Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Previous trips to Bramall Lane

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Only been the once, a disappointing 1-0 defeat in the 90s.

Any memorable trips there ?

Any go up for the cup replay midweek, around 90/91 ?

Comments

• Come on Saturday AFKA! Need your singing in the car!
  • Went to the cup replay on big Duncans coach. Someone got into a row with a palace fan at a service station and when the old bill turned up they took all the beer. Duncan was not happy!

Also went back in the 80's for a 1-1. Flash scored about 5 mins from the end and in the last minute the ref seemed to give a pen then change his mind.
  • edited February 2008
    Once, wen't on my own whilst working away in Peterborough for a midweek match.

Not sure in there was even a hundred of us there,

Think it was 0.0 but it was awful- but not as awful as last season when i realised we were doomed there when Gillespie scored.. :-(
  • Probably only be a hundred there this Sat :-)
  • Phoned Charlton about the Coach - Bexleyheath and Dartford were full up on Tuesday so hopefully there will be a little turn out....
  • thats a 104 then...
    ;-)
  • September 1999. Memorable for the 2-1 win and the big off with the Sheff Utd stewards at half time. I think 'fat Robbie Fowler' did a turn at this one and got nicked.
  • 1981. water all over the pitch and only played as match of the day cameras were there. lost but good turnout as always that season
  • JUst the FA cup replay for me
  • I went last year and really thought we were going to stay up at the start and Les Reed and Robbo were the perfect combo. Started well enough but that little rat Gillespie buggered it all up.

"Reed and Robbo's Red & White Army"

Oh dear, how misguided.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just the 1999 win and FA Cup replay. Would have also gone last season if didn't have other commitments.
  • Sheff U has been a mixed bag for me:

Seen us win (2-1 as mentioned by Valley Mc) draw (1-1 Flash equaliser as menitioned by Fatboy) and lose (last season as mentioned by WSS)
  • can't remember how long ago it was, but I was on a coach that broke down on the way there....we arrived (in the home end) with about 15 mins to go just as we scored...cue flurry of punches and hasty retreat to the away end !
  • First time I went there was the mid 90's midweek, we lost 3-0 in the green n purple kit.

I reckon there were no more than 40 Charlton there in a stand that holds 6000.
  • Eltham addick i was on that coach with my brother Eddie Addick and rember us getting put in there by the OB and we all started singing charlton chralton only for the Sheff United lot to kick it off. we were out numbered and took more than we gave. I rember Gatting scoring just as we ended up on the pitch and i started dancing around the corner flag and then dived into the away fans and lost a shoe top day out was well funny, ithink some people on our coach started scrapping on the grass verge on the motorway because some wanted to turn around and go back and the rest of us wanted to see the last 15 mins of the game
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]September 1999. Memorable for the 2-1 win and the big off with the Sheff Utd stewards at half time. I think 'fat Robbie Fowler' did a turn at this one and got nicked.

Drove up to this one. Andy Hunt got them both for us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]can't remember how long ago it was, but I was on a coach that broke down on the way there....we arrived (in the home end) with about 15 mins to go just as we scored...cue flurry of punches and hasty retreat to the away end !

i went to the midweek cup replay , did we lose 3-1, i remember a few charlton nut nuts turning up in the home stand to the right of the away end late on and it getting a bit nawty was that the game
  • LOL as one of the nut nuts who was in the main stand that night was quite a day coach breaking down, the row on the verge as peopled made there mind up to go or come home the punch up in the main stand getting a clump then onto the pitch and into the away end.
  • I had a black eye for days after that i am sure it was sean bean who clumped me
  • 1999 - remember all hell breaking loose under the stands at half time - Robocops in full effect.

We started drinking on the train up at 7am - totally sozzled by 3pm

Razil fought with some Millwall blokes at London Bridge on the way home after I drunkenly stumbled right through their little mob on the way to the train. Razil gave them a good shoeing as well!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Went to the cup replay. Didn't Steve Gatting score for us when we were already 3-0 down?

Another disappointing trip.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Eltham addick i was on that coach with my brother Eddie Addick and rember us getting put in there by the OB and we all started singing charlton chralton only for the Sheff United lot to kick it off. we were out numbered and took more than we gave. I rember Gatting scoring just as we ended up on the pitch and i started dancing around the corner flag and then dived into the away fans and lost a shoe top day out was well funny, ithink some people on our coach started scrapping on the grass verge on the motorway because some wanted to turn around and go back and the rest of us wanted to see the last 15 mins of the game

I remember people arguing about wanting to turn straight round and go home cause we'd missed most of the game
  • Only visit was last season. That tosser Gillespie has probably never scored a better goal in his life
  • I actually remember listening to the replay on my walkman whilst delivering a local freebie paper.

I remember the Monday after the first draw at Upton Park, the headmaster stormed into our class and said something like 'sorry for the interuption Miss ...., just wanted Smith and Nunn to know that there will be no doctors or dentist appointments on Wednesday afternoon'