Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters: We were unlucky at Ipswich, that's the story of Charlton's season

Comments

• No, it's really not. Luck is near non existent in football.

The players skill and the managers tactics make the so called 'Luck'

Unless you're referring to a flukey deflection or own goal that is :smiley:
  • 'you can't do anything about it'.......
  • You can say this once or twice a season. After that a manager just starts to look clueless.
  • Uboat said:

You can say this once or twice a season. After that a manager just starts to look clueless.

^this

BPs stock is rapidly falling imo.

• Luck is about percentages. We play against the odds by passing out of defence. Every player makes mistakes at this level and we are paying the price of not playing a percentage game like our opponents.

Our corners conceded last night were seldom the result of Ipswich skill but our individual mistakes - Gomez, Cousins, TBH, JJ Etheridge come to mind.
  • Well you say that but...................if Bikey had scored that open goal against Millwall and Igor that one on one against Cardiff - Most would be saying how well Bob is doing.
    AT present we ARE a mid table team with the squad at hand , Unfortunately most on here got carried away with the good start we had.
    The team needs investment so lets judge bob if and when Roland backs him so until then build a bridge eh?
  • I don't know.

I think he's saying that you can't do anything about it when the opposition wins the first header. He goes on to say that they have to work at avoiding that sort of situation.

He is also arguing that with a thin squad, bad luck with injuries has a disproportionate effect, and that he needs extra bodies. Which is what most of us think too.

Otherwise the interview reads like an attempt to keep morale up by saying we are not far off competing with the likes of Ipswich.

I don't think there is anything unreasonable in what he says, but I also don't pay too much attention to what managers say in the press.
  • There's nothing unlucky in conceding three goals and only winning two of the last thirteen games.
  • i think some of the things Bob says is lost in translation to be honest
  • Would a dog in a bow tie do a better job than bob?
  • Sponsored links:

• No time to explain, the addicks need saving...

• Jackabloodynory. Sorry BP but you are sounding like a stuck record.
  • Uboat said:

You can say this once or twice a season. After that a manager just starts to look clueless.

^this

BPs stock is rapidly falling imo.

smh
  • Look at the difference between Ipswich's bench and ours last night, they had a wealth of experience and we had Bulot, Wilson and a load of inexperience, now is that the fault of the coach or the owner?
  • Look at the difference between Ipswich's bench and ours last night, they had a wealth of experience and we had Bulot, Wilson and a load of inexperience, now is that the fault of the coach or the owner?

Owner no questions asked.
  • Yeah RD should just throw millions of his hard earned cash at us...because he should.
  • edited December 2014

Yeah RD should just might have to throw millions of his hard earned cash at us...because he should protect his investment

Fixed that for you mate ;-)
  • RedChaser said:

Yeah RD should just might have to throw millions of his hard earned cash at us...because he should protect his investment

Fixed that for you mate ;-)
    Prefer your amended version..................probably because you are correct.
  • Should have gave Riga the contract he deserved for keeping us up.

Preferred his approach to be honest. Would have been interesting to see how he handled games when we weren't in a relegation scrap, i.e. not prioritising one over the other. I don't think we've seen the last of Jose Riga at Charlton though.
  • Sponsored links:

That's a fair point which we should remember. Neil Warnock has no such excuse

That's a fair point which we should remember. Neil Warnock has no such excuse
    Not sure about that. Peeters speaks better English!
  • 3-0 unlucky! he's now talking total cock
  • People often use luck, fortune or fate to explain away things they don't really understand. It doesn't exist, there's no such thing.

There are a hundred reasons (and three really clear ones) why we lost last night, some sort of mythical guiding force is not one of them.
  • Dazzler21 said:

No time to explain, the addicks need saving...

Too much black on that bow tie.
  • Perhaps the harder we work the luckier we will get?
  • Give it a rest Bob. They beat us comfortably without even needing to get into 2nd gear. Lucky wins are results like the one we got at Norwich where we had 1 chance all night, not Tuesdays game where Ipswich looked like the only side who were going to score from start to finish.
  • When we score a deflection /a last minute goal /win with 12% possession or the opposition hit the post /miss a gilt edged chance it's down to our graft and an amazing game plan to let the opposition have the ball
    When its the other way round we're just unlucky
  • Struggling to understand the correlation between being beaten 3-0 and having bad luck! Seems like tosh to me