Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackburn Away 20th Dec

Looking at booking train tickets up for this but prices coming in at £80 for a return.

Anyone got anything cheaper or have i peaked to soon and need to hold off a few more days for prices to come down?

Comments

• Cheaper advance tickets are not on sale yet possibly on sale later this week.
  • edited September 2014
    clive said:

Cheaper advance tickets are not on sale yet possibly on sale later this week.

Cheers Clive. Will keep checking. I think this will rival Mbro as our lowest away numbers of the season.
  • Heard Valley Gold are treating all their members to 4 tickets each.
  • Do you think they'll give us the whole end and both tiers?
  • I just hope no one sits in my allocated seat.
  • Any spares knocking about ?
  • just been on virgin trains website, looks like they'll be on sale end of the week, around £25-£30 return to Manchester Piccadilly (adult no railcard)
  • just been on virgin trains website, looks like they'll be on sale end of the week, around £25-£30 return to Manchester Piccadilly (adult no railcard)

Cheers. Never been before is it better to go via Manchester or Preston?

Makes no difference look for the cheaper fare,sometimes i go up via Manchester and back via Preston.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd guess 190 travelling fans. 250 if we're top 6 at the time.
  • I went Bolton away the weekend before Xmas last year and don't think we had more than 150 there. I would Imagine the same this year.
  • Blackburn is even less appealing than Bolton IMO. 150 max, 50 extra if we're still around the play offs.
  • You can do it for £32 taking the 7,35 from Euston with changes at Stockport and Salford arriving at 11.30. Return Jouney on the 17.31 or 18.31 with only one change at Preston. If you want to take a later outbound train the price rises to £58.60.
  • Dansk_Red said:

You can do it for £32 taking the 7,35 from Euston with changes at Stockport and Salford arriving at 11.30. Return Jouney on the 17.31 or 18.31 with only one change at Preston. If you want to take a later outbound train the price rises to £58.60.

Cheers, might get on that now.
  • Been Blackburn last 2 times we've played there, absolute hole of an area certainly wont be rushing back, plus its a bit of a nightmare with trains and with it being xmas I think ill stay well clear.
  • edited September 2014

just been on virgin trains website, looks like they'll be on sale end of the week, around £25-£30 return to Manchester Piccadilly (adult no railcard)

Cannot see many being there, I blame the Saturday before xmas for this!
  • Is this 12 weeks away ?
  • For the few that will be going I reckon that there will be not too many outward tickets being released at £16.

On the last Saturday before xmas there could be a limited amount being released due to demand of families travelling home for the festive period.
  • Sponsored links:

• For the few that will be going I reckon that there will be not too many outward tickets being released at £16.

On the last Saturday before xmas there could be a limited amount being released due to demand of families travelling home for the festive period.

There is also an 8.43 from Euston should you book a London to Preston return, this works out at £29 return before any railcard discounts. Is about £6 return for the leg to Blackburn.
  • edited December 2014
    If anybody has a spare train ticket going I am very interested.

I have my wife's brasilian cousin over here on holiday who wants to come along, then go back home and start a supporters club over there.
  • edited December 2014

I have my wife's brasilian cousin over here on holiday who wants to come along, then go back home and start a supporters club over there.

I'm tempted to ask but I'm not going to be that personal. :-0 sorry can't help on the train ticket.
  • RedChaser said:

I'm tempted to ask but I'm not going to be that personal. :-0 sorry can't help on the train ticket.
    You give me the train ticket and I'll give you the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!