Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton bigger than Palace , it's official!

Table in today's Mail.

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Not sure about arsenal being bigger than Liverpool, West Bron's position and Leeds being so low but that's a decent list.
  • We are no.1 in South London, that is what matters most
  • Gumbo said:

West Ham fan now @buckshee?

Not mine mate. Moose from talksport.
  • West Brom 11th and bigger than West Ham.....hmmmm
  • Ha, gotta laugh. How did they work out that we've got the 14th highest global fanbase ??
  • Mid-table once again.
  • edited March 2015

Ha, gotta laugh. How did they work out that we've got the 14th highest global fanbase ??

Just out of interest boss how many different countries do we have Lifers in, didn't you give those stats out once?

Edit, just seen this on the 'Joint 27th with Fulham' concurrent thread;
    They explain it's based on global following on the clubs' Twitter and Facebook accounts. Must be a lot more overseas Addicks than we thought. Without that 14 ranking Charlton would be quite a bit lower in the overall table. Not to be taken seriously anyway.
  • Vacuous, but good to see us ahead of Palace for the first time in 7 years
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Ha, gotta laugh. How did they work out that we've got the 14th highest global fanbase ??

yup, that's the one :wink:
  • shirty5 said:

All the Reza lovers on Facebook
    Facebook gold when Ben Haim signed!

Leed's global fanbase is 23rd to our 14th, mmm....
  • Stig said:

And Millwall are still 2nd from bottom!

So much for all this absolute nonsense they like to prattle on about, about being "the worlds biggest small club". They ain't even that. They're the second smallest middling club in England.
    Errrr.

That list shows the top 50.

Last time I looked, there were 92 clubs in the 4 divisions of the Football League...
  • Stig said:

And Millwall are still 2nd from bottom!

So much for all this absolute nonsense they like to prattle on about, about being "the worlds biggest small club". They ain't even that. They're the second smallest middling club in England.
    Errrr.

That list shows the top 50.

Last time I looked, there were 92 clubs in the 4 divisions of the Football League...
    Yes, that's why I said 'middling'. The ones below are too small to be mentioned.
  • edited March 2015
    buckshee said:

Table in today's Mail.

Isn't the most interesting fact here that buckshee drinks out of a "Keep Calm and follow West Ham" mug
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

Table in today's Mail.

Isn't the most interesting fact here that buckshee drinks out of a "Keep Calm and follow West Ham" mug
    Not me matey

• Surprisingly more addicks than you would think up here in Northamptonshire, we train down from Bedford with only 1 palace fan, he takes our differing opinions very well indeed.
  • Brighton & Bristol City below Wigan?
  • Seems a bit harsh on Palace to be 29th in player quality. I wonder why that is.
  • Seems a bit harsh on Palace to be 29th in player quality. I wonder why that is.

Paddy McCarthy was probably still there when the article was being written ;-)

Number of players to have represented England historically, plus number of representatives at the 2014 World Cup.

It's based on players who've played for England (not other British or foreign) + players at 2014 World Cup. They've never been in the top flight long enough historically to have much in the way of England players. Any at WC 2014?

It's taking the future Pardew factor in to account.
  • Wigan shouldn't even be in top 50.