Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Troy Deeney chants...

2»

Comments

• Options

Kipper23 said:

He dealt with it really well tbf. Chants of she said no Deeney, but those participating in East Stand couldnt tell their arse from their elbow quite frankly. As someone said, chants of 'you fat bastard' met with him lifting his shirt to reveal that indeed he was not said fat bastard.

Although I don't participate in those type of chants, having a player lift his shirt to the crowd when he should be concentrating on the game is the very point of singing those chants.
    banter
  • Options

Kipper23 said:

He dealt with it really well tbf. Chants of she said no Deeney, but those participating in East Stand couldnt tell their arse from their elbow quite frankly. As someone said, chants of 'you fat bastard' met with him lifting his shirt to reveal that indeed he was not said fat bastard.

Although I don't participate in those type of chants, having a player lift his shirt to the crowd when he should be concentrating on the game is the very point of singing those chants.
    Except, you're missing the point that it was during a break in the game...................
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

LuckyReds said:

Kipper23 said:

I was sitting in row E directly in front of him during that exchange, and I thought he was absolutely brilliant.

When some of the comments were first made he just turned around and kept winking, which seemed to attract more shouting - which included the "you fat bastard" chant. So he began counting to six with his fingers before lifting his shirt to reveal his abs. Seems like a decent enough bloke, was quite surprised when I read he did time for affray.

As for the away fans, they began chanting something about northerners(?!) back in response. (Just seen a Watford fan say they were chanting "Deeney says you're a c**t.")

(There were a couple of utter bellends in the away stand towards the East, one in particular, who was trying to be a tough guy and peculiarly ended up moving to be with a group of other men - before hiding behind a rather rotund one who had a penchant for doing a cut throat gesture. Most amusing bit was when they hadn't realised the linesman had flagged their goal as offside and they were still giving it the big 'un to us..)
    The offside call was a terrifying moment for me sitting in the east. I was 99% sure the ref had blew his whistle in the runup and I could see the flag up so I stood up and started clapping and cheering as soon as the ball went in the net... I was the only person around me who realised it was disallowed... I think a lot of people thought I was a Watford fan until it became clear it hadn't been given haha.
    Haha, I did the same. As soon as I saw the flag go up I started cheering (alone). When the ball was played across and hit the post I was screaming "please go in, please score". Went mad when he tapped it in. I do love seeing the offside flag before they score a goal and see the fans celebrate.

Did anyone else see their keeper go crazy when it went in. He must have run about 40 yards with his hands in the air before noticing it had been ruled out.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Kipper23 said:

I was sitting in row E directly in front of him during that exchange, and I thought he was absolutely brilliant.

When some of the comments were first made he just turned around and kept winking, which seemed to attract more shouting - which included the "you fat bastard" chant. So he began counting to six with his fingers before lifting his shirt to reveal his abs. Seems like a decent enough bloke, was quite surprised when I read he did time for affray.

As for the away fans, they began chanting something about northerners(?!) back in response. (Just seen a Watford fan say they were chanting "Deeney says you're a c**t.")

(There were a couple of utter bellends in the away stand towards the East, one in particular, who was trying to be a tough guy and peculiarly ended up moving to be with a group of other men - before hiding behind a rather rotund one who had a penchant for doing a cut throat gesture. Most amusing bit was when they hadn't realised the linesman had flagged their goal as offside and they were still giving it the big 'un to us..)
    The bloke doing the cut-throat gestures went to tell one of the stewards after we'd scored that a couple of kids were giving him the w*nker signs, who then went into the A block to tell them to stop. He then proceeded to to do that all game. What a pathetic excuse of a fella he was. When they scored it was brilliant to see them all go mental, one bald fella absolutely stack it over 2 rows in his haste to give it to the East Stand.
  • Options
    The Watford fans where a weird bunch. First half there was a bald bloke and women if you can call her that who spent the whole of the first half pointing and doing some weird faces that can only be described as needing a poo face. Did not see them the second half so not sure if they got moved.
  • Options
    I must say that the stewards were great on Saturday, they did come into the East stand but just had a brief chat with a few blokes. There was no heavy-handed stuff at all and it all ended up being sorted in a very grown up way. I must say that Watford did have there fair share of middle aged, Danny Dyer types who kept inviting our fans for a fight...
  • Options
    I wouldn't call the chants embarrassing etc, just strange considering he has not been done for rape! He didn't score anyway that was my only concern!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

LuckyReds said:

Kipper23 said:

The offside call was a terrifying moment for me sitting in the east. I was 99% sure the ref had blew his whistle in the runup and I could see the flag up so I stood up and started clapping and cheering as soon as the ball went in the net... I was the only person around me who realised it was disallowed... I think a lot of people thought I was a Watford fan until it became clear it hadn't been given haha.
    Love it. It's almost better than a goal, especially as their whole stand went up for a good few seconds.
  • Options
    Strange as our defenders stopped as soon as the flag went up. No one even tried to block Deeney's effort.
  • Options
    This was embarrassing. I friend of mine is a Watford fan and when I met him after the game I asked why the Charlton fans were singing it. He just looked completely bemused.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This was embarrassing. I friend of mine is a Watford fan and when I met him after the game I asked why the Charlton fans were singing it. He just looked completely bemused.

Did you ask him why they sung "your ground's to big for you" when they only have three sides?? ;o)
  • Options

Did you ask him why they sung "your ground's to big for you" when they only have three sides?? ;o)
    I did, he pointed out to me that their fourth stand partially opens next Saturday.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

I did, he pointed out to me that their fourth stand partially opens next Saturday.
    I would also suggest that it is hardly the Allianz Arena either...

• Options
    They've built half a stand? Whats the point of that?!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    As I understand it the other bit is getting built now (it contained the old changing rooms). It is a f*cking beauty though, very, er, Watford!
  • Options
    Deeney is by far and away the best forward in the division. I believe he turned down Leicester to repay Watford's loyalty towards him. Fair play if true. Would love him at Charlton but the fee would be too high. So Danny graham it is ???
  • Options
    god, their ground is awful.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

They've built half a stand? Whats the point of that?!

Wasnt the stand there before only half a stand? really strange.
  • Options

Kipper23 said:

Except, you're missing the point that it was during a break in the game...................
    So his mind should have been on the game, what he could be doing tactically the rest of the game and how to optimise his performance.

Instead he was dicking about. This might be something to revisit at the end of the season, should Watford miss out on promotion by a point or two, or even better; Charlton make the playoffs by a point.
    Playing to a crowd is part of the game. You see it as pointless and a distraction but a certain type of player thrives on it. Part of the game from a Crowd of 50 to 50,000. You cant quantify the effect but it is part of the job. Deeney clearly thrives on it.