Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Excuses For Missing Games

I asked my son yesterday if he fancied going to the Watford match and got the reply, "err, not really thanks dad... they've only got three stands"! I'm pretty sure he didn't have the heart to tell me what he was really thinking, "err, not really thanks dad, Charlton are crap at the moment and I'm seeing too much of them at home matches"!

So, what excuses have you heard - or perhaps used - for not going to a match?

Comments

• It's too cold to buy tickets.
  • Paulie.....................Getting my highlights put in.
    Ian?.......................Got to check out the hairdressers in Blackpool
    etc
    May or may not be made up.
  • We have an owner who is a bell end
  • I asked my son the same `if he fancied going to Watford'
    `
    We never win' was his reply. So we're not.
  • Sympathetic pregnancy issues.
  • I'm organizing a boycott.
  • Really wanted to go today but got a mates 40th tonight I said I'd help set up. Always enjoyed a day out at Watford, though like a lot of grounds I've never seen us win there despite going multiple times.
  • Following the match thread on Charlton Life is far more entertaining.
  • I'm going but even if we get a decent result, I'm expecting it to be a miserable realisation of how drastically and for the worse the club and team has changed since my last visit for the superb 4-3 two years.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not too disappointed at missing today. Quite happy that the 4-3 is my last memory of Vicarage Road.
  • I'm going but even if we get a decent result, I'm expecting it to be a miserable realisation of how drastically and for the worse the club and team has changed since my last visit for the superb 4-3 two years.

What a game that 4-3 was. Nearly had to cancel as lost my wallet New Years eve. @Red_panda loaned me some money to see me through.

Another fine performance from Trevor Kettle in that one as well!
  • Skint after Christmas, not sure I'll be going to any more away games this season... Except the big one....
  • @stig your son is a genius!
  • Really wanted to go today but got a mates 40th tonight I said I'd help set up. Always enjoyed a day out at Watford, though like a lot of grounds I've never seen us win there despite going multiple times.

I'd be buying him several pints for that one AFKA!
  • Issues with sand
  • Just go millwall away!
  • Tavern said:

Just go millwall away!

I think I have figured out where you will be on April 3rd
  • Too busy attending Standard Liege reserves matches. Thats proper Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wanted to go today

but then I just didn't
  • I'm expecting it to be a miserable realisation of how drastically and for the worse the club and team has changed since my last visit for the superb 4-3 two years.

Amazing
    Can you also predict lottery numbers?
  • I thought you were talking about 11 players going missing yesterday (allegedly)!
  • Had to miss yesterday's game because my horse was running at Taunton and he ran a shocker of a race and the updates from Watford were no better!!!