Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Drinking around Leicester Square

Gents and Ladies,

Myself and some of the other blokes at work are heading into town tonight for a night on the tiles - where are all the cool people going these days?

We usually levitate to The Hippodrome and apparently there is a new part called Lola's which is underground and, apparently, quite cool. I just wondered if anyone else had anywhere else they could recommend for a drink and a laugh. And maybe a bit of a gamble

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Gents and Ladies,

Myself and some of the other blokes at work are heading into town tonight for a night on the tiles - where are all the cool people going these days?

We usually levitate to The Hippodrome and apparently there is a new part called Lola's which is underground and, apparently, quite cool. I just wondered if anyone else had anywhere else they could recommend for a drink and a laugh. And maybe a bit of a gamble

Been Lola's a few times. Pretty good with girls dancing in cages in the middle.
  • Head into to Soho instead. Loads of bars and good pubs
  • Verve bar on st martins lane open until 3
  • Ledge said:

Verve bar on st martins lane open until 3

I'm too old for all that - I'll be on the last train home

• Avoid dirty martini!
  • Ledge said:

Verve bar on st martins lane open until 3

Awful gaff.
  • Was at the Hippodrome a couple weeks ago on a Friday. Ended up down in Lolas as thats where the craps table is. Was not very busy and atmosphere on the craps table was excellent.
  • Metra's good but it's more contemporary music, younger crowd...Opium's better for a bit of a lively atmosphere, maybe a bit up it's own arse but it isn't particularly touristy.

If you're willing to venture then Covent Garden Cocktail Club is good, provided you don't just want a bog standard pint 'o lager.

Best Pint of Ale will be at the Harp, close to Charing Cross, just down the road from The Chandos.
  • Which one of you is driving, how much will they be drinking and what time will they be driving you home.
    Just so I can check the maths
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Gents and Ladies,

We usually levitate to The Hippodrome

Can you video this please ? Even Dynamo hasn't done that.
  • There's a bar just down the right hand side of the Empire on Leicester Square - had a knife pulled on me in there about 9 years ago at Christmas.
  • There's a tramp who shits outside zoo Bar around 9pm most evenings that's Leicester Square for you
  • PL54 said:

There's a bar just down the right hand side of the Empire on Leicester Square - had a knife pulled on me in there about 9 years ago at Christmas.

Sold!
  • There's a tramp who shits outside zoo Bar around 9pm most evenings that's Leicester Square for you

Please don't call me a tramp.

I have to shit there because they still haven't sorted out the bogs in the Regus Serviced Office I work at.
  • De Hems is always a good bet.