Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Free (ti)Bets!

How do they work exactly? Say if I put on a crazy acca with odds of 75000/1 and it miraculously comes in, is that money then mine, or do you have to re bet it or claim it in more bets etc etc? This is with Paddy Power by the way

Thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• They are different mate. Some do it that you get a free bet and you only take the profit (not the profit and stake) or you have to work through 3 times the original stake (this is usually the case on matched bets)

Should say on the T&Cs.
  • Not sure if it's the same, but the £5 free bet I received from Paddy Power yesterday I could only place on a single - ruling out the possibility of a ridiculously long accumulator (although this may have been because I placed it on my phone). I don't believe I have to play through it a certain amount of times though, just keep the profit (as ValleyGary suggests).
  • edited August 2014
    If you put £5 on an acca at odds of 7500/1, and the bookie asks that you roll over the bet 3x, I wouldn't worry too much. You would just have to bet £15 of the £22,500 you just won.

But most sites work like ValleyGary explained, just keep the profit and you don't get your stake back. I.e:

£5 (your money) @3/1 returns £20
    £5 (free bet) @3/1 returns £15

• But most sites work like ValleyGary explained, just keep the profit and you don't get your stake back. I.e:

£5 (your money) @3/1 returns £20
    £5 (free bet) @3/1 returns £15

Or more frequently:
    £5 (free bet) lose nothing.
    £5 (your money) lose £5. :-)
  • Ahh fair enough guys, just looking through accounts and had a tenner in free bets, done a sensible acca for a couple of quid and Vetokele to score in a Charlton win 9/1 with the rest