Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer predictions for the summer?

It's all getting a bit too positive for me on here so I thought I'd bring it down a bit. :P
Just curious about who people think will leave in the summer? My money is on Gudmundsson, I think he's too good for us and was only willing to sign a two year contract so he could show off his talents and earn a move to the prem. Especially when you consider that other "unknowns" like Vetokele and to an extent Watt were tied down to much longer deals.

Comments

• Just enjoy the moment worry about what happens when or if it happens
  • edited March 2015
    Transfer predictions for the summer?

The whining on here will be louder than a Rolls Royce Pegasus engine shutting down...
  • It's nice to be positive about Charlton for a change, we need all the positivity we can muster going into the Millwall game.
  • We'll have a summer where we lose a lot of players and then sign a lot to replace them but still won't have a big squad. Then we'll have a crap January, but a decent loan/free window in Feb and survive. Like always.
  • If Gomez goes to Chelsea then I'd be looking to screw at least, at the very least, £10million out of the deal...after agents fees and other costs too....plus 20% of any profit they might make on him...plus a £1million bonus if they qualify for Europe...plus a £1million bonus per cup they win, and all those bonuses whether he plays or not.
  • Can't see Bulot and Buyens going back to Liege. Why would Liege want them back when they probably want fresh blood themselves from outside the network. Would we be happy if Reza and PP were recalled to be part of our squad for next season? I think there's as much chance of Bulot and Buyens going back to Liege as there is Reza and PP coming back to us. I think pretty much all the loan signings across the network will be made permanent by the clubs the players are at now barring those who may not have worked out at there current club and those players would likely leave the network altogether.

The biggest worry is JBG only having one year left on his contract i'd like to hope he has settled in England and doesn't want to upsticks again after just one year but looking back we were very lucky to get him in the first place and on a freebie too. RD won't let him go on a free so would either need to sign an extension or probably be sold off. At best we'd keep him until January and see where we are in the table. JBG would also be extremely difficult to replace and is as good an RM we are going to see while we are in the Championship. I dare say he's even better than most of the RM's we had in the Premier League years too.

I don't think the picture will be as bleak as it could potentially have been given where we were at the start of February. At that point i'd have said most of the squad will jump ship but I think now apart from JBG the biggest worries would be keeping hold of Cousins and Gomez.

We have the makings of a top six squad next season if we can keep this squad all together and add 3 or 4 new faces to replace the ones leaving out of contract.
  • sam3110 said:

JBG to Leverkusen for 3million euro
    Gomez to Chelsea for 5million (2mill up front, rest in add ons)
    Church, Ben Haim, Wilson, Etheridge, Onyewu out for free
    Bulot and Buyens return to SL
    Eagles leaves for another championship side
    Reza, Nego, Tucudean and Parzyszek out for nominal fees
    RD decides Wiggins is too much of a sicknote and we cash in

Diarra and Johnson sign new 1 year deals
    We sign a new left back from the championship
    2 SL players join on loan again, one a winger the other a central defender
    Another SL player signs for an undisclosed fee, a nippy striker, people moan it's so we can sell Watt or Vetokele, we keep both.
    Big striker signed for a million or so from Europe.
    Young defender on loan from Premiership
    Young Chelsea player on loan for season as part of Gomez deal, defensive midfielder.
    Creative midfielder signed, South American heritage, is labelled too lightweight for championship but sets up a fair amount of goals.
    Mandatory goalkeeper signs from CZ Jena/STVV/AD Alcorcon

If half of these are right il be impressed
  • Jbg, Bulot, veto, tbh, Johnson, Diarra, Hendo, Solly, watt all sold or released.

Church signed up to a 15 year contract.

Tucadean, reza, pp all signed up to 5 year contracts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Harry Kane to Barcelona.....
  • Keep all the current squad and sign

Bale
    Zlatan
    Messi
  • We will do a complete squad swap with Standard Liege except for Neil Etheridge who will be our number 1, however we will immediately sell Thuram to Canvey Island as thats as high as he is rated, and Buyens (now on a perm) will be sent off in the first minute of the first game after a crunching tackle on the kickoff
  • Rossman that all sounded so reasonable until you suggested Buyens might make a tackle!!
  • Rossman92 said:

We will do a complete squad swap with Standard Liege except for Neil Etheridge who will be our number 1, however we will immediately sell Thuram to Canvey Island as thats as high as he is rated, and Buyens (now on a perm) will be sent off in the first minute of the first game after a crunching tackle on the kickoff

Oii, we don't want no network cast offs here in Canvey mate!
  • Nasty feeling we will see a lot of change yet again.
  • dizzee said:

Jbg, Bulot, veto, tbh, Johnson, Diarra, Hendo, Solly, watt all sold or released.

No need as they already have these!

We'll have a summer where we lose a lot of players and then sign a lot to replace them but still won't have a big squad. Then we'll have a crap January, but a decent loan/free window in Feb and survive. Like always.

Can't bring myself to tap the 'like' button, but this is probably the closest to reality.
  • Players that I think will be off in the Summer are as follows... those where I've put Network I reckon will be sold off to another club in the pile (With Lepoint just going out on loan)... those where I've stated a league in England or country is for those who I think will be sold on.

Neil Etheridge (League One) : Loic Nego (Network) : Oguchi Onyewu (United States) : Rhoys Wiggins (Championship) : Lawrie Wilson (League One)
    Christophe Lepoint (Network) : Simon Church (League One) : Reza Ghoochannejhad (Middle East) : Piotr Parzyszek (Network) : George Tucudean (Romania)

• In an ideal world I would like to see the following

- Luzon in charge for the start of next season and given time. Don’t sack him if we lose 6 games on the spin. Fed up of having a conveyor belt of managers/head coaches over the last 12/18 months.
    - Igor, Watt, Gudmundsson and Gomez to still be in the squad. Only sell if the offer is over the top, not peanuts.
    - Johnson, Eagles, Ben Haim and Diarra to be offered new deals. Only if their wage demands are not ridiculous
    - Buyens and Bulot on permanent deals. Again if their wage demands are not daft.
    - Church, Wilson, Onyewu and Etheridge to go.
    - 3 new players with Championship experience or better than what’s in the current squad. Should include a target man (No 9) someone like Matt Smith at Fulham.
    - Don’t wait till January to push for promotion. Look to push for it now. Too late to wait till January when over half of the season has been played.
  • seth plum said:

If Gomez goes to Chelsea then I'd be looking to screw at least, at the very least, £10million out of the deal...after agents fees and other costs too....plus 20% of any profit they might make on him...plus a £1million bonus if they qualify for Europe...plus a £1million bonus per cup they win, and all those bonuses whether he plays or not.

If you Alt-TAB you can go straight back into football manager without clicking on the taskbar!
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

Jbg, Bulot, veto, tbh, Johnson, Diarra, Hendo, Solly, watt all sold or released.

30 goals is not to be sniffed at!
  • The exciting thing is that, as of now, I have never even heard of the man who will go on to become this year's Andy Delort.
  • We should we concerned about losing Cousins, Gomez, Watt, and Gudmundsson. The others can be replaced
  • I've had a bad feeling for a while that Vetokele will be off this summer. I know he's been carrying a bit of a knock but I think his absence recently has been in preparation.
  • Rossman that all sounded so reasonable until you suggested Buyens might make a tackle!!

Yes that was the point lol
  • se9addick said:

I've had a bad feeling for a while that Vetokele will be off this summer. I know he's been carrying a bit of a knock but I think his absence recently has been in preparation.

I think we will sell at least one major player - The RD way is to cash in on a player. If we get a big enough offer it makes sense.
  • Gudmundsson is the only major player I expect to leave in the summer, as if he doesn't sign a new contract they'll want to cash in.
    I expect Cousins will sign a contract extension, based on gut feeling more than anything else. I think there's an air of positivity around the club at the moment
    Gomez will stay for another year - he'll get a lot of first team action here which will increase his desirability in a year's time
    Johnson and Diarra will sign deals, TBH will leave.
    What might be interesting is how many of the loaned out players return to us...

• se9addick said:

I've had a bad feeling for a while that Vetokele will be off this summer. I know he's been carrying a bit of a knock but I think his absence recently has been in preparation.

I think we will sell at least one major player - The RD way is to cash in on a player. If we get a big enough offer it makes sense.
    And to be fair there hasn't ever been a time in our history where we haven't sold players if the right offer comes in. How the money is/isn't re-invested will be interesting as that's the part that will possibly be different from previous regimes.