Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesbrough advance purchase train tickets

This is going to be expensive.

East Coast have released tickets and the cheapest will cost £54 return before any railcard discounts.

However, there is an 8.11 to York and a 19.02 back from York at £27.20 return, after this a return from York to Middlesbrough costs £13, this can be booked on the day. Both prices are before a railcard discount

Comments

• Getting on this now as will get ridiculous in a few weeks, cheers!
  • Getting on this now as will get ridiculous in a few weeks, cheers!

You MUST get the 17.26 back from Middlesbrough, no other train as the York to Middlesbrough portion does not allow you to travel via Darlington
  • booked, thanks - i've no desire to spend any additional time in Middlesbrough so this is ideal for me.
  • Done it twice. Never again. Awful journey, even from Newcastle!!!

Plus that was Thurams debut. Still gives me nightmares
  • How far is the ground from the station?
  • About 10-15 min walk
  • Maybe tad longer
  • centurion said:

How far is the ground from the station?

You'll comfortably get the 17.26 but it is a brisk 15 minutes from the train station. Under the railway bridge, take the next right then carry on walking.
  • Okay, I got an open return from Forest on 6 December so if go to Boro I might do the same - but might be more expensive.
  • centurion said:

Okay, I got an open return from Forest on 6 December so if go to Boro I might do the same - but might be more expensive.

An open return will cost you something in the region of £100, of that I can promise you
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah it was 50 something to Nottingham. As it is now a return with set times to Boro is 56 quid.
  • centurion said:

Yeah it was 50 something to Nottingham. As it is now a return with set times to Boro is 56 quid.

Go on the national rail enquiries site and key in the 7th Feb and you will get an idea, and then have a rethink about booking now!
  • One more question - why does the return have to be through Darlington? Or does it?
  • Ignore that - I get it now.
  • Just booked a return for 58 quid - as cheap as Nottingham.
  • In fact a train journey to Middlesbrough costs the same as an away ticket for Forest.
  • centurion said:

In fact a train journey to Middlesbrough costs the same as an away ticket for Forest.

Ticket for Forest is £28 for an adult, bit confused.
  • I bought 2 singles to Boro, about 28 each - so it's same as one way
  • _nam11 said:

Thought that was Wigan?
  • Addickted said:

_nam11 said:

Thought that was Wigan?
    Definitely Boro, the day before I got back from Brasil and was a bit jet lagged up at The Riverside. The f***** certainly woke me up with his performance there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was chatting a guy I used to work with who is from Middlesbrough and he reckons the station is a good half hour walk considering the size of the after match crowd and traffic and so on. I got lost in the dark at Reading and Forest so bringing a torch to this one and a map!
  • centurion said:

Was chatting a guy I used to work with who is from Middlesbrough and he reckons the station is a good half hour walk considering the size of the after match crowd and traffic and so on. I got lost in the dark at Reading and Forest so bringing a torch to this one and a map!

Not thinking of doing a walkers guide to football grounds for the next book are you? :-)
  • Now there's an idea!
  • centurion said:

Was chatting a guy I used to work with who is from Middlesbrough and he reckons the station is a good half hour walk considering the size of the after match crowd and traffic and so on. I got lost in the dark at Reading and Forest so bringing a torch to this one and a map!

Casual 20 minutes, never 30 minutes...............even when I've been drunk!
  • Sorry to post on here but do you know when the Blackpool cheap train tickets are likely to go on sale?
  • Sorry to post on here but do you know when the Blackpool cheap train tickets are likely to go on sale?

Reckon in the next two weeks.
  • must be mad am considering booking this up.
  • Saint Patrick's night in Blackpool! Sounds good. If only it wasn't a Tuesday.
  • edited January 2015
    East Coast trains are doing special deals if you buy tickets before 9th Jan midnight you may make big savings on the Middlesbrough trip.
  • East coast trains are doing special deals if you purchase tickets before 9th Jan Midnight you make big savings on the Middlesbrough trip.