Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lunchtime beers

Never usually get involved but in the spirit of things had 3 pints at lunch.

This afternoon will either fly or die....

Comments

• PL54 said:

In bygone days, I used to like a couple of pints at lunchtime, but it's a real rarity these days......maybe, twice per year. Mind you, a pint now would go down well.
  • Usually at least 4 pints every friday lunch. If my mate, doesnt have 7 in the same time, he starts doing shots before heading back and then he wonders why he never gets a bonus or pay rise
  • Blinkant said:

Usually at least 4 pints every friday lunch. If my mate, doesnt have 7 in the same time, he starts doing shots before heading back and then he wonders why he never gets a bonus or pay rise

What is the world coming to back in the day you would have got a bigger bonus and pay rise if he had done this .

We have talk about it before.http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/55517/im-entitled-to-a-lunch-time-pint/p1
  • Blinkant said:

Usually at least 4 pints every friday lunch. If my mate, doesnt have 7 in the same time, he starts doing shots before heading back and then he wonders why he never gets a bonus or pay rise

He drinks seven pints and goes back to work ? That's impressive.
  • Just had 3 pints of Guinness and black, had to go back to the office and now I feel shattered. Only problem with Friday lunch drinking, if you have 3 or 4 pints you are neither sober nor pissed, so just get a headache instead.
  • In a previous job, we had this unwritten rule that restricted us to 2 pints at lunchtime, which we kept to for a long time. Once we broke it though, then it was releasing the seal...
  • I forgot to mention that the beers were in an attempt to feel better after a 3am thing last night - it ain't worked.
  • Guinness and black, you poof, don't ever mess with the black stuff.
  • PL54 said:

Do you work for NATS?