Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eagles reckons current side would challenge for promotion

Six wins from eight is promotion form so hard to argue otherwise at the minute.

http://bit.ly/1beYnsa

Comments

• WSS said:

"He reminds of the managers I’ve worked under before like Sir Alex Ferguson"

They're all on point!

…and Owen Coyle.'

Ah.
  • With 3 more signings of the right quality and keeping what we have I'd probably agree with him
  • good interview
  • Agree with him, and the big difference is the introduction of some new players to give us a bit of depth.

When you have the likes of Watt, JBG, Solly, Henderson and Igor in form then any team in the league will have a tough time against us.
  • I don't think we can afford keeping both Eagles and bulot (either on loan or buy) but let's hope we can sign at least one of them
  • Biggest plus to come out of Eagles comments is that he is obviously happy at The Valley so we might have a decent shout at signing him long term which I think would be good business.

I haven't read the article, but I can't help thinking that stories like these are designed to earn the players longer term contracts.
  • Biggest plus to come out of Eagles comments is that he is obviously happy at The Valley so we might have a decent shout at signing him long term which I think would be good business.

I haven't read the article, but I can't help thinking that stories like these are designed to earn the players longer term contracts.
    Still better than hearing players are being Abused in a foreign language or the coach has lost the dressing room.

• Sponsored links:

• I haven't read the article, but I can't help thinking that stories like these are designed to earn the players longer term contracts.

And Eagles extending his contract further than the summer isn't a positive thing?............
  • No, you're all wrong.

Having a very thin squad, only only decent striker and the youngest squad in the division is the way forward.

Say no to experience, cover and goal scoring strikers (plural)

: - )

Has seriously_red hacked your account again?

• Don't think signing Eagles would be too much of a problem financially. There wouldn't be a transfer fee involved afterall.

Come to think of it, there might not be one for Bulot either....
  • cafctom said:

Don't think signing Eagles would be too much of a problem financially. There wouldn't be a transfer fee involved afterall.

Come to think of it, there might not be one for Bulot either....

I thought Bulot had another year on his contract with SL, or did you mean RD will push it through for nothing
  • Did anyone else think this was another thread about Palace?

Still better than hearing players are being Abused in a foreign language or the coach has lost the dressing room.

How was this substantiated? It was handy to brief against Peeters at the time, and unnecessary because the crap results were doing for him anyway.

• I haven't read the article, but I can't help thinking that stories like these are designed to earn the players longer term contracts.

And Eagles extending his contract further than the summer isn't a positive thing?............
    It is a positive thing but keeping the whole squad that we have now could be expensive. Convincing those running the club that it gives us a shot at promotion is the best way to 'convince' them to blow the budget - something else that I'd be perfectly happy with, by the way.

I was just pointing out that when players hoping to earn more than the divisional average (and it's probably a lot more) go to the press they are 'encouraged' to be optimistic as to what their presence in the squad might achieve.

He was at Blackpool for the early part of the season and even though I've not got the league table in front of me right now I'm confident in saying that they will not be promoted this season.
  • Not sure about us not being able to afford to keep Bulot and Eagles.

If we can afford both players now why not next season too?
  • edited March 2015
    Is it just me or has Eagles got a really weird running action. Makes Danny Haynes' look normal
  • owen coyle and alex ferguson in the same sentence?

Good interview otherwise, clearly likes luzON
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it just me or has Eagles got a really weird running action. Makes Danny Haynes' look normal

• Is it just me or has Eagles got a really weird running action. Makes Danny Haynes' look normal

Like Paula Ratcliffe who was a world record holder ?
    I hadn't noticed but will check it out.

Danny Haynes action was to sprint 80 yards very quickly then the grabbing of the back of the leg after being hit by a sniper.

Like Paula Ratcliffe who was a world record holder ?
    I hadn't noticed but will check it out.

Danny Haynes action was to sprint 80 yards very quickly then the grabbing of the back of the leg after being hit by a sniper.

Unless he's playing Danny Shittu of which he sprints 5 yards and bounces off 20

Glad I'm not the only cynical old git on here

He runs like a commuter who is late for his bus but trying to keep his suit jacket from flying up around him
  • LenGlover said:

Biggest plus to come out of Eagles comments is that he is obviously happy at The Valley so we might have a decent shout at signing him long term which I think would be good business.

Glad I'm not the only cynical old git on here
    I'm not that old!
  • edited March 2015