Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reasons to be cheerful

Time to have something different from the doom and gloom emanating from the repetitious threads discussing and disecting the Blackpool match.

1. A beautiful spring day here in the Black Forest, I did a 5k run, and then sat outside reading the newspapers in the sun.

2. I'm not a Palace or a Millwall fan.

3. Palace lost yesterday and Millwall are still in Division One

4. I've got a couple of days off next week.

Anyone got anything to add?

Comments

• Glad your having a good day BFR but I don't buy all this Palace/ Millwall stuff.

Millwall are not expected to achieve whilst we are 6 points in front of Palace when we should be looking to restablish the one division gap.

I wouldn't mind the points that Warnock has gained for Palace this season either it's more than what Pardew has won for us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Glad your having a good day BFR but I don't buy all this Palace/ Millwall stuff.

Millwall are not expected to achieve whilst we are 6 points in front of Palace when we should be looking to restablish the one division gap.

I wouldn't mind the points that Warnock has gained for Palace this season either it's more than what Pardew has won for us.

and thats a reason to be cheerful is it??
  • Read the bottom line

"Anyone got anything else to add"
  • Yeah i read it, anything else 'cheerful' to add, why do you bother, just to get a reaction isnt it??!!
  • go on mcs, reams is doing my noggin in i have tried to understand the points but how bitter and twisted can one man be
  • madness nth london, thats what it is! i try not to get involved in slanging matches on here cos this site aint really like this! there are other sites for it, like the one reams runs!
  • Reaction to what? Im giving my opinion that's all only it would appear that certain people only accept others being annoyed just as long as it doesn't surpass their own levels of disatisfaction.

Each to their own if we were all in a room in the flesh Id be saying the same things, people don't have to like or agree with it but ive had enough of Pardew's failings.

I had a match ticket and train ticket for yesterday but despite being up early and all ready to go for the 1st time in 25 years I could not raise the passion to go and watch my team and I hold Pardew responsible for that he is driving the fans away
  • Look Reams, you're entitled to your views, of course you are - but do you have to keep going over the same old ground on every thread?

This thread is supposed to be something light-hearted to make people feel good about things, not just another thread to go over what has already been said on countless other threads. Come on fella, you can say what you want on other threads but why turn this one into another Pardew rant?
  • MCSMCS
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Look Reams, you're entitled to your views, of course you are - but do you have to keep going over the same old ground on every thread?

This thread is supposed to be something light-hearted to make people feel good about things, not just another thread to go over what has already been said on countless other threads. Come on fella, you can say what you want on other threads but why turn this one into another Pardew rant?

that was the kind of thing i wanted to say in my post (the one on the other thread!), nice one off it
  • Reams it is the constant doooom and glooooooooooom that you preach you my man are the most negative person who repeats on every thread in which you write your blackness conclusion of pardews short comings,

you hold pardew responsible for you not being arsed to go and support the team .
    I never wanted Dowie nor did i respect him or give him any credit,

however i would never let someone come between me and the team i love,

therefore you should stick with them

get up and go it wont hurt, pardew wont know who you are, he wont challenge your opinions, who wont poo poo them either be brave my man and go to the game with your negative views and slag them off from the terrace some will agree with you others wont you dont need to hide because pardew has ruined your bubble of the club that to you we once had
  • Sponsored links:

• There's a difference between expressing an opinion and going on (and on) like a broken record.

Reams - you've made some valid points, some of which I can really agree with, but I'm afraid they're in danger of being lost in both the continual repetition and attempts to get others to bite.

And all this on a forum that you've been less than complimentary about about on your own site in the past. Strange.
  • I was going to compose a riposte to all this Reams crap, but thought I'd let the Drive By Abuser put a considered response instead:
    abuserwp2.jpg
    Much more eloquently put than I could myself.
  • quality leroy quality

now that is a reason to be cheerful add that to the list BFR
  • Reams, I don't have a problem with what you say at all (except the macho fight stuff), even if I disagree with either what you say or how you put it some of the time, but I am wondering if the fact that you go a lot less is making you more frustrated and thus lose some perspective. Because of family commitments, up until the last couple of seasons, I wasn't able to go regularly as I once did. I found it incredibly frustrating not being at matches. I have been much more the last couple of seasons and whilst the games often haven't been good, at least you can yell and shout and let off steam.
  • [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]

There was me thinking we could have one thread that didn't include a lot of gnashing of teeth and whining, but since I'm here I've gone and done some maths to see if Warnock has gained more points for Palace this season than Pardew has for Charlton.

As of now, Charlton have 52 points in 34 games, that makes an average of 1.53 a game.

Palace are 11th spot with 46 points, I think Warnock has been in charge of Palace for 26 league games, during which time they have won 36 points, an average of 1.38 points a game. FYI in their last six games they have drawn two games, and lost four, therefore picking up just up 2 points from 18, in those games they've have scored just two goals.

I'd conclude two things, first you are factually incorrect, and second, that while appointing Warnock gave Palace a lift the wheels appear to be coming off their wagon. On that note, you have your own site, so I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve by posting relentlessly negative stuff. I think we all accept that yesterday's result isn't good enough and that the team are annoyingly inconsistent and lack a bit of guile and muscle to overcome determined opponents who prefer a long-ball and hit and rush style of play, but the picture isn't as bad as you seem to think it is. Repeating on every thread your demands for Pards to get the tin-tack hardly moves the debate on - perhaps it's time to change the record? Or maybe you should find something else to do this afternoon and take your mind off this.
  • Here Reams how about predicting who will win the carling cup

Tottenham

Chelsea

seeing as where i am go on the yid army
  • Fair comments but why are you assuming that Iam just referring to yesterday's games?

My Own site! So are you saying that by having a site of my own, that I cannot contribute elsewhere?

As for the Warnock piece, I apologise I was not very clear I meant that during warnock's reign he has won more points than Pardew over the same amount of games.

I take your points though and admit that sometimes over do it and outstay my welcome but I cannot think of any other site where if I say something out of turn an individual has to revert to comments about my father.

What has he got to do with it? and why the need for it he was quite successful with Lennie so I can't see why a couple of people have to get personal as a means of having a go at me yet nobody turns around and questions the need for it.

Can anybody honestly say that they would not get agitated if they were the target of this? I don't think so.

I really cannot see also why my site has to get dragged up all the time if you are a regular of your local pub do you not occasionally enjoy going elsewhere?

I do post and criticise figures at the club but I cannot remember when I have instigated personal insults aimed at anybody on here unless they are in retaliation.

Fair enough I will steer clear of this website in future but I find it dissapointing that there appears to be a committee that take exception to people crossing the line of criticism and if you upset one you upset everybody because not a bad word can be said about Murray, Pardew etc etc.

Finally I do not say anything on here that I do not say at a match and believe me if I could get close enough to the people who I hold responsible for our demise I would let them know how I feel.

All the best anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]
    snip...
    Fair enough I will steer clear of this website in future ...snip
    That was like one of those Peanuts cartoons from when i was a kid where the teacher just goes 'wah wah wah wah'... but Charlie Brown has a moment of clarity in the middle of it where one thing makes him take notice... Cheerio.
  • negativity breads contempt reams maybe you should have pulled your neck in,

we know not all is rosey in the garden of se7 but constantly reminding everyone on threads that are not about that has taken its toll

goodbye and goodluck and i dont know why people reverted to your father and yes i do find it in bad taste as do most others but it is not a playground you must fight your own battles i am afraid
  • Fair enough I will steer clear of this website in future but I find it dissapointing that there appears to be a committee that take exception to people crossing the line of criticism and if you upset one you upset everybody because not a bad word can be said about Murray, Pardew etc etc.

No one is stopping you from posting here, but repeating the same thing continually suggests an obsessive-compulsive type of behaviour. You've made the point that Pards should go, and in the fullness of time you may well get your wish, but continually repeating it ad nauseum, starting several threads on the topic and hijacking non-Charlton threads such as this doesn't make for interesting reading for the rest of us.

As for why your site is invoked so often, it is simple, as the moderator there you can set the agenda, the tone of the debate and discuss whatever you like. Personally I think you've done a great job with it, but I wonder what your objective is here - is it to discuss matters concerning Charlton objectively or be subjective, ie are you using this place as a vehicle for your views/to promote your site? You mention in your defence that if you were a regular at a pub it wouldn't stop you drinking occasionally at another pub, and fair enough, but going into that pub and annoying the locals is not really on, after all a different pubs have different rules and customs which it is wise to heed and I think the majority here seem now to have a problem with the relentlessly negative aspect to your frequent contributions. Please change the record.
  • Sponsored links:

• 5. England beat France at rugby.
  • 6. it is on 3 days until charlton have the chance to reach the next round of the fa youth cup

come on jon jo
  • 7. Ireland beat Scotland at rugby

8. We're not Newcastle supporters
  • 9. We haven't got Tangoman as a chairman.
  • 10. we could be palarse fans
  • sorry that was your number 2

we could still have uncle les in charge
  • 11. We could still have Amdy Faye and Marcus Bent on our books. Oh dear, we do.
  • 11. My daughter scored her first goal for her ladies team today
  • That's great, Len!
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]That's great, Len!

Thanks Weegie!

It won't win goal of the month any time soon but it's hers!