Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where are the 12 Back to the Valley Shirts? Can you help?

So after the first game back the Club raffled off the players shirts.

They were framed by Garry Nelson too.

The museum has Colin Walsh's on loan from Addickted.

When @stuart cams into the museum he told us he's got Darren Pitchers.

Last night at @baronpaulo's party I was chatting to a long standing fan whose son has Stuart Balmer's shirt.

so that makes three.

so where are the other nine?

Does anyone have a list of the original winners?

That would be a start but in 25 years many might have changed hands.

Can you help locate them?

Do you know anyone who has one or do you have one yourself?

Comments

• The club did not raffle Webbos shirt, it was the only one they kept
  • JohnnyH2 said:

The club did not raffle Webbos shirt, it was the only one they kept

Interesting because I'm not sure where that is now. Will have to have another look around the club for it.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

The club did not raffle Webbos shirt, it was the only one they kept

Interesting because I'm not sure where that is now. Will have to have another look around the club for it.
    Pretty sure they were raffled soon after the game so may be worth a scan of the progs from the Leeds cup replay onwards for the 92/93 season for the names of the winners
  • cheers,

Will have a look next time I'm at the museum unless someone has those programmes to hand.
  • Yes I have Darren Pitchers. If memory serves me right, we were the 4th name drawn out of the hat.
  • cheers,

Will have a look next time I'm at the museum unless someone has those programmes to hand.

Will check tomorrow
  • edited March 2015
    Stewart said:

Yes I have Darren Pitchers. If memory serves me right, we were the 4th name drawn out of the hat.

Sorry for getting your name wrong :-)

I think Bolders went first and then Walsh's.
  • shirty5 said:

cheers,

Will check tomorrow
    Cheers
  • Stewart said:

Yes I have Darren Pitchers. If memory serves me right, we were the 4th name drawn out of the hat.

I think Borders went first and then Walsh's.
    Is that the Aussie cricketer Allan Border :smile:
  • Just out of interest what are you going to do with the information Henry? Is it just a way of keeping track of where they are in the world, or are the museum trying to pull them all together into one exhibition?
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart said:

you cant get the staff these days
  • Just out of interest what are you going to do with the information Henry? Is it just a way of keeping track of where they are in the world, or are the museum trying to pull them all together into one exhibition?

Just intrigued to know where they are. We don't really have the display room now for just those shirts

We are at the start of the process of creating a catalogue website where we can photograph and list everything whoever owns it or where it is so would be good to have them on that site for everyone to see.
  • Stewart said:

OK, quick quiz question: which Italian footballer, once linked with a loan move to Charlton owns one of Allan Border's cricket shirts?
  • Chizz said:

Stewart said:

OK, quick quiz question: which Italian footballer, once linked with a loan move to Charlton owns one of Allan Border's cricket shirts?
    I'm guessing it'll be Christian Vieri!
  • Chizz said:

Stewart said:

I'm guessing it'll be Christian Vieri!
    Correct!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/1697450.stm
  • edited March 2015

cheers,

I brought a bunch of Programmes will check them when I get in

Where should I start
  • Steve Jones?
  • cheers,

Where should I start
    After 5/11/92
  • cheers,

Where should I start
    After 5/11/92
    found something in the Notts County programme 30/1/93

8 year old Joe Bullen was first selected and he picked his hero Bob Bolders short and was presented it by Bob before the game.

2nd ticket holder was Nick Hannan who selected Colin Walsh's shirt

3rd prize winner was Lee Morris who selected Joint Player Manager Steve Gritt's shirt

the prize draw raised £18,000 and a full list of winners will be in the next Charlton Magazine, which should be on its way to members by next week

so any members still have that
  • Good work.

So anyone know Lee Morris?

And anyone got that Charlton Magazine?
  • Sponsored links:

• Good work.

So anyone know Lee Morris?

And anyone got that Charlton Magazine?

Don't forget Joe Bullen, should be in his 30's now (Unless you have located Bob Bolders
  • An absolute long shot as there must be a fair number of Charlton supporting Lee Morris's. This was back in 2003 but he still posts on the site.

Ok I will get on with my work.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=542032

• Thanks Conker,

That is great work.

1st Joe Bullen Bexleyheath Bob Bolder
    2nd Nick Hannan Sevenoaks Colin Walsh On loan to the Museum
    3rd Lee Morris Erith Steve Gritt
    4th Michelle Greatorex Bexley Scott Minto
    5th C.J.Padgham Maidstone Carl Leaburn
    6th Bill Sweetman Orpington Garry Nelson
    7th Simon Jones Bishops Stortford John Robinson
    8th David Wilson Shenfield Lee Power
    9th Anthony Evenett Beckenham Stuart Balmer Location known
    10th Geoffrey Brown Sawston, Cambs Darren Pitcher With @Stewart
    11th M.Nottage Blackheath Kim Grant
    12th Darren Wasley Plumstead Alan Pardew
    13th Simon Webster - Retained by Club but location not known

The museum isn't trying take them away and we can't afford to buy them. Walsh's is on display in the museum already as part of the back to the Valley feature.

But it would be good to know where they are all know and that they are safe. Would really appreciate any help and in particular a photograph of any of the framed shirts.
  • poor old Darren Wasley eh?
  • Did the club sell back at the valley shirts at the time?
  • Did the club sell back at the valley shirts at the time?

yes, but these are the matchworn shirts not replicas

• Oh! well in that case, I have one! I'll have to quiz my dad as to where it came from.
  • Oh! well in that case, I have one! I'll have to quiz my dad as to where it came from.

Is your dad not one of the people named above then?

When you say you have one is it in a framed and was the framing done by Garry Nelson?

Is your dad not one of the people named above then?

When you say you have one is it in a framed and was the framing done by Garry Nelson?
    No, he's not one of the ones listed. Just have no idea where this shirt came from. It's not in a frame, no. I'm guessing it's just a replica.