Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reserves Tonight

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Currently 0-0 just kicking off second half

Comments

• Is Gibbs still on the pitch?
  • the reserves won 3-1
  • That's good. And the important thing - did Mr Gibbs last 90 mins??
  • really ?

from the Saints official site

Saints Reserves were held to a goalless first half against Charlton at Staplewood this evening.

A young home side had most of the play but were unable to break through against the experienced London opposition who had won the earlier meeting between the sides by a remarkable 8-4 scoreline.

The first half-chance fell to Adam Hammill on 12 minutes but he fired a snap-shot over from a good position. Then seven minutes later he had another effort blocked by Jose Semedo.

Within a minute David McGoldrick hit a good 20-yard drive but the keeper was well placed to save and then Cedric Baseya (pictured) headed over.

Kayne McLaggon slipped a defender but the keeper got down well to save and the best effort of the first half came from Simon Gillett on 35 minutes when he goalbound shot from the corner of the box was well turned away by Elliott.

Half-time: Saints Res 0 Charlton Res 0

Saints Res: Pernecky, Hatch, Mills, Gillett, James, Thomson, McLaggon, McGoldrick, Baseya, Giallombardo, Hammill. Subs: Paterson, Racine, Stiklakis, Hogan.

Charlton: Elliot, Moutaouakil, Thatcher, Gibbs, Sodje, J Thomas, Semedo, Racon, Sam, Smith, Iwelumo. Subs (from): Lee, Monteiro, Sinfield, Smalley, Lozano-Calderon, Perkins.
  • the score came up on the sky vidiprinter or whatever you call it
  • Anyone know what's really going on?? I don't know who to believe...

Confused of Glasgow ;-)
  • i messed up, that report was for just the first half.
  • all goals in the second half?
  • Finshed 3-1

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=9794
  • Sponsored links:

• Southampton's site confirms the 3-1 victory, no other details as yet.
  • the result is on there site now, no news on the goal scorers tho
  • Can confirm 3-1 victory to the Addicks on Sky.
  • Good stuff. Now we just need to know about the mysterious Mr Gibbs...
  • I reckon he scored a hat-trick!
  • Rygaard Jensen scored the first, McGoldrick equalised, Jensen scored a second and Jerome Thomas got the third in injury time.

No word on whether Gibbs lasted 90 minutes.
  • If you have a look on that link now it says Jensen scored two and JT got one, Gibbs even had a shot saved so at least he made it onto the pitch!
  • Thanks, BFR.
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]the result is on there site now, no news on the goal scorers tho

Should be a report on the OS by the end of the week then ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Rygaard Jensen scored the first, McGoldrick equalised, Jensen scored a second and Jerome Thomas got the third in injury time.

No word on whether Gibbs lasted 90 minutes.

Sub Jensen was robbed of a hat-trick as he later hit a post to almost make it 3.

Gibbs shot was in the 2nd half. Is that the longest he's been on the pitch for Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• This is his website, any Danish speakers out there??

http://www.mikkelrygaard.com/
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]This is his website, any Danish speakers out there??

Where's Hugo Hackenbusch when you need him??
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]This is his website, any Danish speakers out there??

I used to be able to speak a bit of Danish.
    "Jeg kan snakke Dansk, lidt..."

I've gotta nip down my woman's first otherwise she'll accuse me of ignoring her. Row. You know....
    Cue response of: "Bloody Charlton website...!!!" type comments.

I'll check it out when I get back.
  • Man of many talents, Oggy ;-)
  • edited February 2008
    There's a lot on Mikel Rygaard Jensen's site, so as an example, I've just clicked on the link "min fremtid" (my future"):

Altså jeg er i gang med mit første år scholarship her i Charlton
    også til næste år eller rettere her til sommer 2008 går jeg over
    og bliver profesionel i Charlton Athletic også når min kontrakt
    udløber her om 1½ år . Så må vi se hvad der ellers skal ske?
    Der kan ske mange ting, så det må tiden vise.

It reads into English as:
    "......(therefore) I'm working with my first year scholarship here in Charlton until next year, then directly after summer 2008 finishes I'll become a full time professional at Charlton Athletic when my present contract runs out in about 1 and a half years. So we shall see what happens.

Many things can happen, time will tell."

Another link is all about a recent fixture for Denmark U-18 against Portugal.

Danish isn't too difficult overall. The Danes were Vikings, remember, and after colonising much of Britain, left many words in the English language which are still in use or adapted to modern English words today.

If you've got a smattering of German and a grasp of English - like understanding Dutch, you can usually make sense of Danish.
  • That picture of Jerome Jerome, our new (reserve) goalscoring winger on the Reserve match report on the OS
    - shows a 'new' paunch that dear old Andy Reid would have been proud of.

Oi, Henry, sort it aht. :o)
  • Oggy, well I never knew....
  • gibbs lasted 90!!! i think he's gonna last one more game and then treatment time.
  • Also says Chrissy Powell joined Kins in a coaching capacity on the sidelines...
  • he taught them how to milk the crowd after a victory!!