Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What a shower of cack!!

God that was like pulling teeth!

I'm mildly impressed with Cappelo's selection policy but very hard to judge in a half arsed friendly. And I have to wonder why people bother travelling to Wmebley if they are not going to stay longer than 60 minutes? And we thought we had some plastics in our ranks.

Not sure what Wes Brown and Ashley Cole thought they were playing at. Bentley looked like he was prepared to prove a point, Cole was good when in the final third, Jenas I'm ashamed to say also looked like he was trying to stake a claim.

I didn't realise Rio Ferdinand was that slow off the blocks, never thought that was a weakness in his game. Rooney was my man of the match not Gerarrd who I thought also was bright without setting things alight.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Didn't even bother watching it - watching Grand Designs instead. What was the score? (can't even be bothered to look it up on BBC!)
  • A bit of a shambles for the first half hour, slowly got better, Wes Brown was pretty awful as was A Cole.
    J Cole played well, and Gerrard got better as the game wore on, every one was trying to hit the killer ball to begin with when the passing started to occur it got better.
    Not bad for a first go, has a formation he is going to stick to already, better than SMAC who chopped and changed players and formations.
  • He said he is going to select on form over reputation. So how does Chelsea's 2nd choice left back get in before their first?
  • no long balls thankfully.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Didn't even bother watching it - watching Grand Designs instead. What was the score? (can't even be bothered to look it up on BBC!)
    I gave up after 30 mins. Caught the last 5 mins of Grand Designs - that staircase was amazing!
  • I'll be giving him a couple of years before I'll make any judgements.

As for our Fans best in the world away from home & at Tournaments, at Wembley complete shite everytime I have been.
  • edited February 2008
    Hmmmm the selction of Assley Cole ahead of Bridge must have been down to Bridges previous showing on the hallowed turf, or otherwise as you say it makes a bit of a mockery of his supposed selection policy.

I liked hearing Cappello's English/Italian rantings over the pitchside mic.

There could be some comedy gold to come out of him before long
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Didn't even bother watching it - watching Grand Designs instead. What was the score? (can't even be bothered to look it up on BBC!)
    I gave up after 30 mins. Caught the last 5 mins of Grand Designs - that staircase was amazing!

Yeah, but they were fortunate that their parents were able to cough up to help out on the £100k+ overspend. That couple were every so slightly crackers!
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Didn't even bother watching it - watching Grand Designs instead. What was the score? (can't even be bothered to look it up on BBC!)

You can tell we are all getting older - watching Grand Designs instead of the football lol

I'm sure there's a bit of a dreamer in every man (& woman) - dreaming of putting together their own place, all from the dream inside their own head.

The football - well we've seen worse.
    But you could tell they were afraid to make a mistake in front of the new boss.

Joe Cole was brilliant the way he jinked into the box, and from the byeline looked up and picked out Jenas for our first goal.

Why can't Jerome Thomas do just that ....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Jerome Thomas should be made to watch it for four hours tomorrow......Do this and you will play for England.
  • Carter - we got there late and left early to do more boozing .
  • Looks like most of the ground did the same mate!
  • Lots of older crumpet in All BAr one last night
  • I thought Bentley did very well, other than that the same old dross....and I cannot stand Ashley Cole.....what is it about this bloke....
  • Bentley was my MOTM
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Lots of older crumpet in All BAr one last night

lol!!

sorry i would have come over and chatted but a bit cramped and was there to meet a friends new bloke to give him the once over.
  • Oh , I did n't realise you were in there as well :-)
  • The ground was 2/3rds full at the end of the game, I hung around and had a beer afterwards to let the crowds die down, and at 10.30 when I left they STILL had to shut Wembley Park because of overcrowding, with thousands of people backing up half way up Wembley Way. 21st century stadium, 18th century infrastructure.
  • [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite] same old dross....and I cannot stand Ashley Cole.....what is it about this bloke....

Bring back Chris Powell for England .....
  • Sponsored links:

• now there's a thought....
  • My first time at the new wembley and i have to admit that it just didnt do it for me yes the view is the best i have had, yes the stadium looked great from inside, but walking up wembley way used to mean something the site of the towers used to raise the hairs on my neck.

But I just didnt get it the arch although spectacular when lit up didnt do it for me, escalators up to your block, people on corperate in view of the fans milling around outside, Beers and a pie £8.00 (what only one). the gaps in the seats where people can be bothered to sit prior to kickoff, The atmosphere just didnt work the whole evening just about scraped through on the view £30 quid for a 6year old though is taking the pish.

sorry I just didnt like it as for the football it was ok.

Rooney at left back

The midfield of Bently,Barry,Gerrard all in the middle ?

no real width at all

the booing of Ashley Cole was a high light that i did like this guy is a fool