blip

Well said that man.
    I think that we are not playing hoof ball and have a midfield that can pass forwards will be much better suited to his game.
  • Last season was a big blip for the club and could of been far worse.
    We are becoming a passing team and a couple of goals can work wonders for a forwards confidence I say everyone starts with a clean slate and lets give him a chance and the end of the day he is a Charlton player.

Well said that man.
    Agreed based on what I saw today. Felt he could have run a bit more though when we needed to pressurise their back four more
  • Scoham said:

Lack of closing down looks like an instruction to me. It was the same in the home games. We've let teams pass it around at the back and rarely closed down the goalkeeper. Saving energy and keeping shape over chasing players in no position to threaten our goal I guess. We've seen Church charge around after lost causes game after game to little effect, I'm sure he'd do that if that's what the manager wanted.

That's how I'd summarise our tactics, Scoham. And on the whole, it's worked thus far. Conservation of energy , channelling said energy into positive play & less "headless chicken" running sounds like a decent plan to me.

I don't "do" stats. So when they "show" that the opposition had a higher percentage of possession, more shots on goal etc etc, it really doesn't bother me. Surely it's what teams DO with the ball once in possession that counts and the team that scores more goals wins the game, however many shots have been made.

As regards to AD ( who? ) doesn't the article state that he was introduced to Wigan fans as a player "likely" to sign for their Club , or has there been confirmation now ? Maybe this could be another of Daddy Delort's little games ? What fun it would be if Delort Jnr decided he'd rather ply his trade in SE7 & we see him unveiled at SL on Monday ?

Any ideas as to the look we'd see on that lovely Uwe's face ?

• I have not bothered with the main Delort thread but I presume I am correct in saying that Wigan have offered him a shitload of cash more than we have?

This is the problem with these stories being in the press, it alerts other clubs and you get a bidding war and that is bad for us at this level.
  • Scoham said:

Agreed, Scoham. Seems instructions are to allow opposition CBs to have the ball in their half, particularly away from home. At The Valley we seem to allow less time and space to the opposition. People were getting frustrated with Church today for allowing the CBs space but if it is an instruction form the manager then so be it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have not bothered with the main Delort thread but I presume I am correct in saying that Wigan have offered him a shitload of cash more than we have?

This is the problem with these stories being in the press, it alerts other clubs and you get a bidding war and that is bad for us at this level.

His old man had said that Wigan offered 30% more a week than we did...
  • TravHouse said:

I have not bothered with the main Delort thread but I presume I am correct in saying that Wigan have offered him a shitload of cash more than we have?

Right, thanks.
  • TravHouse said:

I have not bothered with the main Delort thread but I presume I am correct in saying that Wigan have offered him a shitload of cash more than we have?

I guess another problem would be that if we brought Delort in on top dollar then the likes of Igor would - quite rightly - start asking why they can't have a bit of the same?

Dangerous game to play if you go down that track.
  • Scoham said:

Agreed, Scoham. Seems instructions are to allow opposition CBs to have the ball in their half, particularly away from home. At The Valley we seem to allow less time and space to the opposition. People were getting frustrated with Church today for allowing the CBs space but if it is an instruction form the manager then so be it.
    It's probably a lot to do with Big Bob's European style - English teams/fans seem a lot more satisfied with effort over quality than you'd get in other leagues it seems to me. Church did a lot of chasing defenders/keepers last season to no great effect - under new instructions it sounds like he made a difference even if he's still not a goal machine himself. One game is not enough to judge by but if Peeters can make Church effective then he deserves a lot of credit!
  • Scoham said:

It's probably a lot to do with Big Bob's European style - English teams/fans seem a lot more satisfied with effort over quality than you'd get in other leagues it seems to me. Church did a lot of chasing defenders/keepers last season to no great effect - under new instructions it sounds like he made a difference even if he's still not a goal machine himself. One game is not enough to judge by but if Peeters can make Church effective then he deserves a lot of credit!
  • Just want to post my last comment to any of the threads I've wasted my time on by telling the Tool from Tours to…

F*CK OFF!
  • One upside from this - at least 100 threads on this forum will now grind to a halt... ;-)
  • uie2 said:

hmm football league show saying tours owner says delort till yet to diside who he is signing for !

Lol what the actual fuck is going on here??!! Just bout to watch the footie league show but the link says Wigan presented him on the pitch.