Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gary Mackay-Steven

edited January 2015 in Rumours
Sheffield United and Celtic are both pursuing this 24 year old attacking midfielder/winger. BBC News saying Sheffield have had an £80,000 bid rejected and skysports are saying they are considering a £250,000 bid.

Now I'm no expert on Scottish football, but I have seen this guy play a number of times on TV; he seems exciting, attacking and with a lot of hunger for the game, something I really think Charlton could do with. He can make things happen.

I personally would love to see Charlton show an interest, he doesn't seem to be out of our budget, and I think he could add a spark to the team. He may spur Tony Watt on a little more also.

I don't want to start any undue rumours, but I think this is a chance for Charlton to sign an exciting attacking player, it would be interesting to hear other people's views.

*This is my first post on CL, so I apologise if I have done anything wrong with the thread. If I have, just let me know and I will change it :)

Comments

• Would love to see us sign this guy... there is a Dundee Utd fan who posts on here so would be interested to hear his thoughts on GMS
  • He's broken the ''Paulie'' rule but he has a point.
  • Welcome @kinven‌

Word of advice, don't waste your time and energy amateur scouting British based players who we won't sign !
  • Welcome mate. I'd like to see us make a bid for him too. Contract out at the end of the season and yet to sign an extension.
  • Welcome kinven
  • Sponsored links:

• 80K bid rejected. Is that seriously how much they bid? Non league players go for more than that!
  • more chance of signing Gary Stevens or Dave McKay .. if both are still alive
  • In future can you please include the height of all possible transfer targets, along with a smouldering picture of their partner?
  • edited January 2015
    kinven said:

Really sorry guys. Amateur mistake.

Don't be silly, it's a good shout. Under normal circumstances he'd definitely be worth looking at but I think our activity in January will be pretty limited (they've got a ready made excuse) and very European flavoured !

Welcome though !
  • 80K bid rejected. Is that seriously how much they bid? Non league players go for more than that!

He is out of contract in the summer and has said he is moving on. Fact is Dundee Utd don't need to sell as aren't riddled with debt and could easily push for 2nd, so no need to.

Very good player who has had some stand out performances, see the recent 6-2 Dundee derby at Tannadice. Been overshadowed by Ciftci's great form but technically very good and has an eye for goal.

Dundee United are producing some excellent youth products and there are a few more who will probably fetch decent prices in the future.

Whatever happens I just hope hebdoesn't go to Celtic and get ruined.
  • Will be a shambles if he goes to celtic. Would really suit us. I still look at Jamie Murpy that Sheffield U snapped up from Well and think he'd have been ideal for us.

Especially when Pardew is around.

We won't sign him. I honestly don't expect to pay money for any British-based players under this lot.
  • kinven said:

Really sorry guys. Amateur mistake.

With the exception of Henry Irving who is paid by the word by AFKA, you don't think any of us do this professionally do you! Anyway, welcome.
  • Welcome, Gary Mackay-Steven's agent
  • Ffs, you've broken the first 3 rules of starting a thread.

I think a ban is in order
  • Sponsored links:

• He cost me a lot more on FM14! FML
  • Welcome.

Watch out for Colin.
  • Will be a shambles if he goes to celtic. Would really suit us. I still look at Jamie Murpy that Sheffield U snapped up from Well and think he'd have been ideal for us.

I remember when Murphy was struggling for form at Sheff Utd and Rangers were sniffing round him, feared the worst as he is a Rangers fan.

Hopefully Mackay-Steven can see the dead end progress if he goes to Celtic. Apparently alot of interest down South, will be interesting to see where he goes. I hope wherever he goes it is to a manager who is keen to progress his game rather than drop him after expecting instant results.
  • Might as well close this thread now. We all know he won't even be considered.
  • edited January 2015
    Never seen him play irl but he's a cracker on fifa. Got him for just under 2mill and Leicester bought him from me for 9.5 mill the season after. They also bought Vetokele for 6 mill.

Pretty sure he's off to sit on the Celtic bench anyway. Says he doesn't fancy league 1 football but wants to move to English football. Not sure if he means prem and champ or just prem. Can't see us spending money either way.
  • Good player, if he's going for 250k I'd imagine half of the Championship would be looking at him.
  • 3 rules?
    Not Belgian
    Not SL
    Not Network
  • Has agreed a deal with Celtic
  • cafc4ever said:

Has agreed a deal with Celtic

The Scottish Chelsea.

European football and they pay well.