Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The week that was. 29th December 1984

2»

Comments

• Didn't Millford ref his final game at the valley

Not sure but I think that Clive Thomas last game was the Bolton 4 1 match when we stayed up and sent them down.
  • Remember that game too. It was us or them for the drop and when we went 0.1 down it looked all over for us. However we stormed back to equalise quickly and then went on the rampage to win 4.1. Another very lucky escape for us that season.
  • E-cafc said:

Remember that game too. It was us or them for the drop and when we went 0.1 down it looked all over for us. However we stormed back to equalise quickly and then went on the rampage to win 4.1. Another very lucky escape for us that season.

I took my girlfriend (now wife) to that one. She didn't go again for 30 years, after some lump sat on her in The Covered End, as they said we'd taken their seats at HT. We had a bit of hand bags :-) :-)
  • Millford had a dodgy perm Barnet, I could've sworn it was him mate
  • Still got the video of that Bolton game.

Really? I've got a lot of videos from that era but never seen this one. Was it taped from TV? There's a couple of great photos from that day one of Hales after he scored and one if gritt. They both captured the east terrace celebrating.
  • Finches sports did all the games so the whole 90 minutes. The first half was the most tedious I have ever seen. Hales turning Mike Doyle for the second goal is a particular delight.

Really? I've got a lot of videos from that era but never seen this one. Was it taped from TV? There's a couple of great photos from that day one of Hales after he scored and one if gritt. They both captured the east terrace celebrating.
    Have you got the 5-2 v Chelsea? Would love to see those Simonsen goals again.

As for the Grimsby game.....every time we came forward in the 2nd half we looked like scoring. Lee had his best ever game at centre-forward that day.
  • No. Mates have the 1-1 relegation decider at Chelsea and the victory at Old Trafford in 1986. Yipee I A loud and proud for the whole 90 minutes.
  • Only pwoper Charlton who have seen the Bolton video can tell you what was happening in Harvey Gardens as Gritty was celebrating his goal......