Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fire destroys the one building blocking Tottenham's redevelopment of White Hart Lane.

Wouldn't normally post something from the Mail but this caught my attention.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2848532/Fire-rips-business-blocking-building-Tottenham-s-100m-new-ground-White-Hart-Lane.html

As you will see, a huge fire has ripped through the one remaining business blocking the building of Tottenham's new ground next to White Hart Lane.

Hmm.

(PS Careful what you say!)

Comments

• Police suspect Arsene.

Actually anyone from Arsenal would probably be trying to put the fire out (with red wine?) seeing that that business is the one holding up the new Spurs ground!
  • Police suspect Arsene.

Actually anyone from Arsenal would probably be trying to put the fire out (with red wine?) seeing that that business is the one holding up the new Spurs ground!
    It was a crap joke, thats the reason for the gif. Give me a break mate!!
    Actually it was a bloody good joke, Made me chuckle out loud!
  • Police suspect Arsene.

Actually it was a bloody good joke, Made me chuckle out loud!
    This - I relayed the story and nicked the joke twice within a minute... didnt even use the gif... its how ya tell em!
  • that's convenient then !!
  • When's the fire next Sunday?
  • edited November 2014
    Blimey, am surprised it took until lunchtime for someone to mention it :)

All very suspicious from whatever side you look at it given the circumstances.

Could it be a mentally deranged Spurs fan?
    Or could it be Archway themselves, looking for an insurance payout given they could possibly lose their High Court appeal over the CPO and have costs awarded against them?

If it is Arsene arson, then they'll be plenty of CCTV footage available, given the close promixity to WHL.

Oooh, dont you just love a conspiracy theory...

Dave Whelan blamed it on Jewish Lightning

I reckon it was Alfie Moon!
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:

Blimey, am surprised it took until lunchtime for someone to mention it :)

Or could it be Archway themselves, looking for an insurance payout given they could possibly lose their High Court appeal over the CPO and have costs awarded against them?

They'd get more money from the CPO compensation than from the insurance.

• Spooky eh? What are the chances of that?

Not even enough doubt to start a conspiracy theory...
  • Police suspect Arsene.

No, because you missed the Arson Wenger joke :-)
  • How very convenient.
  • Police confirm treating fire as suspicious,
  • Tottenham got planning permission off Haringey Council tonight: http://www.thetottenhamindependent.co.uk/news/14150286.Spurs_gain_planning_permission_for_new_stadium/
    Among the proposals were a 61,000-seater stadium, an extreme sports centre that could be up to 51ft tall, a 22-storey hotel, 585 houses – none designated as affordable – and a “Tottenham Experience”. This includes a club shop, the ticket office, a cinema, museum, and reception for the “Sky Walk” which will allow people to walk on the stadium roof.
    Still needs to go through the mayor's office - usually a formality under Johnson, though City Hall objected to the demolition of listed buildings on this one.
  • It's a bit like all the closed down pubs, that when an application for change of use gets declined, shortly afterwards go in flames.
  • I can't see a 22 storey hotel in Tottenham being full very often - it's a horrible part of London.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

I can't see a 22 storey hotel in Tottenham being full very often - it's a horrible part of London.

Will no doubt be gentrified in next couple of years amd re branded as Totham by Lea quarter and become a mecca for tossers who use children's scooters to get to work at third rate media companies wearing their "ironic" t shirts and girlfriend's leggings. See Shoreditch, clerkenwell and London bridge end of Bermondsey as a forebearer.
    Tottingham By Lea.
  • Police suspect Arsene.

No, because you missed the Arson Wenger joke :-)
    So did I. I still, kinda, got the irony that it clearly would't be him but once I 'got it' I have to say that it is far from being a crap joke. It's very clever -just a little too clever for me at 8:30 in the morning with a hangover.
  • PL54 said:

I can't see a 22 storey hotel in Tottenham being full very often - it's a horrible part of London.

Will no doubt be gentrified in next couple of years amd re branded as Totham by Lea quarter and become a mecca for tossers who use children's scooters to get to work at third rate media companies wearing their "ironic" t shirts and girlfriend's leggings. See Shoreditch, clerkenwell and London bridge end of Bermondsey as a forebearer.
    Worry not, those 'non affordable' houses will be worth twice what they would go for now by the time the development is finished and a regeneration plan like they have will add significant value to the whole area which is, already, far from being a low cost housing area!
  • 1StevieG said:

PL54 said:

Tottingham By Lea.
    North Blackheath
  • Kidbrooke Village is the best one

Walking back to Charlton after the Joshua fight at 02 Saturday and stumbled across a half finished new complex with the hoarding proudly boasting some guff like "London's most sought after village!".

It's the Charlton end of north Greenwich not f***ing putney.

Can't believe that Zafira hasn't been burnt out.
  • Give it time, its only just been parked there.