Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message for moderators/admin

edited January 2015 in Troubleshooting
I am still being automatically redirected to some dodgy looking American sites when I click on a topic. Please try to fix whatever the problem is - I don't want the safety of my computers compromised. Thanks.

Comments

• I am still being automatically redirected to some dodgy looking American sites when I click on a topic. Please try to fix whatever the problem is - I don't want the safety of my computers compromised. Thanks.

Leave the page, clear the internet cookies and come back, it definitely works. And it's not in fact a website thing, it's happened/happening on other sites so can't blame the mods for this one!
  • thenewbie is correct. It's an issue affecting many sites that use Google Ads. We've gone through and blocked what we can but it's down to Google to get these ads off of their network.

The only way to fully deal with the issue is to turn off ads all together, which is something we're reluctant to do for obvious reasons. However, the issue is affecting us a lot. I've turned off all for mobile and we're just running the large ads in the sidebar for desktop.

If there are still issues, I'll turn those off too until Google confirms that the issue is resolved.
  • I'm leaving ; )
  • Use an adblocker...............I don't get these problems.
  • brogib said:

I'm leaving ; )

Just noticed your name is anagram of BigRob.
    Are you back under new name?

Miss those hunting tips