Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent Senior Cup Final vs Gills - anyone planning on going?

Think I might head down for this one, be great to see the u21s pick up some silverware. Even better if we have a few hundred Charlton fans getting behind them...

cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-gillingham-kent-senior-cup-final-2354923.aspx

Comments

• Haven't missed a KSC game yet!
  • Haven't missed a KSC game yet!

• CAFCTrev said:

Haven't missed a KSC game yet!

CAFCTrev said:

Haven't missed a KSC game yet!

Sorry, serious. Since Charlton restarted entering the KSC, I haven't missed a game.

The only ground we have been beaten at is Dartford. (Twice!)
  • I'm at the parents place in medway for this so will probably be there!
  • Deffo - one of my best mates is a huge Gills fan so we'd better win.

I think we should prioritise this over the Birmingham game, cheers development squad but this ones got Tony Watt written all over it !
  • I may go to this. Hopefully Gills field a strong side which means my mate may play for them, if they are going to then I will go 100%.
  • Apparently the last time it was us vs the Gills in the final the crowd was over 3K, impressive for a county cup.
  • Tickets are available for Charlton’s Kent Senior Cup final clash with Gillingham.

The match, which takes place at Priestfield on Thursday April 30th (7.45pm), will be half price for season-ticket holders.

Tickets, priced £10 for adults and £5 concessions, are available by calling

01634 300000 or by visiting the Gillingham ticket office.

The Addicks beat Ramsgate 5-0 in the semi-finalto progress.

Kent FA Chief Executive Paul Dolan described it as “an occasion for all fans of Kent football to enjoy.”

He said: “This year’s Kent Reliance Senior Cup final is set to provide a fantastic showcase of Kent’s best football.

“Both Gillingham and Charlton Athletic had to overcome some stiff competition to reach the final.

“We hope the chance of getting some silverware will be an enticing prospect for fans to conclude the season.”

• edited April 2015
    My Gillingham mate reckons it's £5 for season ticket holders of either team ?
  • That's what it says.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

match is to be postponed as the authorities have just found out that Charlton is not in Kent.

:smiley:

Shhhhh!

• Do you have to be a member or signed up a-la our red card scheme to buy tickets from Gills?
  • Will you be able to buy on the day?? It's not likely to sell out is it??
  • II reckon i'll be attending.
  • Macronate said:

match is to be postponed as the authorities have just found out that Charlton is not in Kent.

The games back on when they realise that 50% of Charlton's fan base either live or were born in Kent.

• Anyone know if it will be segregated as I am going along with a couple of Gills fans
  • Scally might lay on a coach for us
  • Macronate said:

AND it's the same night as the Sponsors' dinner !

• Anyone know if it will be segregated as I am going along with a couple of Gills fans

Surely it won't be segregated, it's basically a reserve match. Segregation costs stewards and I'd like to think that's not necessary for this game*

*that being said one of my best mates is a huge Gills fan and if/when we win he's going to wish there was segregation !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm hoping to get along for this, but won't know for sure until the day. So hopefully you can pay on the night.........
  • I was at the last final in 1994 and remember singing "we're on the March with Peacock's army, we're all going to Gillingham etc etc." Kim Grant bagged a couple if memory serves...

Me and my boy should be at this one too.
  • Well even after todays result we still have a cup final to look forward to!

Every cloud....
  • We should take our strongest team - you can't make up for freezing against Millwall but you can win the Kent Cup !
  • HandG said:

I was at the last final in 1994 and remember singing "we're on the March with Peacock's army, we're all going to Gillingham etc etc." Kim Grant bagged a couple if memory serves...

Yeah I was at that one too, day after we drew 1-1 with Reading at Elm Park

Think Kim Grant actually got a hat trick that day
  • se9addick said:

We should take our strongest team - you can't make up for freezing against Millwall but you can win the Kent Cup !

Not exactly fair on the academy players who got us there, by scoring bucket loads of goals, is it?
  • se9addick said:

We should take our strongest team - you can't make up for freezing against Millwall but you can win the Kent Cup !

Not exactly fair on the academy players who got us there, by scoring bucket loads of goals, is it?
    I wasn't being entirely serious, I'm sure it will be a development squad.
  • The first team squad would treat it as a "m'eh" game , whereas for the kids it IS a cup final.
  • HandG said:

I was at the last final in 1994 and remember singing "we're on the March with Peacock's army, we're all going to Gillingham etc etc." Kim Grant bagged a couple if memory serves...

Our last final was 2 years ago, when we beat Tonbridge 7-1. Smudged scored 4 that day.
  • "We know what we are, we know what we are, Champions of Kent...we know what we are!