Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Scapegoats XI

I'm trying to put together a team of scapegoats from players who have played since 2000 and have left the club. To be a scapegoat, a player needs to have played a decent number of games. It's tricky. Any improvements (or the opposite, perhaps)?

Thuram

Francis
Doherty
McCarthy
Evina

Green
Ambrose
Faye

McLeod
Abbott
Gray

Comments

• McCormack
    Butterfield
  • Can you class Faye as a scapegoat...wasn't he just awful?
  • Can you class Faye as a scapegoat...wasn't he just awful?

Good point. McCormack should get his place in my original 11.
  • edited March 2015
    I agree Faye is definitely not a scapegoat. He's simply the worst player ever to put the shirt on.

I would add Kevin Lisbie & David Mooney to that list ahead of Gray.
  • Llera
    Fox
    Wilson
    Church
  • I'd have Traore in front of Evina at left back
  • Being not very good does not make a scapegoat. Being ok but getting the blame unfairly is nearer the mark.

I nominate Wagstaff, Varney and more recently Fox as candidates. Most of those mentioned above were just not very good.
  • after the way people have been speaking about him over the past 2 years Church should be ahead of Gray
  • after the way people have been speaking about him over the past 2 years Church should be ahead of Gray

Agreed

I did say players who had left the Club otherwise Church would have made the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2015

I'd have Traore in front of Evina at left back

He's another that was just shit though.
  • Don't forget Kish ....... only Curbs, Len Glover and me could see what he brought to the team.

;o)

I did say players who had left the Club otherwise Church would have made the team.
    sorry missed that
  • Thuram
    Francis - Doherty - McCarthy - Fox
    Wilson - Buyens - Ambrose - Green
    Church - Abbott
  • Scandalously even John Robinson could make that list . He was treated badly by an idiotic section of fans at the back end of his Charlton career along with Kish.
  • Is it safe to assume that Alan Pardew gets the nod as Manager?
  • Kishishev and Lisbie were perpetually scapegoated.
  • Lloyd Sam would have to be there surely.
  • edited March 2015
    If we are talking a fair number of games Hamer must be a candidate for keeper.

I saw a fair few Covered End Upper dwellers with foam flecked spittle around their mouths shout venom at him!
  • i have developed a nervous twitch just reading those names above ...its bringing it all back /its going all dark and grey ,i dont feel happy ...where s me pills ?!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Nick Weaver
    Mark Hudson
    Miguel Llera
    Ceddy
    Nicky Bailey
    Marvin Sordell
    Callum Harriot

• Elliot (blamed playing behind a poor defence)

Solly (yes, too short)

Kish (no idea why)

Waggy (not being Green)

Jackson (legs gone for the past three seasons)

Fox (give him a chance)

Pritchard (very effective but some never liked him)

Yann (blamed for being on the end of long balls he had no control over)

• Bryan Hughes is a great shout. Scored some handy goals for us and generally did well but is mostly remembered as being rubbish.

Does Matt Holland qualify? Gets called Captain Cleanshorts despite the fact he was one of the most committed players around
  • It's beginning to look like quite a strong team to me
  • Pedro45 said:

Nick Weaver
    Mark Hudson
    Miguel Llera
    Ceddy
    Nicky Bailey
    Marvin Sordell
    Callum Harriot

Nicky Weaver is a good shout. Nicky Bailey not so good.
  • Hamer

Francis
    Llera
    Fortune
    Youga

Sam
    Kishishev
    McCormack
    Ambrose

Lisbie
    Mooney
  • LenGlover said:

Hamer

Francis
    Llera
    Fortune
    Youga

Sam
    Kishishev
    McCormack
    Ambrose

Lisbie
    Mooney

Good call, but I would have thought Fortune was considered pretty reliable by most. Varney and Wagstaff must be on the subs bench, I would have thought.
  • Mervyn Day as coach, as he never seemed to get the respect Curbs and Peacock got?