Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sinclair IN, McLeod OUT

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
According to the SLP

click here

Comments

• If thats true and he is eligible here is my team for saturday following on from that debacle at Blackpool

Weaver
    Halford (just) Sodje McCarthy Youga

Varney ZZ Holland Ambrose

Sinclair

Iwelumo
  • Good deal for us and Izale might find his scoring boots again.
  • After that debacle at Blackpool my team would be:-

Woolley; Solly, Long, Mambo, Coleman; Shelvey, Stavrinou, Yussuff; Wagstaff, Uchechi, Godfrey
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Good deal for us and Izale might find his scoring boots again.

yeah if wednesday get relegated;-)
  • Dont know much about Sinclair other than he was rated at Plymouth...anyone seen him play?

Id agree with Brunello's selection, but would drop Halford for Moo2 and have Boogie in if fit, in place of Sodje.

Good luck to Izale wherever he ends up.
  • are the SLP ever right?
  • what is up with Boogy ?
  • he had an ankle knock
  • SLP seem to get quite a few stories right.
  • Good call if it happens.
  • Sponsored links:

• In fairness, the Sinclair deal has been known for about 5 weeks.
  • Is Sinclair what we need though? I can't see that we need another winger as we've got Ambrose, Thomas, Cook and Sam already. Although maybe Ambrose will play inside.
    I see Liam Miller has fallen out with Roy Keane even though he was apparently playing quite well for them. I think he could do a job on loan for us in the centre.
  • I don't know, but my belief is Sinclair will be deployed as a striker, not as a winger.

May be wrong though.
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]are the SLP ever right?

From my understanding, SLP is always right on these things because this is the newspaper that the club likes to give breaking stories to.

The story is nailed on mate.
  • Yeah Sinclair is a striker played out wide as he's was a little lightwight, Played in the Charity sheild, likes to run with the ball.

Like a theo walcott with a bit of edge.
  • gray dropped already
  • Do we applaud Pards for this bit of business or damn him for the purchase of McLeod just a few months back?

Answers on a postcard?
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Do we applaud Pards for this bit of business or damn him for the purchase of McLeod just a few months back?

Answers on a postcard?

Still think McCleod can cut it at this level, a few months elsewhere might do him the power of good
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    hopefully he can get the winners against Stoke, WBA and Plymouth (McLeod that is)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Is Sinclair what we need though? I can't see that we need another winger as we've got Ambrose, Thomas, Cook and Sam already. Although maybe Ambrose will play inside.
    I see Liam Miller has fallen out with Roy Keane even though he was apparently playing quite well for them. I think he could do a job on loan for us in the centre.[/quote]

Only cook and cross though and he cant make 90 mins yet. competition is always good, and plays upfront aswell i think.
  • Sponsored links:

• i think miller could be what we need in the middle of the park
  • Sinclair looks good got some real pace.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tNd-vXqMp94
  • not sure to many people at the time thought McCleod was a bad purchase, given what he had done for the MK Dons, sometimes things just don't work out as planned....if he'd scored early on and got a bit of confidence who's to say he wouldn't have been a regular and banging them in !?!?
  • don't know if Mcleod can score goals as he isn't usually in the squad and if he is he never comes on.

Can't score sitting on the bench. IMHO he has been given some rough treatmnet by Pards. Gray has come in and played from the offset - even having to get him special clearance to play at watford. Since then he has started every game (6) and has played the full 90 mins in most (expect 'pool) and hasn't scored. Sinclair in and mcloed out on loan wont help help the situation - just more ammo to score less goals

come back Curbs - all is forgiven.
  • Mcleod has been given a raw deal to be honest. we have been inconsitent all season and it shows with all the differnet partners up fron
  • Agree that McLeod hasn't been given much of a chance, but don't see him getting his confidence back very easily here. A fresh chance on loan could be just what he needs, and if he can put a few away against our promotion rivals, so much the better!
  • i agree with charlton Carl Liam Miller is out of luck and lurve in sunderland he could do a blinding job in our centre mids lets hope pards thinks so too and trys to do something
  • If you bought McLeod for the money we did you'd at least give him a proper run of games.

However who ever scouted him should be shot, he wouldn't have fitted into our style of play (which is?) at the time he was bought.

Fantastic diver though, even better than Garry Nelson.
  • It's hard to give a player a run of games when you have dick fans that boo his everytouch, all that's doing is making his confidence even worse.

I think our most dangerous pairing upfront is McLeod and Varney, pace scares teams, sadly people would rather boo and jeer than cheer the lad on and help him.